You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched the 1st episode last night mate, it was like they'd dumped the cast of TOWIE in there, just clueless, every single one of them.

I won't be watching any more.

Haha, fair enough.

Some of them are pretty annoying I must admit.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Haha, fair enough.

Some of them are pretty annoying I must admit.

I really enjoy Alone and I've watched all the US / Canadian and Aussie ones and they all have seasoned and serious (if often useless) survivalists in there.

This UK one is filled with Botox filled perma-tanned celeb wannabes who wouldn't know a grizzly bear from a weasel.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I really enjoy Alone and I've watched all the US / Canadian and Aussie ones and they all have seasoned and serious (if often useless) survivalists in there.

This UK one is filled with Botox filled perma-tanned celeb wannabes who wouldn't know a grizzly bear from a weasel.

Was looking forward to seeing a big more of the manc ex junkie, until he nearly chopped himself in half. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Could have been a great show if they'd have chosen the right type of candidates but alas, they've fucked it up for the very reason you said.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Finished Atlanta, took me about a year.

7.5 /10.

I reckon when I watch it again it will be 9/10. I treated it as an casual easy watch but it's way beyond that, some of the episodes are incredible. 

I couldn't get through the last series. I thought it was very poor after a few episodes.

Good Omens 2 - 8/10. Not as good as the first season but still better than most stuff on TV.  Makes me want to visit Edinburgh again.

Only Murders in the Building season 3 - 9.50/10.  Pretty much TV perfection. 

• Upvote 1

Disney+ has apparently lost over 11 million subscribers over the last quarter. Not really surprising as there's very little on there compared to other services, and what there is looks really stale (or utter dogshit like She Hulk). Most of the drop seems to be due to losing IPL right, and I'm sure the upcoming price rise will sort that out...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzgerald/2023/08/09/new-record-for-disney-sheds-117-million-subscribers-password-crackdown-coming/

Shadow of Truth. 

It’s on iPlayer. True crime documentary about a young Israeli girl who is brutally murdered in the toilet cubicles at the school she attends. They arrest a bloke and charge him with the murder, although all the signs appear to show that it was very unlikely to be him. 

Then there’s twists. And turns. And, as I’m only 3 episodes out of 5 in to it, I imagine that there might be a few more twists and turns. 

Very good. 

8 out of 10. The accused’s original attorney is a very watchable, flamboyant character. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Good Omens 2 - 8/10. Not as good as the first season but still better than most stuff on TV.  Makes me want to visit Edinburgh again.

Only Murders in the Building season 3 - 9.50/10.  Pretty much TV perfection. 

There's only 2 episodes out?

Are you a time traveller or psychic?

Just watched the first episode of 'How to with John Wilson'. Bit of a Louis Theroux/Sacha Baron Cohen mash up of talking to different people in different situations, whilst he's in character. Really enjoyed the first one, funny in places but also quite heartwarming, especially the lad at the end of episode, who appeared to be a nice lad trying too hard to fit in with the spring break crowd.

On 20/07/2023 at 12:44, Section_31 said:

Have you seen Project Blue Book? My uncle said it's boss, might give it a watch. 

It's pretty good..I don't think it's fringe or x files levels though. Shame they canned it when they stopped doing drama type shows and nobody picked it up. 

On 26/07/2023 at 17:43, Arniepie said:

barry..

season 1 brilliant

season 2 less so

season 3..lost me (especially the point where his character just changed completely)

season 4 awful

hank was brilliant in it but even he had become a different character in the end.

and what the fuck was that epiosde with the demon girl?

That's how I felt when I watched it 1st time. I went back to it recently, I'm on season 3 now and loving it. 

On 31/07/2023 at 13:03, skend04 said:

Evil S1 - S3

What starts as a procedural horror turns into an even better show as it progresses. Definitely under the radar here, mainly as it's on Alibi and not a more prominent channel.

Evil is great. And continues to improve. And I think I read the latest season managed to complete production before the strikes. So hopefully we'll get that soon. 

I've binge watched Painkiller on Netflix this weekend. It's the same story but through a slightly different lense of the opioid pandemic and the Perdue stuff as Dopestick. I don't think it's at that level as a show in any aspect, story, production quality and acting (despite some big names). But it was still very watchable. And the opening part of each show could be tough viewing where they take someone who's lost family to the opioid problem and have them say the "this show is based on true events, but some parts are fictionised for dramatic purposes". Weirdly, it's maybe the best part of the show. 6.5-7/10.