You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just watched the first half of round 1 before steam stopped. Looks to me like Ronda fell in love with her hands. She was never going to win a stand up fight with Holm. Holm looks fucking massive in that stream,really broad round the shoulders. The difference from what i saw was purely Holms footwork,she is constantly out of range by a couple of inches and moving in getting her shots off and out before Rousey an respond.

Is the whole card worth watching or just watch from Silva-Hunt onwards?

Rouseys stand up is amateurish at best. Holm never even looked bothered by her. Night and day in the skill set.

I said it to my missus after watching the weigh in that rousey didn't look right. She clearly had trouble making the weight. For what reason I don't know. Too much media work perhaps, or just believed she could Rag doll Holm like ask the other novices she's been beating up.

Her last opponent, the Brazilian is only training 5 years, so she was a novice.

The difference with Holm is she's been a boxer all her life. Rousey, no matter how much she trains, could never be on holms level regards the stand up.

I'm chuffed to bits she lost. Petulant little bitch, you could guarantee that had she won, she wouldn't have even acknowledged Holm.

You lots of grapplers fall in love with there hands when they get a few knockouts. Look at the likes of Hector Lombard and Jacare both now love to stand up and bang over grappling. Jacare is one of the top 5 grapplers in the world and beat Roger Gracie with a broken arm yet he stands with opponents these days. I think the same thing happened there last night.

The rematch could be very interesting. One thing though Meisha Tate should keep her mouth shut instead of talking shit online.

"You got beat bitch" its all a bit E***ton esque that. She beat you twice and broke your arm. Your not in a position to talk shit

Just watched the first half of round 1 before steam stopped. Looks to me like Ronda fell in love with her hands. She was never going to win a stand up fight with Holm. Holm looks fucking massive in that stream,really broad round the shoulders. The difference from what i saw was purely Holms footwork,she is constantly out of range by a couple of inches and moving in getting her shots off and out before Rousey an respond.

Is the whole card worth watching or just watch from Silva-Hunt onwards?

Didn't see any of it mate till this morning so have  no idea. 

Full fight here. Quality isn't great. She just dismantled Rousey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ySjI9BtafU

The fight was over when that punch landed at 4.04. Look at the explosiveness of that shot. There's just no way to read that. It's perfect technique. The feet and body move in perfect sequence, the feet don't step first (and give the intention away) and the arm doesn't follow, everything moves in unison like a coiled spring. She even slips to the outside of Ronda's lazy jab so there's no possibility of Ronda firing back with her own right hand.

• Upvote 2

They looked to be in different weight categories, with Holm looking much bigger. Didn't look as if Rousey had trained properly either as she was puffing & blowing early in the 1st round. She does seem a horrible piece of work though & I noticed the deliberate not touching of gloves at the start, so what goes around comes around.

bollocks! how did you work that out? because she acted the way she has in every weigh in? She had started to believe the hype. Interesting to see if she will come back, she should but looked fat in that fight

Nah mate, I watched the weigh ins with some fighters we sponsor and they said she sounded too nervous with that speech after they shaped up. She didn't look like she believed the hype at all.

I just don't think she was prepared for this type of fight and she knew it. She didn't have great conditioning either as you saw and everything got through and hurt her.

I still thought Rousey would submit her, so I was wrong. But my boys called it right. They backed Holm to win.

Rouseys stand up is amateurish at best. Holm never even looked bothered by her. Night and day in the skill set. I said it to my missus after watching the weigh in that rousey didn't look right. She clearly had trouble making the weight. For what reason I don't know. Too much media work perhaps, or just believed she could Rag doll Holm like ask the other novices she's been beating up. Her last opponent, the Brazilian is only training 5 years, so she was a novice. The difference with Holm is she's been a boxer all her life. Rousey, no matter how much she trains, could never be on holms level regards the stand up. I'm chuffed to bits she lost. Petulant little bitch, you could guarantee that had she won, she wouldn't have even acknowledged Holm.

