You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool's Hidden Gems

Section_31

• 4 months later...

Don’t know how hidden but went to Mr Chilli Chinese on Seel Street yesterday. Impressed.

They’ve got tables with the heated pot area in the middle. Menu has more “English” stuff at the back and a large section double printed in both Chinese and English with some more traditional Chinese dishes. 

Not really hidden but an upcoming event. 

Smithdown Lit Fest. 

With a Brookside reunion. 

https://theguideliverpool.com/a-brookside-family-cast-reunion-is-happening-to-celebrate-its-40th-anniversary/?fbclid=IwAR1riMp1tqCT21K7k09QNM-Ryc7MJEIH3LatUf8w-c5sZmRVER0ggek-Gec

A566C56B-436A-43DB-8FB3-9A3EE12B0533.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Bot said:

This looks like fucking hell on earth. 

I've mentioned it before, but I'm genuinely baffled how they've found a loophole in the Equality Act. Is being a fit young lass really a "genuine occupational requirement" for a waitress slinging chicken and chips? Maybe that fucking awful routine is the loophole, so they can pretend that the "Hooters girls" are entertainers.

12 hours ago, Bot said:

This looks like fucking hell on earth. 

Jesus that’s grim. I went to the one in Bristol years back and they didn’t do all that dancing shit just a normal bar with girls dressed sexy. 

Give me a 50 year old scouse barmaid who is more likely to call me a cunt rather than let me look down her top anyday of the week 

• Upvote 1

I'm up that there Liverpool in December for a long weekend - anywhere new/interesting and good to eat?  Looked at TripAdvisor - I swear 90% of them have never eaten from a plate.

What's the Baltic Triangle/Quarter/Tetrahedron like these days?  Last time I was there it was essentially shut because of Covid.

27 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm up that there Liverpool in December for a long weekend - anywhere new/interesting and good to eat?  Looked at TripAdvisor - I swear 90% of them have never eaten from a plate.

What's the Baltic Triangle/Quarter/Tetrahedron like these days?  Last time I was there it was essentially shut because of Covid.

Greek Taverna on Bold St is outstanding. Mowgli although I assume you've been there? Maray on the Albert Dock is lovely too. Bouchon the French place on the corner of Castle and James St is lovely as well. 

I've only been the Baltic once this year and I don't think it's any good to be honest. Over-priced for what it is. Especially Punch Tarmeys. The Chinese restaurant there (Lu Ban) is gorgeous. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Greek Taverna on Bold St is outstanding. Mowgli although I assume you've been there? Maray on the Albert Dock is lovely too. Bouchon the French place on the corner of Castle and James St is lovely as well. 

I've only been the Baltic once this year and I don't think it's any good to be honest. Over-priced for what it is. Especially Punch Tarmeys. The Chinese restaurant there (Lu Ban) is gorgeous. 

cheers mate - I might give Lu Ban a go, I normally go basic and go to Ma Bo in Chinatown.   Haven't tried Bouchon either - might give that a go.  I'll let you know when we're up see if we can manage a creme de menthe

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

cheers mate - I might give Lu Ban a go, I normally go basic and go to Ma Bo in Chinatown.   Haven't tried Bouchon either - might give that a go.  I'll let you know when we're up see if we can manage a creme de menthe

Both really nice 

Yes mate let us know

• 5 months later...

Is there anywhere in Liverpool to get a really, really good kebab? I had a lamb shawarma naan from Babylon in Oxford Road, Manchester last week and it was magnificent - and it made me realise that I've never had a takeaway kebab that's anything above mediocre in Liverpool.