You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

city at home

kop77

The Daily Fail had 5 articles about the team bus veing attacked. There's even one photo of a bottle of Rekordelig getting lashed at the bus which looks as bad as some of the effects in Jaws 3.

You would think ISIS attacked the bus last night like when Dortmunds coach got attacked.

The bellends who did that have ruined it for everyone and hopefully they get caught and banned if they were actually going the game. They've also ensured that anyone going the second leg will be a target for retribution.

I also love the way all these other fans are calling us scum. Probably the same twats who were throwing bikes in the canal and soaking families with beer in Amsterdam 2 weeks ago. West ham fans who smashed up the Mancs bus 2 years ago and beat the shit out of each other in the stands so much that kids have to go on the opposition teams bench to be safe.

Our lovely whiter than white neighbours who throw coins and bottles at Liverpool players taking corners at Goodison and who run down 10 flights of steps with toddlers in their arms to punch players.

• Upvote 1

Here are the latest UEFA disciplinary updates which includes decisions on charges. Gives a good indication to how UEFA act against various different charges they bring...

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/

How much does a new bus cost? Arriva probably have a few that they could offer to compensate Manchester City. 

Whatever the financial charge, it's an investment from Liverpool for a CL atmosphere like that. I don't think anyone can argue that they presence/noise of the fans made it absolutely horrible for City players last night. 

How much does a new bus cost? Arriva probably have a few that they could offer to compensate Manchester City.

Whatever the financial charge, it's an investment from Liverpool for a CL atmosphere like that. I don't think anyone can argue that they presence/noise of the fans made it absolutely horrible for City players last night.

Absolutely...the fans were superb and carried the team to the end when maybe in the past they would be a little nervy when City had a lot of the ball and transmit that to the players...but the bad bells lashing bottles at a coach many of who i have no doubt didn't actually go the game have cast an unceccesary shadow on a great night
  • Upvote 1

It's not a proper European night unless we get at least three UEFA charges. They hand out charges for everything. 

Remember they charged City fans for booing the CL anthem?

We'll just tell them to fuck off & that we've stopped blocking alleyways so what more do they want & they'll probably give us money.

Bluemoon isn't a pretty sight at the minute.

The main things that I'm confused about is a lot of the complaints are about the actual bus greeting not the bottle throwing. Moaning that thousands of our fans were at it and that it was planned a month in advance. I don't think thousands of our fans planned or did throw shit at their bus to be fair, it was a minority of scallies, probably ones that live in the area but weren't going to the match.

And a lot of their comments start with them moaning that they'd be getting called scum and would be slaughtered in the media and online if they did it. Before calling us scum and slaughtering us online. It's like they don't realise what they're saying.

I tell you what though, they're extremely pissed off with us, I can see them trying to get some kind of revenge on us, hopefully our travelling fans don't get hurt, especially any that have bought some cheeky home tickets on the general sale, they'll be out for blood.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely...the fans were superb and carried the team to the end when maybe in the past they would be a little nervy when City had a lot of the ball and transmit that to the players...but the bad bells lashing bottles at a coach many of who i have no doubt didn't actually go the game have cast an unceccesary shadow on a great night

Absolutely this. UEFA will no doubt take into account similar instances was it Sevilla coach that was similarly treated. These idiots really do not bother about the damage they do to the clubs reputation. I know it is fashionable to go we are all scousers and we do not give a toss what others think of us but this stuff has serious implications.

Bluemoon isn't a pretty sight at the minute.

The main things that I'm confused about is a lot of the complaints are about the actual bus greeting not the bottle throwing. Moaning that thousands of our fans were at it and that it was planned a month in advance. I don't think thousands of our fans planned or did throw shit at their bus to be fair, it was a minority of scallies, probably ones that live in the area but weren't going to the match.

And a lot of their comments start with them moaning that they'd be getting called scum and would be slaughtered in the media and online if they did it. Before calling us scum and slaughtering us online. It's like they don't realise what they're saying.

I tell you what though, they're extremely pissed off with us, I can see them trying to get some kind of revenge on us, hopefully our travelling fans don't get hurt, especially any that have bought some cheeky home tickets on the general sale, they'll be out for blood.

I went on there this morning and clicked on a thread called Salah vs De Bruyne about who should get the personal awards. The level of retard on there is best summed up by this.

Someone mentioned the votes being done early which may effect the voting in De Bruyne’s favour. The next post says something along the lines of how can they be done early if it’s in March/April. Surely they should be done in January at the latest if it’s for player of the year. Salah is getting the benefit of the months of this year.

How can you be a fan of an English team to the point that you sign up to a forum to talk about it yet not know such basic things like awards for league seasons are based on league seasons and not calendar years. It honestly baffles me.

Yes! This!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/05/kop-atmosphere-liverpool-fans-anfield-manchester-city

Wild, furious, almost feral: from the Kop this felt like a collective triumph

The atmosphere inside Anfield helped Liverpool to victory over Manchester City. In an era of agents’ fees and expected goals it was a reminder of what football should be about

Sachin Nakrani at Anfield

@SachinNakrani

Thu 5 Apr 2018 10.47 BSTLast modified on Thu 5 Apr 2018 14.39 BST

View more sharing options

Shares

Comments924

Football has increasingly become a sport judged on tangibles. This is the age of expected goals and big chances, of statisticians sitting behind laptops and pundits sitting in front of touch screens looking for definite reasons to explain why results happen. The discourse has changed and can be illuminating. Equally, it can be needlessly complicated and corrosive.