Spot on Chrisie I'am not into this sport but her constant banter with Floyd made me take notice of her,seen the footage and the other girls Boxing background showed and her movement was bette,I have watched a few UFC lad come down the gym where my lads Box and there Boxing ability and movement is the side you notice is not there strong point.

I dont think she is the asshole most do. Not doubt she has a ego,most fighters do. She just knows the money she can make putting out a image. People will pay to watch her

I don't either. I've seen her podcasts with Joe Rogan and that doesn't come across at all.

You have to have fuckloads of self belief though, otherwise you couldn't step in the ring/cage. She's certainly not as mouthy as some.

The fight was over when that punch landed at 4.04. Look at the explosiveness of that shot. There's just no way to read that. It's perfect technique. The feet and body move in perfect sequence, the feet don't step first (and give the intention away) and the arm doesn't follow, everything moves in unison like a coiled spring. She even slips to the outside of Ronda's lazy jab so there's no possibility of Ronda firing back with her own right hand.

Just watched it again.  Yep that shot really took it out of her.  Definitely was the beginning of the end then

A mma fighter will never have the footwork of a boxer. They cant to compete in mma. You cant stand in the same stance as either your legs will be smashed by low kicks or youll be taken down all the time.

Holm is a champion boxer and kickboxer who spent a few years training for mma. Its easier to learn the defensive side of wrestling and submissions than getting to the level of champion boxers.

They are two different sports and as different as baseball and cricket

• Upvote 1

I don't either. I've seen her podcasts with Joe Rogan and that doesn't come across at all.

You have to have fuckloads of self belief though, otherwise you couldn't step in the ring/cage. She's certainly not as mouthy as some.

Good podcast that one. I love his podcast.

The one with kickboxer Joe Schilling os worth a listen too

I cannot watch women fight under any discipline. It just doesnt sit right with me.

I'm sure they are good at it too but it just seems like a circus set up to amuse a largely male audience.

I thought similar a few years ago but after watching some fights and training alongside some women my thoughts changed. I still couldn't spar with a woman though. I just could not throw shots as id feel a cunt if they landed.

Best thing happened though. It would be pretty boring if she won again.

How's my girl JJ (Joanna Jedrzejczyk) ??

Fucking immense she is! Not as brutal as her last fight but still dominant and all with another broken hand.

Im hoping theres a replay on wednesday as i have virgin coming to reinstall my box.

I have watched so much old kickboxing and mma the last few months being stuck in here. Add to that the upcoming boxing and mma cards to come i cant wait to get to training ,its going to be a good few months away yet. Its like a horrible itch i cant stratch. We have a new trainer in teaching BJJ and mma in the centre too as of next month. Im planning on starting after xmas even if i only do the warm ups and hold pads. Nothing like being in a combat sports gym if its not full of tribal tattoo,roid headed fuck wits

• Upvote 1

Jesus. She looked utterly outclassed. Never thought I'd see that. After the elbow strike she just looked completely in shock like she didn't know what was going on and that duck under the arm move Holm pulled made it look like she was toying with her. Rousey has clearly been too focused on her career outside the octagon and it caught up with her.

A mma fighter will never have the footwork of a boxer. They cant to compete in mma. You cant stand in the same stance as either your legs will be smashed by low kicks or youll be taken down all the time.

Holm is a champion boxer and kickboxer who spent a few years training for mma. Its easier to learn the defensive side of wrestling and submissions than getting to the level of champion boxers.

They are two different sports and as different as baseball and cricket

I'm not saying a boxer could beat a Brazilian Ju Jitsu black belt or a wrestler on the ground, they'd get destroyed, clearly. But it'd put money on any top level boxer still in their prime destroying any UFC fighter in their respective weight class, in a stand up fight, in the Octagon, wearing 4oz gloves. They can use Muy Thai kicks, superman punches, spinning back fists and all that stuff as long as there's no takedowns or grappling, my money would be on the boxer.

• Upvote 1