You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

The brainless cunts among us will always throw out the goals scored under Rafa because they are brainless cunts.  If we lined up with 9 CB's, a goalkeeper and Gerrard and somehow scored 100 goals in a season because every shot Gerrard hit went in they would tell me we weren't negative.  We were negative and because we had Roy of the fucking Rovers playing for us we still scored goals anyway and did relatively well but I hate this bullshit that Rafa got the best out of him.  He didn't.  Gerrard got the best out of Gerrard.  If we had had Rodgers in the position he's in now when Gerrard was at his peak we would have won league title after league title.  You only have to look at Torres before and after his Gerrard time.  He's a fucking waster.  I have no doubt Gerrard at that time would have turned most good strikers world class as he did with Torres.

With all due respect thats nonsense. I will agree to differ on the rest of it.

With all due respect thats nonsense. I will agree to differ on the rest of it.

Yeah, it probably is to be fair. Torres scored plenty of world class goals himself. I just hate the cunt for what he did. Gerrard definitely helped him reach the level he did though for those few seasons. I stand by the rest of the post though.

One league cup since he was sacked speaks for itself.  So called fans were scapegoating the crap out of him. 

Actually that means Rafa will be back one day............ Yerse get in there Stringy

And.... he's going to get Joe Allen pissed by filling all the water bottles up with Whisky

Nope.  Busted flush.  He betrayed his true colours, and still some followers can't see it.  

Rafa and Rodgers are both footballing extremists and equally inflexible in their own way, the best and most effective football would be half way between the two. That being said, I'd trust Rafa with £100 million to spend ahead of any other manager in our recent history.

Which says everything about how badly we spend. I would be surprised if any other team in Europe wastes as much as we have in the past 15 years

Not aimed at you but it does my head when people say this because it's blatantly not true.

Everybody wastes money. Everyone.

Not aimed at you but it does my head when people say this because it's blatantly not true.

Everybody wastes money. Everyone.

I can't think of worse transfer business than 55 million for Carroll and Downing Rob, and 40 million for Lovren and Sakho, I genuinely can't. Billionaire clubs throw money around like that perhaps but it's often outweighed by good quality signings. Our last good signing, upon which everyone agreed, was Sturridge, before that was years earlier with Suarez, everyone else has been open for serious debate.

I can't think of worse transfer business than 55 million for Carroll and Downing Rob, and 40 million for Lovren and Sakho, I genuinely can't. Billionaire clubs throw money around like that perhaps but it's often outweighed by good quality signings. Our last good signing, upon which everyone agreed, was Sturridge, before that was years earlier with Suarez, everyone else has been open for serious debate.

The Downing and Carroll stuff is fair game yeah. That was horrendous. But everyone wastes money and some of the players that were apparently crap have been part of some great teams.

When I read stuff like the last 15 years it does my nut in because we've won everything bar the League in that 15 years and we've nearly won it on three occasions.

• Upvote 1

The Downing and Carroll stuff is fair game yeah. That was horrendous. But everyone wastes money and some of the players that were apparently crap have been part of some great teams.

When I read stuff like the last 15 years it does my nut in because we've won everything bar the League in that 15 years and we've nearly won it on three occasions.

it's 25 years Robbie.  And nearly means nowt mate.  

• Upvote 1