You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Sounds strange saying it but Man City and Chelsea having money and providing them with competition has been a good thing. They could be on about 25 league titles before Ferguson retired and be like Bayern and PSG in their leagues. We haven't done much of a good job of stopping them the last 25 years. Although Chelsea are detestable and Man City will probably get more annoying the more things they win at least it isn't those twats hoovering up every trophy in sight.

I negged when I wanted to like. Proving that you don't have to like a post to like it, but I do like it.

• Upvote 2

I meant in a good way as in that the Mamcs aren't out of sight. Not good for us as both Chelsea and Man City will outspend us.

I actually tried to like it mate, but fucked it at the last second and Homer Simpson fat hand palmed the key pad.

Just remember that lovren, lallana and plenty of others looked like dross for us before settling.

This £450m they've spunked could very easily turn into £300-£350m worth of talent in a team at some point, at which point they won't care a jot that £100-150m wasn't worth the money.

The change from dross to quality is not about settling. It's about a new manager and a new coaching team.

Hope he gets another season and the Mancs give him another 160m to spend on marquee players rather than what they actually need. Then he just goes completely mental when they draw 0-0 at home to Stoke or Crystal Palace because the press say his tactics and style of play are shite. He'll start to engineer his exit by falling out with Rooney, Pogba, someone on the board or medical staff.

I just hope that Simeone never goes there and they just keep replacing their managers ever season without thinking it through but just throwing tons of money at the problem. Hopefully until it becomes too much of a poisoned chalice for anyone to turn it round. Their fans are twats and this is the least they deserve.

I know everyone goes on about how we waste money on players but surely now they have overtaken us in that respect?. Regardless of how much money they have and that they can write it off they have bought a lot of players who they just don't play regularly or have moved on for a massive hit.

Darmian

Phil Jones

Di Maria

Martial

Mkhitarian

Anderson

Rojo

Probably a lot more but they are the ones that spring to mind. Not all Mourinho signings but the fact that they buy all these players then change manager, pay them off then let the new manager bring in another load must cost them a fortune.

Don't forget Depay. Weren't we supposed to be gutted we didn't sign him?
  • Upvote 1

Sounds strange saying it but Man City and Chelsea having money and providing them with competition has been a good thing. They could be on about 25 league titles before Ferguson retired and be like Bayern and PSG in their leagues. We haven't done much of a good job of stopping them the last 25 years. Although Chelsea are detestable and Man City will probably get more annoying the more things they win at least it isn't those twats hoovering up every trophy in sight.

They had all that success and only have 2 more titles than us and we havent won it for 26 years. Still not likely to catch our EC up either. Would be fantastic to catch them up again.