You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, whoever is in charge of pricing and negotiating in terms of the players we target need to be fired immediately. The Benteke saga was a fucking joke.... 

Villa: 32.5 m, please.

Us: Can we get a discount?

Villa: 32.5 m, please.

Us: Come on, give us a discount. We'll go elsewhere...

Us: We mean it, Benteke is not the only fish in the pond, you know. He barely even suits the way we play as it is.

Us: Well, I guess we'll go somewhere else, then. Ooh.... that Lacazette looks like a good 'un, doesn't he?

Us: Fine, here's 32.5 m. Anything else you want? *pulls pants down and bends over*

Add to that Lallana priced at 25 fucking million, Markovic at 20, Lovren at 20 and you have clear evidence that the people in charge of transfers and negotiation are fucking clueless. No amount of sacking managers will change that fact.

What the majority of people don't realise is that this committee are dancing to the tune of FSG!!

I'm not saying they are without fault but the greedy cunts are sucking the bosses cock and swallowing. Money grabbing whores and not one of them has the balls to split on their pimps. 

With some luck we'll be in for someone tomorrow that nobody had any idea of. Wasn't that what we did with Firmino? I'm not giving the committee shit with this one, as it looks like Shakhtar's owner is just being a massive twat. We might even sign Teixeira in the summer and he could go on to be great for us. If that's the case I hope Shakhtar's owner fucking enjoys it if we win things with him.

A player wanting to go to a club that plays in his favourite league, and where he can play alongside Coutinho who he's known for years, but held back by some rich deluded moron who's probably a closet fascist too. Awesome stuff. Shove your 70mil euros up your arse you dickhead.

• Upvote 5

Hernandez would be terrific here because he's clinical, has superior movement and he works hard. He'd be a great compliment to our attacking midfielders.

It'll never happen though. There are good sources saying we are interested but I doubt he'd ever want to play for us. Not only that, Leverkusen would ask for 20 million pounds minimum and i'm not sure we'd be willing to pay that considering he turns 28 this June.

Maybe it's just me but I never got the feeling that he feels endured to United from his time there or the admittedly very little I've heard from him since then. I seem to remember him scoring goals for them but largely playing as a substitute and then not really playing afte that at all (when Moyes took over maybe?). He featured when those cunts came to Los Angeles and played the Galaxy a while ago but I remember seeing him and shrek on a billboard off the freeway and thinking "ha, chicharito never plays" but of course it made sense marketing wise.

I personally believe it's due to FSG why we have been this way, they try to play your typical American hard ball way.

This might work in a draft situation as in American sports but they don't seem to realise that football, especially in Europe is a totally different ball game. 

I just want them to fuck off and sell the club to someone who has a clue about the game. 

I know that the majority of owners view football as a chance to make big money, but I'd rather owners who know you need a successful club to make big bucks than these jokers who just want to cream off what they can due to the commercial side of things and fuck any success. 

They are not as bad as our last American incumbents but they are fucking clueless towards the ethos of the game as far as fans go. 

I can understand why you feel that way. I wouldn't be upset at all if FSG sold us to a better owner or group but in the US baseball, as shit as it is, is the most comparable sport to football scouting wise. The draft is pretty much meaningless in that particular sport. For example Ken Griffey Jr. is  the 1st number one overall draft pick to make the baseball hall of fame in the entire history of the sport. Loads of supposedly talented players who get drafted high never make it past the minor levels of the game, let alone go on to be more than a serviceable player. There are draft busts in every US sport but baseball far and away leads the lot for them, then again they also pay their draft picks less money than either the NBA or the NFL do.

On the other hand I would say that when the Red Sox recruit as poorly as we have heads do in fact roll, so I would like to see some of that as a Liverpool supporter as far as scouting and negotiations are concerned. Unless of course everything we've been lead to believe about the committee is a lie and it's more on the manager than anyone let's on. Klopp seems to be saying it's the same as it was everywhere he's worked, whereas the guy he replaced says his hands were tied. I don't think Dalglish has spoken on the matter for what that's worth.

Hernandez doesn't suit our style of play at all. He's a goal hanger. We need a Sturridge or a Torres, someone to play off the last man with pace. Besides he's a manc and he probably hates us, so why should we go out of our way to break the bank for someone that won't give themselves completely to the cause?

