You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Let the hysteria start...

Personally, I've resigned myself to us finishing 2nd/3rd. However, a little part of me is just praying we can nick it on the last day. As has been mentioned, City look vulnerable and two seasons ago when they won it, they were 30 seconds away from bottling it. Who's to say the same won't happen this year but Aguero or whoever misses that chance this time. I realise the start of my post completely contradicts the rest so maybe I'm still clinging on a bit.

Beat Palace. That's all we should be concentrating on. Pellegrini has yet to win a major title so this isn't over by a long chalk. And anyone who opens a thread with shit like this should be negged into next year. In fact even if he/she comes up with a solution to all the world's problems they should be double negged. The twonk!

Beat Palace. That's all we should be concentrating on. Pellegrini has yet to win a major title so this isn't over by a long chalk. And anyone who opens a thread with shit like this should be negged into next year. In fact even if he/she comes up with a solution to all the world's problems they should be double negged. The twonk!

That is all ye know on Earth and all ye need to know.

I'm still chuffed at this season though. Disappointing if we don't win it, but CL football is boss. Glad we're back in.

Look at poor Tranmere today. Bristol Rovers etc. we don't know we're born, as Liverpool fans. We see, and invest in emotionally, things which other teams fans can only dream of.

I'm chuffed. Will be even more when we win the league again. Be it this season, or next, or the one after.

Upwards curve, y'all.

• Upvote 1

West Ham have nothing to play for.

We've had a great season. Played some top footy, and some shit footy too. Scored goals, and conceded goals. We'll finish where we finish - which is probably 2nd or 3rd. Great acheivement that, and champs footy next season. Well done lads.

Just not quite good enough to win it, yet. However, next year is our year for sure.

It's not over yet. I'm not going to pretend that I would bet on us winning it, but City have their two best players injured and are up against teams whose managers who are fighting to keep their jobs. All we can do is win our games and hope for a miracle.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we are favourites but no way should we be giving up all hope.

Three of City's most influential players - Aguero, Toure and Silva - appear to be struggling for full fitness. If they think it is all over after yesterday it may yet work in our favour.

Villa and West Ham are both safe so have no pressure on them. They may just turn up in their beachwear. Or they may turn up with some professional pride, without any real stress and play well.

I think City are more than capable of bottling it (but I wouldn't put money on it) so we have to keep going just in case.

We just need to focus on Monday night - get three points and improve our goal difference as much as we can.

Whatever happens I can't believe that anyone on here would not have snatched your hand off if they were offered this position on the first day of the season. Whatever happens in the next two games cannot distract from the fact that this season has been a hugely positive one. The team have made us dream and believe again.