You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Sounds like we've offered him probably 1/4 of what milner is getting and he's only one year older

Nonsense.

It's posturing over a new deal, and he's probably not in favour of a clause that might limit his appearances in order to keep him in a certain pay band.

1/4 of Milner's wages? what planet are you on?

City wanted him to stay, couldn't guarantee him playing time though.

He'll have a signing on fee (probably) and a decent wage packet, plus more game time (you'd assume LFC have told him he's a nailed on starter - wouldn't you?)

He's a loss to City, mostly from a HG point of view, but I think he'll warm a few Liverpool hearts.

And a little pat on the head as well.

Worked out well for us this one has.

• Upvote 2

And a little pat on the head as well.

Worked out well for us this one has.

I'd say it's a great signing. 

Actually let me rephrase.... it's a sensible signing that now appears great due the poor quality of signings recently. 

It'll be interesting to see the knock on effects at Liverpool though, as (I assume) his game time will have been guaranteed - so who's losing out? Allen? Lucas?

His average of covering 11.7km a match last season was only bettered by George Boyd of Burnley (12.06km) and matched by Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini (11.7km).

But industry was far from all the England international delivered, with five league goals - his best return in a City shirt - and seven assists - as many as David Silva - also served up

Nonsense.

It's posturing over a new deal, and he's probably not in favour of a clause that might limit his appearances in order to keep him in a certain pay band.

1/4 of Milner's wages? what planet are you on?

I'd say he's fucked off at how much milner is getting compared to what he's been offered. Simple

Now, why don't you fuck off you smug cunt and go and post on a city forum?

Oh you don't right because it's boring and it doesn't feel like football anymore?

• Downvote 3

I'd say he's fucked off at how much milner is getting compared to what he's been offered. Simple

Now, why don't you fuck off you smug cunt and go and post on a city forum?

Oh you don't right because it's boring and it doesn't feel like football anymore?

And how does that equate to Skrtel being offered (or on) 1/4 of Milner's wages (which nobody actually knows for sure anyway)? - Hilarious how you've arrived at such a conclusion.

Your head is bursting with so much shite it's blocking your ears, and coming out of your mouth.

• Upvote 3

And how does that equate to Skrtel being offered (or on) 1/4 of Milner's wages (which nobody actually knows for sure anyway)? - Hilarious how you've arrived at such a conclusion.

Your head is bursting with so much shite it's blocking your ears, and coming out of your mouth.

tell him FC

In the Netherlands it is pretty common for fans to follow their favourite players when they make the move to a big team. Loads of Feyenoord started taking an interest in us when we bought Dirk for example.

Fanchester is a bit like that and will be sticking around for a while.

Sounds like we've offered him probably 1/4 of what milner is getting and he's only one year older

Haha 1/4 of what Milner is earning.

Pretty sure Skrtel has always been in the 70-80k/week range.

Besides, Milner came on a free, and for a player of his abilities, I'll say he would have cost us about £20m.

Haha 1/4 of what Milner is earning.

Pretty sure Skrtel has always been in the 70-80k/week range.

Besides, Milner came on a free, and for a player of his abilities, I'll say he would have cost us about £20m.

If he was available for 20 million we would never be in for him. He is not a first choice, he is a bargain - it's making do on the cheap

If the article is correct, which nobody really knows, why are players openly discussing contract information in the public? Surely contract discussions should be under NDA?

The Brendan Syndrome my friend. There's not to be anymore secrets left regarding transfers, wages, contracts... The manager is leading the way.