You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How much do you spend on food each week?

How much per week?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How much per week?

• £10-£20
    • £21-£30
    • £31-£40
    • £41-£50
    • £51-£60
    • £61-£70
    • £71-£80
    • £81-£90
    • £91-£100
    • £100+

Family of 4, kids are 6 and 9, and we tend to spend between 60-80 per week.

That'll include all her hair products and shit though so not to bad. Our kids usually eat at after school club so they only have a snack when they get in.

Feed them some Scouse and corned beef hash, you minge.

We used to hit ~£60-70 a week when we went to the shop as we'd just see discounted shite and throw it in.

We've switched from Tesco to Asda and do it all online now. Delivery for £1. Found it really helps with the budgeting and planning out meals plus you can avoid the "are we low on...?" question.

We average around £40-50 and hit Lidl if there's anything immediate like running out of Halloumi or if I want shite beer that some tit on here suggested. Note, Aldis beer is better than Lidls.

Home and B if we need the mazzy bin bag roll ting.

I'm reading this and thinking that none of you goes to the supermarket.

Four of us and we spend £150 a week easily.  I live in a place that is more expensive, admittedly. It does my head in.  But when I am in the UK, it's still over £100.

And it's not foie gras and quayle's eggs, I'm talking basics.

You can live on £20 a week for food?  You sound like a Tory MP looking for a (very short lived) television series.

PS  I am always skint.  

Four of us and we spend £150 a week easily. I live in a place that is more expensive, admittedly. It does my head in. But when I am in the UK, it's still over £100.

You can live on £20 a week for food? You sound like a Tory MP looking for a (very short lived) television series.

PS I am always skint.

Where do you live, Razor?

Four of us and we spend £150 a week easily. I live in a place that is more expensive, admittedly. It does my head in. But when I am in the UK, it's still over £100.

You can live on £20 a week for food? You sound like a Tory MP looking for a (very short lived) television series.

PS I am always skint.

We used to get Ocado deliveries and were spending that much. Then I quit the fucking bad Tory behaviour and embraced the Aldi/Lidl combo. Saved us two hundred quid a month, easy.

Probably about £50 a week for 2 adults, dog and cat.

I’ll do a massive Costco shop every 3 months for cleaning gear and we don’t buy alcohol with the food shop unless we both have the weekend off and then we’ll probably get a bottle of gin.

So you dont go out at all during the week and drink nothing with no take in or table out on the weekends either??

So you dont go out at all during the week and drink nothing with no take in or table out on the weekends either??

Should have made it clearer, the basic food shop comes out of the joint bills account - take aways, eating out and alcohol we don’t buy out of the joint bills account we’ll take it in turns paying for that.

• Upvote 1

Not for me at all. If I didn't have to eat I wouldn't bother. 

My Mrs loves food (she's not a fatty btw) and hates that I'm really not interested in it.

Maybe you could do a swap with Jamie and his girlfriend.

I've trained him well and he's turning out to be a bit of a foodie whereas his girlfriend seems to have very little interest and a diet that seems to consist of chicken and mashed potato.

It sucks the life out of so many situations

• Upvote 1

We used to hit ~£60-70 a week when we went to the shop as we'd just see discounted shite and throw it in.

We've switched from Tesco to Asda and do it all online now. Delivery for £1. Found it really helps with the budgeting and planning out meals plus you can avoid the "are we low on...?" question.

We average around £40-50 and hit Lidl if there's anything immediate like running out of Halloumi or if I want shite beer that some tit on here suggested. Note, Aldis beer is better than Lidls.

Home and B if we need the mazzy bin bag roll ting.

Disagree with this. Bought a 6 pack of mixed Belgian beers from Lidl; all glorious, the weakest being 7.2%. 2 of them were called Piraat. Aldi can't compete with that.