Quantcast
How does your garden grow? - Page 82 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Put up a shed on my allotment in front of an audience of beagles.  Actually got a blister from hammering nails. Feel like a real AB9E8F32-79E4-4E8B-8120-4BF8B9E298F7.jpegman tonight. The more astute of you may notice the door is upside down but fuck it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Put up a shed on my allotment in front of an audience of beagles.  Actually got a blister from hammering nails. Feel like a real AB9E8F32-79E4-4E8B-8120-4BF8B9E298F7.jpegman tonight. The more astute of you may notice the door is upside down but fuck it. 

I'd have built a patio instead. The bobbies will take longer to recover bodies from under concrete and you could escape quicker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd have built a patio instead. The bobbies will take longer to recover bodies from under concrete and you could escape quicker.

They wont need the police , the cadaver beagles will be in there as soon as Kurtzy turns his back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant finish me path off cos the fucking duck is back in the fucking plant pot I told the old girl to fucking shift!

 

She's been on the nest for about 14 days so I reckon we have another 14 to go before we get chicks again. Bit sad she lost all the first 14 she had, must be that fucking heron snaffling crispy duck chicks. I wring it's fucking neck if I can catch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Put up a shed on my allotment in front of an audience of beagles.  Actually got a blister from hammering nails. Feel like a real AB9E8F32-79E4-4E8B-8120-4BF8B9E298F7.jpegman tonight. The more astute of you may notice the door is upside down but fuck it. 

A bit late now but was there a reason for not building the shed on some paving and having some hard standing surrounding it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Cant finish me path off cos the fucking duck is back in the fucking plant pot I told the old girl to fucking shift!

 

She's been on the nest for about 14 days so I reckon we have another 14 to go before we get chicks again. Bit sad she lost all the first 14 she had, must be that fucking heron snaffling crispy duck chicks. I wring it's fucking neck if I can catch it.

I had some ducks walk through our garden the other day. Big commotion and magpies got at least one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Champ said:

A bit late now but was there a reason for not building the shed on some paving and having some hard standing surrounding it?

There is paving underneath and in front of the door. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

There is paving underneath and in front of the door. Thanks 

Did that sound arsey? It wasn’t meant to. That said your climate is normally a lot drier than ours. Paving would be essential here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Champ said:

Did that sound arsey? It wasn’t meant to. That said your climate is normally a lot drier than ours. Paving would be essential here

No it didn’t. Good advice. It’s been raining for weeks now so I’m not sure it’s much drier here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ said:

Did that sound arsey? It wasn’t meant to. That said your climate is normally a lot drier than ours. Paving would be essential here

No, you are right - it looks to be riding low, I fear it takes on water at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2021 at 11:59, YorkshireRed said:

One of the new trees has its first blossom. Yet to be planted in its final position.

 

It’ll look great in twenty years. Hopefully I won’t be dead. 

DDE03237-6B36-4F8F-9BB4-B026A882E721.jpeg

What tree is it?

 

I picked up 2 fruit trees for £10 in Tesco of all places- after protecting them from the frost all winter they are coming along nicely.

 

PS- Did you fall off of your bike? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dave D said:

What tree is it?

 

I picked up 2 fruit trees for £10 in Tesco of all places- after protecting them from the frost all winter they are coming along nicely.

 

PS- Did you fall off of your bike? 

This one is a flowering cherry tree. It already blossoming nicely in its new spot.

 

It’s the wife’s old bike that she’s turned into a garden feature. It had been a victim of the Yorkshire gales when the photo was taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat in my garden with a coffee and a pint of water with ice. Birds singing and the sun shining. I know my grass needs doing. I know my ferns need cutting  back more this winter.  Think the dog has stole a sock and left it on the law. Fucking hell this is glorious. 

 

From a shitty, tiny yard to this. 

20210601_093023.jpg

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Sat in my garden with a coffee and a pint of water with ice. Birds singing and the sun shining. I know my grass needs doing. I know my ferns need cutting  back more this winter.  Think the dog has stole a sock and left it on the law. Fucking hell this is glorious. 

 

From a shitty, tiny yard to this. 

20210601_093023.jpg

I’ll give you that the grass could do with cutting (although I know there’s a strong movement towards letting it grow for wildlife) but those ferns against the decking look fab.

 

I love the architectural quality of ferns and the shadows that they cast. I’ve planted a few different varieties this year and can’t wait to see how they develop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sorry/Not Sorry for showing off but the front garden looks the business when the sun has its hat on.

 

 

59AA531D-0E92-4BD6-9CC2-3625B5CB57A2.jpeg

Yup - very nice.

 

I've said it before, but compliments to the wife. She keeps a very neat and tidy bush.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neko said:

Yup - very nice.

 

I've said it before, but compliments to the wife. She keeps a very neat and tidy bush.

She does.

 

That’s one of the reasons I don’t mind sharing the photos.

 

All the credit goes to her. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Sat in my garden with a coffee and a pint of water with ice. Birds singing and the sun shining. I know my grass needs doing. I know my ferns need cutting  back more this winter.  Think the dog has stole a sock and left it on the law. Fucking hell this is glorious. 

 

From a shitty, tiny yard to this. 

20210601_093023.jpg

PD - I'd start thinking about planting a couple of trees along the back fence to block the neighbour's view. Maybe even a hedge ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got up this morning to find Tilly Floss had hatched her brood and was looking for a way out of the garden. Took an age to get her to go the right way to the gate then get them across the road to the pond.

 

Hopefully one or two make it this time and arent snaffled as a quick meal by t the heron, gulls and foxes.

 

 

Duck2.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×