You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring on your Manchester United....Sunday, 14 December 2014.

Nelly-Szoboszlai

More shite from himself:

“The club has employed someone who, without being arrogant, believes he can get the best out of a senior player or a youth player. He will always maximise talents he has and I think last year proved that. This year a new group of players have come in and we have been unfortunate with injuries. The club is in a different place from others but that is something I accept as part of my job here at Liverpool.”

I am me and you are we and we are fucked together.

• Upvote 1

More shite from himself:

I am me and you are we and we are fucked together.

Crikey. He's failing badly when judged against his self-stated attributes. He isn't getting the best out of a single player at the moment, with the possible exception of Lucas, whose best is not good enough anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodgers would be awesome working in a high level corporate job. Just talking shit all day. He was talking bollocks all last season as well but I put up with it cos we were winning and playing electric football. 

I think you need to kind of arrogance and self belief to get were has got to. I still think he can pull it around and I hope he does. Remembering back to the football we were playing last season - he can us playing like that again. 

Would love ten foot of snow to fall over Manchester tomorrow morning to get it called off till way after Christmas....not tonight though as I'm going to see The Who.

I've just spent £100 on trains so I bloody hope not.

Hope The Who gig is good, more chance of you having a good time than I have tomorrow anyway.

I've just spent £100 on trains so I bloody hope not.

Hope The Who gig is good, more chance of you having a good time than I have tomorrow anyway.

They were great at Liverpool the other night Townshend and Daltrey have more go and movement in them than our players at the minute and they're 70.

Needless to say hope it's as good as last season for you...

• Upvote 1

Nobody was complaining about Rodgers' choice of words last season. He'll continue to be pilloried for every single word he says until such time as we start playing well again. It's all part of the dance.

Dunno, he's taken some unfair flack without doubt, but saying noboddy could do a better job than you when you've wasted £120 million quid and your side is a laughing stock is pretty mental.

• Upvote 4

I don't know why so many people place so much credence in what a manager says. What the hell do you want him to say? 'Yeah, the signings have been shite. That Lovren's wank, hence why I've got Kolo back on the slimming pills and in the side.'

It's all bollocks and unless it's not something to the extent of Hodgson's 'I hope my good friend Sir Alex forgives me for taking the job' or any other defeatist crap, I really couldn't give a shite.

Rodgers knows he's fighting for his job. His tenure will be decided by football matches, of which he hasn't won enough of lately, nor do we look like doing so. Focusing on what he says in press conferences is pointless, in my opinion. Almost as pointless as slagging him off for going the X Factor, or having a pop for getting his teeth whitened.

• Upvote 2

I have no real axe to grind with Brendan talking bollocks ( my brother in law is from Belfast & those Norn Iron lads do love to chat ) but the fact that he has removed the word team from the English language & replaced it with 'group' and this is spreading faster than ebola is grinding my gears a bit.

• Upvote 1