He scores goals, but so does Benteke. So did Lambert. We need to look for a player that offers more than just good numbers, the committee should realise this by now.

• Upvote 6

We offered £24.6m for a player most of us had never heard of, if Shaktar turn us down and say they want £38m  what the fuck is the Club meant to do? just roll over.

And as for Suarez we refused to sell at his £40m buy-out clause  and later got £75m for a player who did`t want to be here. The fact that we largely wasted that money is another issue.

Criticism of the Clubs transfer dealings is one thing but it seems some fans just want to stick the knife in regardless.

PS it`s took me about 20 minutes to write this post because I`m very tipsy off strong cider.

What a drivel.

We sold Suarez for 70M euros not 75m pounds. Did you read his recent statements about loving playing for us?

FSG give you cider, so you can post their drunk lies.

• Downvote 1

Yeah he would, for Middlesbrough.

Interesting to hear Klopp say the club are still working on one or two things that might come to fruition (although the tone was damage limitation).

I'd fucking love Hernandez, not because I rate him (although I do) but because them lot fucking love him and were a bit sick when he fucked off to Madrid then Leverkusen. I'm down with spite transfers 100%

I'd love hernandez. Keep your friends close, but enemies closer.

I'd kill the fucking shit lesbian looking cunt

John Barnes: I can see Liverpool signing this player before the transfer deadline John Barnes is hoping to see Liverpool wrap up a deal to sign Alex Teixeira before Monday's transfer deadline

transfer-bio.png
By Transfer Agent   Saturday 30 January 2016, 08:41 UK
15SHARES
John Barnes believes that Liverpool could wrap up a deal to sign Alex Teixeira from Shakhtar Donetsk before Monday’s January transfer window deadline.

The Reds have been heavily linked with a big-money swoop for the Brazilian as Jurgen Klopp considers bolstering his squad ahead of the last 15 games of the Premier League season.

Liverpool are understood to have already had a bid for the player rejected in recent days, with the Ukrainian club said to be holding outfor a big-money fee as they are keen to keep hold of Teixeira until the summer.

However, former Liverpool star Barnes says that he would not be surprised to see a late deal to sign Teixeira pushed through before the transfer deadline on Monday.

Writing in his blog for Titanbet, Barnes said: “A quick word on Alex Teixeira. January is a time of rumour and hearsay, but I hope to see the Brazilian come to Anfield before Monday’s deadline.

“I’ve watched him a lot in the Champions League in recent seasons and he looks like a player who could come in and be a big part of the team for the next four to five years.

“I would be wary of matching Shakhtar Donetsk’s massive valuation of him, but I can see late negotiations between the clubs happening.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2016/01/john-barnes-liverpool-signing-this-player-before-the-transfer-deadline/?

• Upvote 1

Who the fuck is Alex Texiera? Never heard of him before last week and now all of a sudden he's a £38m player who we desperately need. Fucks sake I hate modern football.

We'll pay £38m for him. He'll put a Liverpool shirt on and go absolutely shite.

• Upvote 1

Who the fuck is Alex Texiera? Never heard of him before last week and now all of a sudden he's a £38m player who we desperately need. Fucks sake I hate modern football.

We'll pay £38m for him. He'll put a Liverpool shirt on and go absolutely shite.

Just because you don't know him that doesn't mean he is going to be shite. Many people didn't know Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho, Firmino etc...

Isn't one of our problems that we overpay for shite footballers who play in the epl, footballers who you fucking happen to know?

I'm totally pissed off because in the later Premier League Era Liverpool Managers have been systematically undermined by LFC board members. Liverpool Managers have been missing out on their primary transfer targets in their efforts to build a winning team and had to compromise their plans, because the various Parrys, Purslows, Cammollis, Ayres, Gordons wanted to sign their players for their own twisted reasons.

So fuck off with all the garbage about the poor club trying their best to sign our manager's targets. It won't be long before Klopp will get disillusioned and alienated and will have to pay the price for the fraudsters' deals.

• Upvote 1

Just because you don't know him that doesn't mean he is going to be shite. Many people didn't know Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho, Firmino etc...

Isn't one of our problems that we overpay for shite footballers who play in the epl, footballers who you fucking happen to know?

He's going to be shite isn't he