You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

He'll score 7 goals next season. Complete shite signing, but what else should we expect from the clowns who run the club. 32.5 million on Benteke, absolutely embarrassing.

I think he will beast it here and be a good player, after the first time he bullies a defender in a lfc shirt fans will get behind him.Injuries are my concern with him.

• Upvote 1

Benteke on his way to #LFC. £32.5m clause will be met today and player will then be able to hold talks with Reds http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brink-completing-christian-9669677 

Quelle surprise.  Rodgers and Co shown up by Villa and Bert Raccoon once again.

A positive for next season is two players we can't seem to handle won't be facing us anymore, Benteke and N'Zonzi.That should help us get an extra few points on the board.

Until another couple of no marks show us up and we buy them next Summer.  Rinse and repeat.

We can all speculate until my cock falls off. Nobody knows how it will play out.

What's the point of participating in a discussion forum if you don't want people to speculate or state their opinions?

You're welcome to disagree until your cock falls off if you like.

• Upvote 1

An absurd price. But we have proven to being the biggest mugs in the league. Why bother trying to scout for a bargain when an expensive flop will do. Add Benteke to the list alongside Carroll, Aquilani, Downing, Lovren, Balotelli, Lallana, Markovic, etc.

• Upvote 3

An absurd price. But we have proven to being the biggest mugs in the league. Why bother trying to scout for a bargain when an expensive flop will do. Add Benteke to the list alongside Carroll, Aquilani, Downing, Lovren, Balotelli, Lallana, Markovic, etc.

He hasn't played a game yet. So I think it would be quite absurd to place him with some of those names.

What's the point of participating in a discussion forum if you don't want people to speculate or state their opinions?

You're welcome to disagree until your cock falls off if you like.

You are right.

I'm not here to censor anything, Zig. Speculate away. I like reading your posts, it's good to see you back.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to think he'll fit into our style of play, but since we don't have one anymore I'll have to wait and see.

From what I saw from Moreno last season it looked like crossing was one of his strengths and he wants to hit early crosses in when he gets forward.Clyne does the same and Milner and Henderson will be getting in to wide areas from cm and putting balls in, Benteke will have plenty of service.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

32.5m for misses like that. ( insert in post after first miss )

32.5m ! thought he could head a ball ( insert in post after first wayward header )

32.5m ! isn't he supposed to be strong ( insert in post after Shawcross elbows him in the face off the ball )

Welcome home Christian. Let's just hope he gets plenty of crosses.

From what I saw from Moreno last season it looked like crossing was one of his strengths and he wants to hit early crosses in when he gets forward.Clyne does the same and Milner and Henderson will be getting in to wide areas from cm and putting balls in, Benteke will have plenty of service.

Pity not many of his crosses get higher than a foot in the air

Absolutely delighted with the signing, he'll go on to prove himself as the best player in the world within two years, mark my words. 

A fucking abysmal waste of £32.5m. We'll be struggling to get £10m for him from West Brom in about two years.

Dave, can you change the amount of time for editing posts again please, mate.

• Upvote 6