You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Someone needs to hand out a DVD of the 5-1 drubbing. Arsene won't change his ways and I can only see further bummings like that next season. But to be fair we need to show some steel next season too, our 2nd place has to be cemented and not pissed up the wall like other seasons.

I think we can do well because we have the squad for it now. Mainly due to younger players like Hendo, Sterling, Coutinho, Allen, Sturridge, and so on. Hope Kelly is back next season as well. (yes I know he's made of glass, etc.) Can't wait until it starts and this transfer shite is over. Still think it should be confined to one month over the summer, it's completely over the top and stupid.

Sanchez is good don't get me wrong but he's not to be mentioned in same breath as Luis.

I'll happily mention him in the same breath as Luis. I know he's not as good at scoring goals, and not as strong, but when it comes to skill, passing ability, awareness, I will do. Because he's still, although not as good as Luis, one of the best around in those departments. If we can sign him I'm as confident as I was about when Luis joined us that we're going to be really, really glad we've got him.

It's not about goals so much with Sanchez, and this is one of the main points I have. It's the other things he does, and he should be perfect if he can click with Sturridge for a start. If we sign him and Sturridge can start to read mostly when and where he's going to pass, (nobody can know how Sanchez is going to do this all of the time, because he sees things that most others don't.) well I don't really have words for how good that could be.

I'm not deluded into thinking he's as good overall, but he's still one of the best players around to me, and we'll have pulled off something fucking amazing if we eventually sign him.

• Upvote 3

Another good thing about Sanchez is that he doesn't get banned for 10 games a season or bite people.

Suarez is a genius with the ball at his feet but he's also a stupid, selfish cunt

Not even sure that he's that selfish or stupid to be honest, I think he may just be a bit mental for the most part. If I thought he was selfish I'd really struggle to like him, but I still like him a lot.

Not even sure that he's that selfish or stupid to be honest, I think he may just be a bit mental for the most part. If I thought he was selfish I'd really struggle to like him, but I still like him a lot.

What about his antics last summer trying to move to the Arse? Or his absurd denials of biting the Italian.

Smacks of stupidity and selfishness to me but yeah, i agree, he's a bit mental too

• Upvote 2

What about his antics last summer trying to move to the Arse? Or his absurd denials of biting the Italian.

Smacks of stupidity and selfishness to me but yeah, i agree, he's a bit mental too

Good points, I think it mostly stems from him being a bit mad though. I don't even mean mental/mad in a negative way too, I think those issues are a lot more widespread in the real world than people like to admit. I just hope he can sort his issues out elsewhere because I doubt he can stay in the PL and do it if he wants to go to Spain so much.

If he loved Liverpool FC so much it was kind of in his bones and wanted to stay, I'd totally support him, but it clearly isn't the case.

By the way, I'm not saying don't add elsewhere that would be madness but Suarez' influence is so clear to see he actually scares opponents "beaten in the tunnel" to use a cliché. He also intimidates referees, he's relentless and unapologetic in his appeals and remonstrations if he doesn't get a decision he's very quick to remind the ref, so I plays on their minds.

• Upvote 1

I know I'm pessimistic but I just don't don't see us getting Sanchez. I don't think I've I've seen us sign a player of his calibre or standing in world football in my life time. We usually get this sort of player when they're just potential, we help them grow, then they fuck off to Spain once they reach this level. Maybe Torres but I don't think he was rated as highly as Sanchez is right now.

If we do though, it says a lot about the direction we're going and Brendan Rodgers. I fucking hope we do.

Someone needs to point out to these tanned cunts that London is expensive, crowded, full of Australians, and that shopping on Bond Street or Oxford Street loses it's appeal after 8 minutes.

I do wonder how poor our sales patter is in terms of selling Liverpool life to foreign players.

Only tourists shop on Bond street and Oxford street.  Anyway, the London that these lads can afford to live in is fantastic.  Not many of us could do it (I certainly couldn't anyway), but it's like Liverpool x 1000 in every sense.  

I do think however that we need to be marketing our club and how important it is to the area much better than we do.  There are some players who are not entirely motivated by money, and will see the romance in joining a grand old club like ours.  

• Upvote 2

Only tourists shop on Bond street and Oxford street.  Anyway, the London that these lads can afford to live in is fantastic.  Not many of us could do it (I certainly couldn't anyway), but it's like Liverpool x 1000 in every sense.  

I do think however that we need to be marketing our club and how important it is to the area much better than we do.  There are some players who are not entirely motivated by money, and will see the romance in joining a grand old club like ours.  

As far as i can work out most of the London players seem to live in Surrey or Hertfordshire near their training grounds which seems a bit of a waste to me.

Nice enough, i guess, but nothing special

As far as i can work out most of the London players seem to live in Surrey or Hertfordshire near their training grounds which seems a bit of a waste to me.

Nice enough, i guess, but nothing special

It's what's on your doorstep that's the attraction when you live in Herts or Surrey.

It's hard to fault the club for selling Luis this summer, once we get anything approaching 70 million. We can argue all we like about it not being enough (personally before this incident I would have said we could have got 100-110 million) but the club will know that Luis is going to be coming back to a country that despises him and a football association that is desperate to drive him out of the country. They are fucking desperate to give him a year long ban and it's odds on that Luis will do something mad next year if he stays. I love the lad, but Pope Fancis is more likely to join Al Queda than our Luis is to go a season without doing something mental. I also agree with Jocky that there is a very strong likelihood that he will bite again.

The other elephant in the room is that while I have no doubt that he loves the club and cares about the team, he wants to go. I don't consider him a mercenary in any way like Torres was, but he is still a fella that clearly wants out.His wife means the world to him and her family who seem to have helped him when he was a young lad, live in Barcelona. I can see why he would want to leave, especially now with him knowing more than ever the kind of shit he'd be coming back to. I just hope that while he wants to go, he doesn't do a Tevez on us and stay in Uruguay come the end of October, if we play hard ball and refuse to sell. I personally don't think he would, but you just never know.

I really will feel devestated if he goes and Liverpool won't be in any way a winner no matter what. It's next to impossible to replace Luis, but if we can get in Sanchez and 1/2 players of great potential, then it is better than having a player one mistake away from a huge ban.

• Upvote 1

It's what's on your doorstep that's the attraction when you live in Herts or Surrey.

Yeah, obviously.

How long to get into the city, though? 40 minutes, maybe an hour. Most will only go in every now and then for shopping or a big night out

You could fly down to London in less than an hour or the train takes just over 2 hours from Lime St,

I think the London thing is maybe over hyped a little and it's easy to get to from Liverpool

Yeah, obviously.

How long to get into the city, though? 40 minutes, maybe an hour. Most will only go in every now and then for shopping or a big night out

You could fly down to London in less than an hour or the train takes just over 2 hours from Lime St,

I think the London thing is maybe over hyped a little and it's easy to get to from Liverpool

How do you get back to Liverpool after a night on the piss in London?