You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

He'll be injured by matchday 3. Recurrence in training when it looks like he's almost fit. Brief return followed by his usual Christmas off. Sporadic appearances until the end of the season, if we still have the patience for it and haven't bombed him out by then.

He'll be injured by matchday 3. Recurrence in training when it looks like he's almost fit. Brief return followed by his usual Christmas off. Sporadic appearances until the end of the season, if we still have the patience for it and haven't bombed him out by then.

Sadly pretty much this.

It beggars belief that people seem to be falling for thinking he will suddenly just put 4 years of being a waste of space behind him.

Sadly pretty much this.

It beggars belief that people seem to be falling for thinking he will suddenly just put 4 years of being a waste of space behind him.

Honestly, what's bizarre is that people don't seem to understand that a 28 year old professional athlete who is playing for his last big contract is bound to absolutely bust his ass to get it. Do you know how motivation works?

It's possible that Sturridge is broken, but I don't really think that's the case. He's not had surgery after surgery, he gets constant niggles. Stuff that he'll now probably power through because there is the carrot in front of him. 

He'll be an asset this season, I'm sure of it. 

Honestly, what's bizarre is that people don't seem to understand that a 28 year old professional athlete who is playing for his last big contract is bound to absolutely bust his ass to get it.

He won't be getting a new contract. At the end of the season he'll be released with our thanks for his service. It will be cordial, but nothing more.

• Upvote 2

Fuck it, if he puts in a ton of graft for selfish reasons then I'm happy, and this is probably the best season for him to do so.

If we end up with number 19 partly because he was chasing one big payday then I'm happy for him to do so, and I hope he gets his big payday.

The cryptic messages from former and current teamates regarding Sturridge tell you everything about why he has had a career of 'what ifs.' We also loaned him out last season to a team who were relegated and he occupied the bench/treatment table in the same fashion he did previously here.

What cryptic messages? 

Fuck it, if he puts in a ton of graft for selfish reasons then I'm happy, and this is probably the best season for him to do so.

If we end up with number 19 partly because he was chasing one big payday then I'm happy for him to do so, and I hope he gets his big payday.

Somewhere else hopefully.

Honestly, what's bizarre is that people don't seem to understand that a 28 year old professional athlete who is playing for his last big contract is bound to absolutely bust his ass to get it. Do you know how motivation works?

It's possible that Sturridge is broken, but I don't really think that's the case. He's not had surgery after surgery, he gets constant niggles. Stuff that he'll now probably power through because there is the carrot in front of him.

You know what i hope you are right....i very much doubt you are but i hope you are.

There is another discussion though to be had though then about where the fuck has his motivation been the last 4 years - you know to play for his 150k a week wage...to power on.

His massive wages should have been enough of a carrot...not to mention professional pride.

I'd actually prefer it if he was actually broken rather than just not being arsed these last few years.

I vaguely remember how disappointing Mark Wright was after his big transfer fee and his high wages but then he came back from the fringes and was class for a period. It might not be the best comparison but I didn't give a toss about what he'd done before, at the time.