You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I mentioned this yesterday, but his ability to  Josemi his way into every single photo and video is outstanding.

Still at it today. Just seen what I thought was a boss photo of our Brazilians celebrating, but hang on a minute, who is that on the end...oh.

4583B311-0FDF-40C6-9653-319F396E4620.jpeg

Exactly what I said somewhere. He was at the front of everything!

8 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I think it was fair enough in the circumstances.

But reckon he'd have been doing it regardless, the tart...

How is that?

Tragic as it was Reyes has nothing to do with LFC -- Bert is the only player not wearing his jersey in any picture.

Fair enough might have been to take a few without the jersey after the celebrations. That said he hasn't worn it much lately and will never again wear it. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

How is that?

Tragic as it was Reyes has nothing to do with LFC -- Bert is the only player not wearing his jersey in any picture.

Fair enough might have been to take a few without the jersey after the celebrations. That said he hasn't worn it much lately and will never again wear it. 

He was a friend and team mate of Reyes. "Playing" in Spain in the day of his death. I refuse to take offence at that.

But I'm delighted to see Moreno leave for independent reasons...

He’s as much a part of the team as anyone else. Don’t like this being shitty about the lads who didn’t play celebrating. Was anyone complaining when ox was jumping around like a madman in the changing rooms? Or Brewster, with zero appearances for Liverpool, lifting the European cup?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moof said:

He’s as much a part of the team as anyone else. Don’t like this being shitty about the lads who didn’t play celebrating. Was anyone complaining when ox was jumping around like a madman in the changing rooms? Or Brewster, with zero appearances for Liverpool, lifting the European cup?

They were all wearing their jerseys - like every other member of the team

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

They were all wearing their jerseys - like every other member of the team

So the problem is he was paying tribute to a former teammate who tragically died on that same day? Alright then

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, moof said:

Chamberlain was a key part of this journey. He didn’t play this year, but without Oxlade there is no Kiev, and experiences in Kiev paved the way to Madrid

Moreno, on the other hand, is a living booby trap  who had the potential to set fire to the great work the club has been doing whenever he was on the pitch. No doubt he’s a wonderful airhead and plays the court jester role well off the pitch but his departure is long over due.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

P190601-539-Liverpool_v_Tottenham_Hotspu

Would have looked cooler if he had used the jersey as a bandanna

That photo loses some of it's impact - all the outfield players together in the club shirts celebrating their greatest moment. Except him. Only a small thing, but still a thing. IMO anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That photo loses some of it's impact - all the outfield players together in the club shirts celebrating their greatest moment. Except him. Only a small thing, but still a thing. IMO anyway. 

That was my only point mate -- in a team full of consummate professionals it is the ultimate look at me moment.

He is literally standing directly in front of the two time Golden Boot winner in what will be an iconic photo for the generations.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That was my only point mate -- in a team full of consummate professionals it is the ultimate look at me moment.

He is literally standing directly in front of the two time Golden Boot winner in what will be an iconic photo for the generations.

Oh aye yeah I agree - our most famous player blocked out of the photo by serial malingerers Moreno and Sturridge. 

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The one cousin I think did not die - just the 23 year old kid.

I think they were both his cousins. One died on impact, the other got out but died in hospital. 60% of his body had 1st degree burns. 

• Upvote 1