You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

I was chatting to a commercial airline pilot last night and his qualified opinion is that he hasn't got a fucking clue what's going on!

He thinks there is more going on than has been released via the media - for example, the area that they are focussing the search on is not on the flight path, but he is still baffled as to why not one tiny piece of wreckage has been found.

The Air France flight that people keep referencing occurred in horrific weather conditions, but it put out a May Day call and wreckage was found with hours.

He also said the chances of it having been hijacked and landed elsewhere are zero.

Is that official ? I thought the Air France crash was similar in that they had no idea it's gone down until it didn't make it's destination.

Don't the black boxes give out a signal in the event of a crash ?

Vanishing Planes: Missing Malaysian Airlines flight draws comparisons to Air France disaster

CTV News
Published Monday, March 10, 2014 8:53PM EDT
Last Updated Monday, March 10, 2014 9:19PM EDT

Aviation experts can recall only one major incident similar to the mysterious disappearance of a Malaysian Airlines jetliner over the weekend.

Air France Flight 447 was flying over a large body of deep water when it suddenly went missing in 2009. Search-and-rescue operations found debris and some of the bodies in the weeks following the crash, but it took almost two years to find the main wreckage and the black boxes, deep in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

The final report into the disaster, which killed all 288 people on board, said the flight from Brazil to Paris was doomed by a combination of ice buildup, mechanical failure and pilot error. The plane had run into bad thunderstorms and stalled, and the pilots were insufficiently trained to fly manually during a high-altitude stall.

According to the 2009 report, the pilots were "completely surprised" by the technical problems, and appeared unaware they were going to crash until the final few seconds.

SIMILARITIES

Timing: The planes vanished from radar and were still missing three days after disappearance.

Circumstances: Both planes went missing over large bodies of water

Cruising Altitude: Both planes were at a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet, where aviation experts have said that catastrophic accidents are rare.

Planes: Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777-200 and Air France Airbus A330 have good safety records.

Warnings: No emergency signals or distress messages were received, indicating a catastrophic failure during flight.

DIFFERENCES

Weather: No storms were reported in flight MH370’s path on Saturday.

Location: The Air France jet crashed farther away from land. The Malaysian Airlines jet appears to have disappeared closer to land.

Warning: Radar indicates the Malaysian Airlines flight may have turned back from its scheduled route to Beijing before disappearing. That indicates the crew had an indication of trouble.

Other theories: The news that some of the Kuala Lumpur-to-Beijing passengers were travelling on false passports has raised the suspicion of terrorism. Investigators are also looking at the possibility that the plane disintegrated in mid-flight.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/vanishing-planes-missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-draws-comparisons-to-air-france-disaster-1.1723262

447 didn't get to send a manual SOS if I remember rightly - the data continued to record and monitored the bad weather etc until the moment of the crash. The Malaysia Airlines flight has basically been switched off and has totally vanished.

Very, very weird.

kamikazeSurrenderCanvas.jpg

from that article......

Meanwhile, 20 passengers on the missing plane are world-class electronic geeks for a major Defense contracting company that specializing in such things as weapons that disappear planes and ships for the battlefield.

They are employed by a company designing and manufacturing cutting edge electronic weaponry for the Department of Defense. Such weaponry includes those making it possible to vanish planes off the radar, as Deborah Dupré reported this weekend in the article,

...dont ya just love the internet!!!

Did anyone see the reconstruction on Sky News last night.  Some "expert" pilot used a simulator to re-enact the flight and put forward a theory that there was a loss of cabin pressure that would have knocked out the pilots in seconds but not before they reset the auto pilot for a different course. They then would have flown hundreds of miles in whatever direction until the autopilot was set until it ran out of fuel.

.......but did the guy really need to pretend he was knocked out and slump over in his seat?...You stay classy Sky News!

A flight last year lost most of it's roof and they still managed to land it with only a couple of casualties. I think a lot of these theories are people wanting to believe that the world is flat. 

I'm going for it's landed safely somewhere and is being cloaked. I don't know where or why, but it's about the only possible scenario left!

A flight last year lost most of it's roof and they still managed to land it with only a couple of casualties. I think a lot of these theories are people wanting to believe that the world is flat. 

I'm going for it's landed safely somewhere and is being cloaked. I don't know where or why, but it's about the only possible scenario left!

I reckon its somewhere in the Neutral Zone. Good news is it can't fire while being cloaked.

Reddit is rife with commenters fixated on the numerical coincidences of the flight’s disappearance. “Interesting numerology,” said one Reddit user, RedditB. “Flight 370 disappears on 3/7 while reportedly traveling 3,700 km. Flight 370 flew at an altitude of 37,000 feet when it was last reported using flight tracking software. Luigi Maraldi, age 37, was one of the individuals whose passport was stolen. Malaysia Airlines is one of Asia’s largest, flying nearly 37,000 passengers daily. As of today, we are beginning the 37th month since the Fukushima tragedy, which is located on the 37th degree and initially caused 37 injuries at the plant.”

I think this means we are going to win the league?

• Upvote 2