You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

Sad to say I have very little hope of pulling this back. Looks like a carbon copy of the city match so far: go one up, shit ourselves, concede twice and never look like scoring for the rest of the game.

So the opposite of the City game when we had enough chances to bury them before and after they scored

After getting the first goal we just sat back. I can't believe they're playing such a high line, either, getting by because they are pressing the hell out of us and winning every second ball.

They're doing us like we did spuds. Suarez needs some help out there.

Damn. Being pressed out of the game, Suarez is so isolated up front up against at least 3 blue shirts from all side.

Not sure the kick from Eto'o affected Henderson's performance. But for god sake, that is a yellow card at the very least.

Sad to say I have very little hope of pulling this back. Looks like a carbon copy of the city match so far: go one up, shit ourselves, concede twice and never look like scoring for the rest of the game.

Which City game are you on about? We played well in that game, the polar opposite of the shite we've just seen.

• Upvote 4

Swap Coutinho and Henderson. We'll then be able to keep the ball better ahead of the middle third. Henderson then gives Agger more protection down the left. They only have 2 in the middle so we match them and give Luiz something different to think about. 

• Upvote 1

I just to fuck's sake we come out and go for it full throttle, even if means throwing kids out there. We've all to win here and not much left to lose.

I can't think of one game this season where we came out better in the second half. This better be the first.

The last two games are exposing the worst of Mignolet; seems like he's lost some confidence. But overall we're poor,  which is only a reflection of our real strength though. We've mightily overachieved thus far and that can't last you the entire season. The bright spot for Rodgers is we're at the right time to strengthen the team and Sturridge is coming back soon. Not the end of the world if we lose this game.

Chelsea are our worst nightmare, fucking awful to play against, typical Mourinho side and it's no surprise they got ugly draws at Arsenal and United. They don't half get some decisions going in their favour, the Eto one aside the one that made my piss boil is the one where that pube headed cunt Sideshow Bob got that 'foul' against Suarez.

Their big strong defenders dwarf our front line and are bullying them out of it.

Not entirely sure what we can do here as we have nothing on the bench.

The last two games are exposing the worst of Mignolet; seems like he's lost some confidence. But overall we're poor,  which is only a reflection of our real strength though. We've mightily overachieved thus far and that can't last you the entire season. The bright spot for Rodgers is we're at the right time to strengthen the team and Sturridge is coming back soon. Not the end of the world if we lose this game.

How have we over achieved, we've achieved fuck all so far. We show that were a capable team but with too many frailties to be considered a cert for top 4.