You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we're taking all the comps seriously but I would rotate like fuck for this

Jones

Kelly Wisdom Skrtel Cissokho

Allen Alberto Henderson

Sterling Borini Ibe

same team, think they could all do with a start aside from Henderson obviously but we don't have any other senior midfielders apart from Stevie and Lucas, would probably stick the likes of Mclaughlin and Morgan on the bench too as well as get Aspas on to try get him a goal

I'd rest Agger, Gerrard and Sturridge but other than that we should play our strongest team, maybe give Coutinho an hour. Keep the momentum going and give the players another game to get match fit.

We've fucked up against lower league teams in the cups too often in the last few years: Burnley, Reading, Northampton, Oldham etc

Lets get the job done. The fringe players need to earn their opportunities, not just be given them for the sake of rotation.

Mignolet

Johnson Wisdom Toure Enrique

Allen Lucas Henderson

Coutinho Borini Aspas

I'd rest Agger, Gerrard and Sturridge but other than that we should play our strongest team, maybe give Coutinho an hour. Keep the momentum going and give the players another game to get match fit.

We've fucked up against lower league teams in the cups too often in the last few years: Burnley, Reading, Northampton, Oldham etc

Lets get the job done. The fringe players need to earn their opportunities, not just be given them for the sake of rotation.

Mignolet

Allen Lucas Henderson

Coutinho Borini Aspas

Totally agree. Some of the teams people suggest for cup games really make me laugh; as if we only have to turn up to win. If the game was played on paper, there'd be no point turning up.

Fact is, teams from the lower leagues are right up for it when they play us and find that extra 10% they don't normally have. If you don't get the balance of the team right with regards to kids and fringe players, they can easily seize on it.

I'm not opposed to changes- I'd like to see Alberto get a run out, for example- but certainly not for the sake of them. With no European football this season, we can afford to put out a strong-ish side to ensure we don't end up with egg on our faces like we have too many times before the past few years.

Mignolet

Allen Lucas Henderson

Coutinho Borini Aspas

I'd have Skrtel in for Toure (we've only just got him, we've got Scum next - we don't want to break him) and play Cissokho for JE to show what he can do. If ther's no score after 60 mins, bring Sturridge on, if we're up, then give Sterlo, Ibe and Wisdom a trot.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

------------------------------Ward------------------------------

Kelly-------------Skrtel----------------Wisdom-------Cissokho

-------------------Allen----------------Henderson---------------

---------------------------Luis Alberto

----Sterling-----------------Borini------------------Assaidi

I'd much sooner see Sinclair and Yesil (assuming he's properly fit after the injury) involved over Adam Morgan, to be honest.

I'd rest our most important outfield players ahead of the weekend - Johnson, Toure, Agger, Gerrard, Sturridge.

Kelly, Wisdom, Skrtel, Allen and Borini could all do with game time anyway.

Maybe Cisshoko for Enrique and rest Lucas too.

Would like to see a bit of Alberto.

------------------------------Ward------------------------------

Kelly-------------Skrtel----------------Wisdom-------Cissokho

-------------------Allen----------------Henderson---------------

---------------------------Luis Alberto

----Sterling-----------------Borini------------------Assaidi

I'd much sooner see Sinclair and Yesil (assuming he's properly fit after the injury) involved over Adam Morgan, to be honest.

Don't think Yesil is back yet and Assaidi is seemingly on the verge of a move to Stoke

We should definitely be able to get by with a mostly second string side in this one. I'd have a couple of experienced heads in there but if the likes of Joe Allen and Borini can't perform in a game like this then we may as well get rid.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, we've seen Joe Allen give man of the match performances against Arsenal and Man City, so we already know he can perform. I hope Borini can carry the confidence from the U21s into this game.

people saying not to play a reserve team but going of the line up most people have gone for

Australian international

England international

England u21 international

Slovakia captain and key player for us for years

French international who has played for Porto,Lyon and Valencia

Wales international and 15million signing

7million signing

England international and part of our starting XI so far this season

England international

Italy international and 10million signing

Very promising 17/18 year old

if they can't beat Notts County at home there is something wrong

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think anybody needs a rest. I think it's more to do with us not wanting to have people injured before the Utd game.