You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want next? Clyne, Illaramendi, Kovacic, Bacca, or Rondon?

Gym Beglin

I'll be relieved to see a decent right back through the door, so it has to be Clyne for me.

Clyne is needed most right now as the only rb we have was on west broms bench last season and Manquillo is not good enough.

I'm not convinced about Bacca and I know we fucked up last summer waiting to see if we could get a big name striker but I wouldn't be against us doing that now, Aubameyang should be the main striker target imo.

From what I've seen of Illarmendi he looks very similar to Allen, I'd rather someone who is defensively strong like Carvalho.

I like Kovacic but surely Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Kovacic would be overkill and you coudln't fit them all in the same side. There's a limit to how many skillful attacking midfielders you can accommodate.

I'd like to see a DM come in who can hold the midfield together. Illaramendi or Carvalho, Bacca, Lacazette or Aubemeyang for the striker and Clyne to replace Johnson. Meulensteen or Pako in to get the best out of them and that'll do nicely.

Clyne for me, don't want to see anymore of Can, Markovic and Ibe at right-back. And, btw, Bacca is shit, as is Rondon. Would rather we try to get Dzeko or even Jovetic as part of a Sterling deal. Tevez or Alcacer would be the ideal signings but one looks like heading to Boca and the other is beyond our means.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Id like Bacca, haven't seen enough of Rondon to form an opinion, first time I saw him play was for Venezuela against Colombia. We urgently need a right back so Clyne must be a priority.

If we could somehow get Carvalho our midfield would improve massively. He was apparently on our radar a few months back but he's been playing well for the under 21's so his profile has increased and probably his price.

Bacca or Rondon for me, once we have a proper striker and start scoring goals again everything else falls into place. We nearly won the league without a defensive midfielder, just stop pissing around and get the ball in the back of the net.

A defensive midfielder, then a striker, then a right back.

I've no idea who though. The Clyne deal looks like it'll happen eventually and we're linked with enough strikers that surely one of them will arrive.

Not convinced we'll end up with the defensive/holding midfielder that we so badly need though.

I'd consider selling Can if we got an offer of £20m.

Just FYI.

I have reservations about his physical attributes, his fitness, stamina, to be playing in centre mid. I hope I'm proved wrong, but he's got Moussa Dembele written all over him...

He's gotten loads of plaudits in the U21 champs, but there he's been helped with some tough-tackling no-nonsense midfield teammates and he's been allowed this free role in front of the back four, a la Gerrard for us, pinging balls around and playing through balls. I'm not sure I want that from our team anymore, I want some solid physical midfielders with big engines, a la Milner, who can give a solid platform for Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino to create chances for a forward. We don't need a 'defensive midfielder' who tries to do the same but can't offer protection.

Bacca for me. As bad as our performances were last season a lot of our troubles would have been solved with a decent striker. I liked the look of Bacca from what I saw of him in Sevilla's league and European games last season. Clyne would be the next priority after that as we don't seem to have much quality in that position at the moment.

Clyne for me, don't want to see anymore of Can, Markovic and Ibe at right-back. And, btw, Bacca is shit, as is Rondon. Would rather we try to get Dzeko or even Jovetic as part of a Sterling deal. Tevez or Alcacer would be the ideal signings but one looks like heading to Boca and the other is beyond our means.

Really? Bacca is a quality player with pace and an eye for goals. Jovetic is shit and only scores against us.

21 goals in all games for Saville last season is not to be sniffed at.