You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Source, or just word on the street?

Just word on the Internet mate ha !  Bumped into this the other night, you have got to believe some of the shit that you read sometimes, right ?

Yes, Liverpool and Everton are both currently for sale. I work for an investment company in Manchester and we were asked if we had any prospective UHNWI/funds interested in either.

Everton £250m, Liverpool £650m - these are well known facts in investment circles.

Not too many takers due to several factors:

- The new Swiss accountability laws on all sizeable foreign investment

- Crashing oil prices paralysing Arab money

- ISIS situation threatening the entire stability of the M.E.

- Qatar Al Thani family under severe legal scutiny

- KSA almost broke and in need of borrowing

Not a situation that favours buying a football team, but who'd want Liverpool anyway?

I always thought they were only in it until the stadium renovations were finished, or at least the "first phase."

I don't have a real problem with that, either.  My concern is more about who we get next.  I don't even know what to hope for - some obscenely wealthy person from a country with a horrible human rights record who will spend us to the top again, or someone who will "manage us responsibly and within FFP guidelines" that will see us respect ourselves but stay more or less on the "Tottenham Hotspur level" that we're on currently, results-wise.

Ugh.  I hate modern football.

If they were intending to go after the first phase of renovations, and I don't believe they are, then I think that would just make us even more difficult to sell. We need a new stadium, so spunking money this one is just wasted cash, and who would want to buy the club and finish off the previous owners extension?

If they want out is it because of FFP? Because if FFP fails then there is no possibility of a fair fight.

FFP as previously configured by UEFA was wholly unfair, preventing the very injection of funds that is necessary to challenge for the top.

I think the Americans thought that FFP would enable them to contain costs while enjoying windfall gains from tv rights. They were wrong.

I see no prospects of an imminent sale. The new stand puts capacity on a par with Newcastle while Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea and Man City all leapfrog us. I see little prospect of the ARE being redeveloped for around 4000 seats with little premium seating included. Even if it was, we would still only offer a half new/half old ground and a team needing substantial investment.

Guest Super Sub

FSG are not going to sell the club as they have he need to sell the club. People who are stinking rich don't have their money sitting in bank accounts they have it invested in bricks and mortar. If FSG where to sell up after developing to ground yes they would be able to sell the club for more than they bought it for but they would lose out on the extra money they would generate from the extra revenue. FSG are not a small time property developer that needs to buy properties redevelop the properties then sell them on so they can move onto another project in order to have an income. They are the type of developer who has lots of money and needs a way to invest it. They are the type of developer who buys a property develops it and keeps their money tied up in bricks and mortar plus they also see an increased return from the rental income that property returns to them. That is how these rich people become very rich people. FSG. Are going no where and if Tony Evans seems to think that they are he is deluded.

FSG are not going to sell the club as they have he need to sell the club. People who are stinking rich don't have their money sitting in bank accounts they have it invested in bricks and mortar. If FSG where to sell up after developing to ground yes they would be able to sell the club for more than they bought it for but they would lose out on the extra money they would generate from the extra revenue. FSG are not a small time property developer that needs to buy properties redevelop the properties then sell them on so they can move onto another project in order to have an income. They are the type of developer who has lots of money and needs a way to invest it. They are the type of developer who buys a property develops it and keeps their money tied up in bricks and mortar plus they also see an increased return from the rental income that property returns to them. That is how these rich people become very rich people. FSG. Are going no where and if Tony Evans seems to think that they are he is deluded.

My money is on Evans being right for a change. Liverpool won't make any money for FSG until either they sell it or begin to spend what we make more wisely, so the former then.

Guest Super Sub

My money is on Evans being right for a change. Liverpool won't make any money for FSG until either they sell it or begin to spend what we make more wisely, so the former then.

Do you really think that if they weren't already making money they would have spent however much money they have spent redeveloping the main stand. Believe me they are making money from this club and if they weren't they wouldn't have risked another hundred and odd million trying to get it to make money.

If FSG aren't and can't make money from the club how would or can anyone else make money from the club and therefore how can they sell the club? You see my point they wouldn't have risked more money only to end up losing more money.

The club can make money in the future, it hasn't for years. I think the club broke even this year for the first time in years, it probably wouldn't but for the favourable terms on loans from FSG themselves. The stadium money will be paid back to FSG in full by the club out of the future income it will hopefully generate, if we're not mid table rubbish by then and the corporates fuck us off for a better lunch elsewhere.

Guest Super Sub

The club can make money in the future, it hasn't for years. I think the club broke even this year for the first time in years, it probably wouldn't but for the favourable terms on loans from FSG themselves. The stadium money will be paid back to FSG in full by the club out of the future income it will hopefully generate, if we're not mid table rubbish by then and the corporates fuck us off for a better lunch elsewhere.

Have you never heard of management fees? Do you not think that FSG are taking money from the club in the form of management fees and that is why it appears that FSG and the club are not making money. FSG will charge the club a management fee which can be many many many millions each year. FSG are one company that owns another company and by time they take their cut or fee it appears as though the club are operating at a loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Super Sub
While it may be true that LFC made a loss on paper it doesn't mean that loss wasn't as a result of LFCs parent company taking management fees out of it and then lending its own money back to the club to keep it in the black.Edit: How can a club that hasn't made a profit for years firstly stay in business and secondly justify spending the huge amounts of money it has on transfer fees and wages.

Did he mention China?
  • Downvote 1