You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Reina wants to leave, then fair enough - as long as we get a good fee (£15 million+). He has been very loyal and deserves to be playing at a higher level.

We never get a good fee from the big Spanish clubs. They spend 80 bajilion gazillion on no-marks, but when we come a-selling we get about 4 pence.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LFD
We never get a good fee from the big Spanish clubs. They spend 80 bajilion gazillion on no-marks, but when we come a-selling we get about 4 pence.

It's about time our club grew some bollocks!

Did he not want to join Arsenal the other year?

So the rumour goes but he didn't join. I'm not getting in to a fucking argument though. A foreign player staying as long as he has can be considered loyal IMO.

Guest LFD
I'm with Kevin on this. £175k p/w off the wage bill is a mouth watering prospect in full.

Are we football fans or accountants now days?

So the rumour goes but he didn't join. I'm not getting in to a fucking argument though. A foreign player staying as long as he has can be considered loyal IMO.

Yeah, fair point. I don't want an argument. I wouldn't have held it against the lad if he had wanted to join Arsenal, a team that could offer Champions League football.

Would be a shame to sell him now that he's regained his confidence. Although I know he has strong feelings for the club so I can see why he'd like to go back and show his worth.

Fucking sad to see yet another remnant of Rafa's team go though. I bloody hope it's not true.

So, the shrink to greatness appears to continue. Costs under control, debt serviceable, shirt sales and sponsorship deals. Nice! What a well run business. Now buy Vorm and Williams, pay off our debt and the full transition to Swansea will be complete. Lovely, isn't it? All we need now is to uncover an undiscovered Pot Noodle mine in Kemlyn Road and we'll be well tidy.

Nightmare scenario. In a fragile defence, lacking confidence replacing Pepe will be incredibly difficult. Unless we get Julio Cesar, it's going to be even tougher next season.

Our downward spiral continues unabated.

Absolutely.

Yeah he is.

Very rarely wrong when it comes to Spanish players. He was right about Torres wanting to go to Chelsea and everyone was ridiculing him. I remember that. Every single Liverpool forum was ridiculing his exclusive news, until of course Torres handed it in his transfer request.

Guest ShoePiss
Are we football fans or accountants now days?

Kevin passes his rod to someone else and still gets one on.

What's the going rate for a Spanish international goalkeeper in today's market? Because I'd want Casillas to replace Pepe if he was going. I hope he isn't.

I don't think it's a good idea to sell him now after we're still trying to sort out our problems in the back. It would mean yet another year of transition and watching the gap grow wider between us and the likes of Tottenham.

a few months ago I'd have driven him there myself as he really was awful for a long time' date=' lately though he has shown signs of being the Reina of old and I'd be fine with him staying

if he does go I want Mignolet[/quote']

Agree with all of this. I'd want Mignolet regardless of the fact he's a good 'keeper, we can then sing that fuck awesome song...

A Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet.