You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I watched the pilot. The most positive thing I can say about it is episode 2 must be better. 

Am I getting this show mixed up, this is the one about someone playing chess? 

Yes, that’s the one. The chess scenes are brilliant but there’s more to it than that. Maybe it’s not your thing but I loved it. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm struggling to understand what it's about. I saw a trailer which was some bird playing chess. 

It’s certainly about a bird playing chess, a fit one as well. There’s more to it than that though. I’d say it’s also about; triumph over adversity, dealing with addiction, sex discrimination, unconventional parenting, child prodigies and the pursuit of excellence. 

• Upvote 1

So just finished season 2 of Succession and I remain massively underwhelmed.

SPOILER ***

Really pleased Kendall stuck it to his dad though, what I fucking totally repugnant character Logan is, one without any redeeming qualities at all.

The same is true of nearly every character in the show, it moves at a snail's pace and very little seems to happen.

5/10 imo. Massively overrated.

Someone mentioned that 24 hrs in custody which was good though I only saw last night's, imagine sitting in the station cell knowing you're bound to get over 10 years. 

By watching that I missed the first half of Berlin 1945, 2nd episode tonight, again can you imagine living in the carnage of Berlin in the aftermath of the war, horrifying. 

It's very good. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the 2nd episode of Berlin 1945 last night, dreadful scenes and conditions plus great footage. 

And there's me whinging about pubs not being open. 

Thank fuck there's been photographers whether Pro or amateur, over the years to have had the presence of mind to record what they see, good times or bad, so that we can see. 

Lost films of World War 2 was good too. 

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Has anyone watched the Oscar Pistorius thing on BBC2? I read a review in the guardian saying its mainly about him and growing up etc. I cant be arsed with all that. I want the murder investigation and all that 'ma'am shit in court. 

It was a bit disappointing, it was on the other night, it ended with him being baled, unless there's a 2nd part. 

There was no showing of him being questioned in court, just pictures of the crying cunt and interviews with family of both sides, as far as i can remember. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

It was a bit disappointing, it was on the other night, it ended with him being baled, unless there's a 2nd part. 

There was no showing of him being questioned in court, just pictures of the crying cunt and interviews with family of both sides, as far as i can remember. 

Sod that then. I'll watch the Devil Next Door again for my 'murdering bastard in a court-room' fix. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2020 at 16:14, easytoslip said:

Someone mentioned that 24 hrs in custody which was good though I only saw last night's, imagine sitting in the station cell knowing you're bound to get over 10 years. 

By watching that I missed the first half of Berlin 1945, 2nd episode tonight, again can you imagine living in the carnage of Berlin in the aftermath of the war, horrifying. 

It's very good. 

I'm off work tomorrow and Berlin is on my watch list.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rb14 said:

Queen's Gambit. Just watched the first episode. Fab. Love it. Been in tears twice. Conversely. although it's early days, there's something a little tacky (predictable, maybe?) about it, but I'm ignoring that as everything else is really well done.

I watched the first episode last night and agree, it's really good so I'm looking forward to watching more, but in tears twice? Not sure about that like.

On 10/11/2020 at 16:14, easytoslip said:

It's very good. 

Was just going to post about that Berlin 1945. I've watched the first two episodes. Very good. But very haunting too. The Nazis were cunts. But, some of the shit that the Red Army did when they entered Berlin was abhorrent too. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Was just going to post about that Berlin 1945. I've watched the first two episodes. Very good. But very haunting too. The Nazis were cunts. But, some of the shit that the Red Army did when they entered Berlin was abhorrent too. 

Whats this on mate?