You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter coats and jackets

Mike D

I have been instructed by Mrs Remballs that I need to 'shave' my coat. What's she on about and how do I do it?

It's bobbly. You can shave them off; ideally with a bobble-off type shaver, but if not an ordinary electric shaver or even a wet shaver will do. Be very careful with the latter though.

Superdry Aviator Bomber

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/middle-aged-man-was-wearing-non-superdry-clothing-2014040785462

Middle-aged man ‘was wearing non-Superdry clothing’

07-04-14

A 42-YEAR-OLD male was chased by other middle-aged men after attending a barbecue wearing a shirt that was not from Superdry.

“It was like a work shirt or something”

Father-of-one Tom Logan opted to wear a plain button-down shirt instead of a garment bearing the Superdry logo with Japanese characters spelling out the words ‘increasing girth’.

Logan said: “Just because I’m slightly past my prime doesn’t mean I have to wear quasi-youthful clothes with writing on, even if everyone else does.

“I underestimated the fury it would provoke.”

Logan’s work colleague Roy Hobbs said: “At first I was ok with it, although his shirt seemed kind of strange and old-fashioned.

“But as the afternoon wore on I became increasingly angry. Does he not like Superdry or something? Does he think he’s too good for Britain’s top casualwear brand?”

“Maybe I’d have been ok with it if he’d worn a shirt or jumper from Fat Face, White Stuff or O’Neill. But he had to go the attention-seeking ‘plain shirt’ route.”

Onlookers describe the mood towards Logan growing increasingly hostile, until a burger was thrown at his back.

Hobbs said: “That was the trigger for the primal rage. The other, normal, Superdry dads started hooting and lobbing things, first sausages and baps but then large stones.

“We chased him onto the roof of the garage with a vague idea of dragging him down then burning him on the barbecue.

“But then our wives got angry and we had to stop.”

• Upvote 3

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/middle-aged-man-was-wearing-non-superdry-clothing-2014040785462

07-04-14

A 42-YEAR-OLD male was chased by other middle-aged men after attending a barbecue wearing a shirt that was not from Superdry.

Father-of-one Tom Logan opted to wear a plain button-down shirt instead of a garment bearing the Superdry logo with Japanese characters spelling out the words ‘increasing girth’.

Logan said: “Just because I’m slightly past my prime doesn’t mean I have to wear quasi-youthful clothes with writing on, even if everyone else does.

Logan’s work colleague Roy Hobbs said: “At first I was ok with it, although his shirt seemed kind of strange and old-fashioned.

“But as the afternoon wore on I became increasingly angry. Does he not like Superdry or something? Does he think he’s too good for Britain’s top casualwear brand?”

“Maybe I’d have been ok with it if he’d worn a shirt or jumper from Fat Face, White Stuff or O’Neill. But he had to go the attention-seeking ‘plain shirt’ route.”

Onlookers describe the mood towards Logan growing increasingly hostile, until a burger was thrown at his back.

Hobbs said: “That was the trigger for the primal rage. The other, normal, Superdry dads started hooting and lobbing things, first sausages and baps but then large stones.

“We chased him onto the roof of the garage with a vague idea of dragging him down then burning him on the barbecue.

The superdry clothes are horrendous and worn by wools.

07-04-14

Hahaha, exactly what I thought of when I saw them mentioned. It's definitely become the safe clothing for people in their thirties and forties.

After a monumental saga and barney with the useless delivery company (DPD - wankers, avoid), today I finally took delivery of this :

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/regatta-mens-plainfield-3-in-1-jacket-11210177?channel_code=110&id_colour=3524&product_code=96890658&utm_source=google&_$ja=tsid:45886&gclid=CjwKEAiAv7ajBRCIldS7rp7wzFkSJAAA1n4DjVbAPu1HK4zLE31uMtu38XInvhaPvzBjo53mW_rv0BoChdPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Regatta Plainfield 3 in 1 winter coat. Waterproof and breathable, just tried it on and it is toasty and comfy as fuck. Can see us being good mates for many winters to come.

41moP0ik44L._SX342_.jpg

I'm waiting for a coat myself off dpd which was despatched 2 days ago, what was the problem you had?

Oh ! Good luck mate.

I paid an extra surcharge for next day delivery. Nope, didn't happen. Then I've been at work all week so I instructed DPD to "deliver to any neighbour".

But they didn't. 4 times they didn't. It was only after several emails of complaint to the vendor, to DPD themselves, Trustpilot and Twitter accounts that DPD finally got it sorted...and posted the fucker to my next door neighbour !

There's summat badly wrong when a company cannot or does not follow such a simple instruction, pissing customers around and off in the process..

Good luck TD.

I fucking love coats, me. That's all.

I'm a coat fetishist. There, I said it. In my extensive research, I've arrived at the following conclusions:

Proper UK Winter: Tommy Hilfiger Rabbit fur duffle coat. Or:

Late Autumn/ early spring: Barbour Sapper (with layers, applicable for deep winter)

Light spring / summer: Alpha M65 - unlined.

Wetness: Paramo Pajaro -THE best dry/ waterproof coat.

Shell coat: North Face Hyvent.

The Barbour Sapper is a beast and aces the equivalent Fjall Raven G1000.

You will never, ever need a Canada Goose in the UK, It simply doesn't get cold enough to warrant the £600 expense, 

• Upvote 1

I find it hilarious that there are lads in Liverpool as we speak wearing parkas twice as big as someone who regularly skis near the arctic circle.

I've stood outside Anfield in my ridiculously massive parka and still felt chilly while NP has stood next to me in his shirt sleeves. I don't give a fuck though - I'm proudly and defiantly nesh. And besides, if you live in the Arctic, the UK isn't going to feel cold, is it? It's all relative: my Tunisian brother-in-law wears a fucking body warmer in summer now he lives here.

• Upvote 1

Oh ! Good luck mate.

I paid an extra surcharge for next day delivery. Nope, didn't happen. Then I've been at work all week so I instructed DPD to "deliver to any neighbour".

But they didn't. 4 times they didn't. It was only after several emails of complaint to the vendor, to DPD themselves, Trustpilot and Twitter accounts that DPD finally got it sorted...and posted the fucker to my next door neighbour !

There's summat badly wrong when a company cannot or does not follow such a simple instruction, pissing customers around and off in the process..

Good luck TD.

Turned up no problem friday mine, must have just been bad luck on your part mate.

Mate of mine got the North face Mcmurdo a few years back and has hardly ever wore it since due to it being far too warm unless in a blizzard, I've heard the same said about Canada goose. Your better off over here getting a fleece lined coat that you can layer up under rather then some big goose down fucker.

Having the same situation with my parka which is probably as big as Paul's, the only time it's seen action thus far is bonfire night, it's like carrying the sun centre on your back, but with less mancs.

• 1 month later...

I ended up with four winter coats, a Sprayway waterproof, a Tog 24 arctic parka (it's a beast), a nice H&M wool one, and despite them costing about 200-odd between them, I think  the last one I got is the nicest. A Peter Storm one for only 40 notes from Millets. Comfy as hell.

• Upvote 1