You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Big Bananarama fan then?

In all seriousness, what tv package have you got, do you have catch up?

Unfortunately since the law change with licences I am not permitted to watch content on iPlayer as I never watch TV as is broadcast. So I can not watch any BBC content at all.

Bit of a problem seeing as Graham Norton is contracted to the BBC!

How much is a licence these days?

Unfortunately since the law change with licences I am not permitted to watch content on iPlayer as I never watch TV as is broadcast. So I can not watch any BBC content at all.

I pay £12.99 a month.

Can't you just use a VPN and pay nowt ?

Can't you just use a VPN and pay nowt ?

I'm not sure it works from behind a VPN as I believe iPlayer works on allowing your registered IP address allowing content to be played so your licence becomes your online registration fee. I might be wrong on this but I have tried and it doesn't work - maybe I should try using from a non-UK VPN connection...

Tried that Star Trek Discovery but hate the way they've given women the lead roles and wrote the same tired stereotypical scripts for them and surrounded them with pretty boys and girls with the odd alien thrown in. All too familiar fare. Saying that though,the Klingons are the best thing about it.

This. Exactly this.

But the opposite.

I tried Star Trek Discovery; I loved the way they've given women the lead roles. They've written the main character very well, as a Human raised by Vulcans. She's complex, has internal strife over whether to do the right thing logically or follow the rules of Star Fleet. Shame about the Klingons being a bit shit though. Their armour and stuff is good, the face/skin is a bit wank. I watched episode 3, which was one of the best new episodes of TV I've seen this year. The main male character - played by Jason Isaacs - is mysterious, and willing to do almost whatever it takes to win the war with the Klingons. You've no real idea if he's good or bad yet. Possibly a bit of both. A far shot from the familiar fare you're given with older stuff.

This. Exactly this.

But the opposite.

I tried Star Trek Discovery; I loved the way they've given women the lead roles. They've written the main character very well, as a Human raised by Vulcans. She's complex, has internal strife over whether to do the right thing logically or follow the rules of Star Fleet. Shame about the Klingons being a bit shit though. Their armour and stuff is good, the face/skin is a bit want. I watched episode 3, which was one of the best new episodes of TV I've seen this year. The main male character - played by Jason Isaacs - is mysterious, and willing to do almost whatever it takes to win the war with the Klingons. You've no real idea if he's good or bad yet. Possibly a bit of both. A far shot from the familiar fare you're given with older stuff.

Its just the same crap but with pretty woman,and pretty men. Style over substance and nothing new for me.

Its just the same crap but with pretty woman,and pretty men. Style over substance and nothing new for me.

To each his own. The Orville might be more up your street. I don't think in the almost decade that I've been here I've ever once agreed with you on a TV show or Movie, so there's no reason for us to start now!

To each his own. The Orville might be more up your street. I don't think in the almost decade that I've been here I've ever once agreed with you on a TV show or Movie, so there's no reason for us to start now!

If you are the former NV,I did like Kingdom,a lot by its end, but it took quite a while to get going. I am not into Sci-fi but do tip my hat to the superior stuff but I find Star Trek franchises a bit too formulaic and the characters raise the standard. Picard will forever be the Pinnacle of the franchise characters. For the record I also thought Babylon 5 was good in its time but a bit dated now.

Sci Fi is very subjective,I suppose.

Guest Pistonbroke

Peaky Blinders done and dusted. 8/10 overall. Series 2 was certainly a (9.5/10) It certainly picked up in series 2 (which IMO was the best series so far). Series 3 was good but reverted back to dragging parts of the main plot on for too long. That wedding shite in episode 1 being the main culprit. Still looking forward to series 4 though, some strong characters both good and bad. Rumours are that it should be airing at the back end of this month or beginning of November.  

Started watching Taboo. 8/10 so far, 2 episodes watched. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm looking forward to watching Taboo. Same type of 'feel' as Peaky Blinders?

Kind of, a lot darker though. Set 100 years earlier when the war between  the UK and America was coming to an end. It's also slow running but well written. On Amazon Prime if you have that. 

Well into series five of Suits. That show is absolutely ace. The humor and the intrigues is really well written, with references to alot of other movies and series.

9.3/10

Also started on Peaky blinders by recommendation on here, only three episodes in, and it is shaping up to be good.