Because, at its heart, football is just how Bill Shankly described it: “terribly simple”. Yes, there are laws and regulations but none so overbearing as to wreck the flow of a game should those involved be in the mood to put on a show. It is easy to follow and, crucially, open to being affected not only by talent but emotion.

Pep Guardiola’s tactical gamble with Raheem Sterling goes belly-up

Jonathan Wilson

Read more

Which brings us on to what occurred at Anfield on Wednesday evening. In case you missed it, Manchester City were hammered. The best team in the country, champions-elect no less, reduced to wrecks by rampant hosts, and if one image summed up the torment it was that of Pep Guardiola striding to the edge of his technical area midway through the first half and gesturing to his side to stay calm. Liverpool were 2-0 up; soon afterwards they scored again and there was nothing City’s manager or players could do about it.

How did this happen? Most will point to Liverpool excellent display as the principal cause. Quite right, too. But something else was also at play, an inexplicable, intangible force. How do I know? Because I helped create it.

Much was made about Anfield’s atmosphere in the buildup to this Champions Leaguequarter-final. Almost as soon as the draw was made, Liverpool supporters took to Twitter to proclaim how the noise and colour of a European night at the home of European royalty would prove too much for their visitors from across the M62. In turn, City supporters rolled their collective online eyes and dismissed Anfield’s legendary atmosphere as a myth. One even suggested, with dripping sarcasm, that those “flags will really intimidate David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne”.

I’m not going to lie, that particular tweet riled me, mainly because I know some of the people who fly those flags and have seen first-hand what they can help generate under Anfield’s lights.

Play Video

1:01

Manchester City coach posts footage of attack on team bus – video

The standout occasion remains that 2005 Champions League semi-final second leg against Chelsea. Anfield hadn’t rocked so hard since David Fairclough scored against Saint-Étienne in 1977 and you could see Chelsea’s players – who, it should be remembered, had been crowned champions a few days earlier – struggling with the intensity of it all. John Terry was reduced to tears and later described the atmosphere that evening as the best he has played in.

The Fiver: the Guardian's take on the world of football

Read more

After Chelsea came victories against teams such as Internazionale, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund, and while it would be foolish to suggest it was purely, or even largely, the Anfield atmosphere that got Liverpool over the line, neither should the role of the home crowd be dismissed out of hand. Anfield’s European din may be overly hyped but the fact it is so often talked about, by neutrals as well as Liverpool fans, means it must be rooted in something felt and feared.

It was certainly felt on Wednesday, no more so than in Block 305 of the Kop. Frenzied on the most mundane of occasions, it turned practically feral up there.

‘Mohamed Salah’s opening goal was the cue for bedlam.’ Photograph: Matt McNulty/JMP/Rex/Shutterstock

I got to my seat just before 7pm and the singing had started. As kick-off got closer it got louder and more furious, and by the time the fella who stands to my left turned up wild with adrenaline I knew it was going to be one hell of a night.

Mohamed Salah’s opening goal was the cue for bedlam. Bodies flew this way and that, hugs were given as well as received, and the noise became deafening. City kept probing but they were clearly rocked. At the opposite end of the ground, meanwhile, the away fans appeared shellshocked. We did warn you, lads.

Given the senseless attack that took place on City’s team bus before kick-off, this was not a night for all Liverpool fans to feel proud, and each and everyone of us should be aware that despite having a 3-0 lead to take to the Etihad Stadium next week, this tie is not over.

For now, however, Liverpool supporters should, in the main, feel chuffed with their team and themselves. This was a collective triumph – one spurred on by the other. Anfield at its best.

Manchester City players refuse to blame bus attack for Liverpool defeat

Read more

And to any non-Reds reading this with increasing cynicism, allow me to ask this: why not take at least a modicum of pleasure from the possibility that a group of supporters can make a difference to their team’s display? Surely that is something to cherish in a climate where figures, financial as well as statistical, increasingly rule supreme.

I don’t know about you but I didn’t get into football to know about agents’ fees and xG trends. I did so because, at the age of eight, the sport took a grip of me in a way I could hardly explain. There was a intangible magic I wanted more of and it’s that which keeps pulling me back in.

What a night.

• Upvote 4

Fuck them. UEFA regularly turn a blind eye to racism and organised fighting. They're probably pissed that Abu Dhabi FC are in danger of going out. Less brown envelopes and Rolex's to be dished out as gifts to the UEFA execs. 

I'm happy to say 'fuck them' when it comes to Uefa, but I'm certain they are not looking at a semi-final line up of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool and wishing they could squeeze Manchester City in there at Liverpool's expense.

On the one hand you could have the champions of Spain, champions of Germany, current champions of Europe, and champions of England going into the semis.

On the other you could have a team that's won it 12 times, and 3 teams that have won it 5 times and actually own a real version of the trophy going into the semis at the expense of those that haven't won it, or unfortunately for Juve only won it a couple of times.

I'll go with the latter in this case.

Back on Bluemoon and apparently we could crumble because we haven’t got game management which is proven by us beating them 4-3 instead of 4-1. This is ignoring the fact we’ve just went 3-0 up against them in half an hour and then played out an hour where they didn’t get a shot on target.

Don’t get me wrong this tie is still open. Anything can happen. A sending off or some really bad defending etc. If anything though, yesterday we proved we can manage them effectively.