You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Of this season's loanees Wisdom was apparently jeered off by the home crowd after an hour of a terrible game against Spurs at the end of January and hasn't played for West Brom since so that particular loan hasn't exactly gone well. Similarly Ilori has had an injury plagued season at Bordeaux, only making 10 appearances and hasn't played since mid-Feb. Both will be 22 in the summer so it may be time to decide whether their futures lie at Anfield or elsewhere.

Alberto has made 13 appearances for Malaga but hasn't played since January so they probably won't be interested in keeping him. I read somewhere that Sevilla are going to exercise their option to buy Aspas though, he's scored 10 in 19 appearances for them.

Coates has spent most of his time at Sunderland injured or on the subs bench, he signed 4 years ago so he can't have that long to go on his contract anyway. Teixeira seems to be doing well at Brighton so we'd probably get a few quid for him in the summer if Rodgers decides he can't use him next season.

Looks like only Origi is likely be part of the squad next season but I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out again, maybe to a premiership club, if we bring in a more established forward in the summer. That might depend on whether we can find someone stupid enough to take Balotelli off our hands.

• Upvote 3

BBN's five step plan for summer 2015:

1) Give Toure and Flanagan (if he stays fit) new deals.

2) Bring Ilori and Origi back from loan.

3) Sell every striker other than Sturridge.

4) Sign whichever decent midfielder Madrid are pushing out the door in their annual mong fest.

5) Buy a forward who can both run about and score.

Sit back and win league.

I think it is more to do with necessity.

he asked for that himself, managing a team is not about overcoming problems you brought on yourself in the first place. It took him half a season to realize he's been wrong. Majority of fans forgot about it, with better transfers and management we could have been in top3 now, the league is so shite.

what You think doesn't matter really, he's a midfielder by nature but I do agree that playing him in defense benefits his development, he'll be massive for us in the future for 2-3 years before fucking off to Madrid

All i said was that he looks better suited on the right of a back 3 than in the middle,

Maybe Flanagan plays that right centre back role?? At least maybe as an option there. He's not got the class of Ibe or Markovic to play right wingback so I can only see him getting games there and to be fair he'd be good on the ball for a centre back

Maybe Flanagan plays that right centre back role?? At least maybe as an option there. He's not got the class of Ibe or Markovic to play right wingback so I can only see him getting games there and to be fair he'd be good on the ball for a centre back

nah, Manquillo might though, used to play that role in the past. Flanagan is a pure fullback, not enough engine to play as wing-back & too suspicious defensively to play as RCB in back 3. Also not sure we'll keep playing 3 at the back next season.

nah, Manquillo might though, used to play that role in the past. Flanagan is a pure fullback, not enough engine to play as wing-back & too suspicious defensively to play as RCB in back 3. Also not sure we'll keep playing 3 at the back next season.

when?

Don't slam me for suggesting but I remember Kaboul used to be pretty decent (strong) for Spurs and he's not getting any chance under Pochettino but he used to play a lot, no?

One of the reasons they are doing well is because he isn't playing. Before the knee injury he was doing well.

when?

Brigant is a keen watcher of Segundo Division B, assume he watched him extensively there as he played (sporadically) over the previous few years. Its that type of attention to detail that sets him apart as a poster.

• Upvote 3

Don't slam me for suggesting but I remember Kaboul used to be pretty decent (strong) for Spurs and he's not getting any chance under Pochettino but he used to play a lot, no?

Just out of interest - what price do you reckon we'd be quoted for Kaboul?

BBN's five step plan for summer 2015:

1) Give Toure and Flanagan (if he stays fit) new deals.

Good shout on Kolo, even if he is fifth choice he should stay imo as he can always be relied on to come in and have a good game after being out for a while and is a good positive influence around the squad.

He can also cover a few positions and doesn't moan when out, our already inexperienced squad will be losing Gerrard and probably Lucas, we need to keep someone like Kolo around.

Good shout on Kolo, even if he is fifth choice he should stay imo as he can always be relied on to come in and have a good game after being out for a while and is a good positive influence around the squad.

He can also cover a few positions and doesn't moan when out, our already inexperienced squad will be losing Gerrard and probably Lucas, we need to keep someone like Kolo around.

spot on. we need to keep experienced players who can do a good job for us, kolo fits that profile. he is a great option off the bench late on and can fill in in any of the back 3 positions in case of injuries and suspensions.  hope lucas stays though.

Vietto would be a great signing. Totally fits the bill.

I'd still like an out and out orthodox defensive midfielder. Wanyama or Schneiderlin would fit the bill.

One who looks a decent prospect is Felipe Anderson from Lazio. Young, Brazilian attacking midfielder. 21 years old. Has weighed in with a few goals for Lazio. Technically gifted. But, not sure if we need another one of those kind of players.

Ahead of the game, me.

Echo is saying that we're interested in Felipe Anderson.

He's boss.