You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

reports we've had a loan bid for Mata turned down

permanent deal and offering huge wages is the only way we have a slight chance and I'd fully advocate doing it!

Apparently Mourinho said last night hes still in his plans and hes just giving him a rest. Or something like that.

But fuck knows.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Shame about Assaidi' date=' thought he'd be a good option off the bench. Presumably we'll get two wide players in the next few days.[/quote']

If one is good and the other is Moses, I guess that'd be ok. Still haven't got the tip CB we should have been in for. I guess Toure makes that a little less urgent.

I'm both happy and unhappy with this window at the moment. But there's a sense of missed opportunity again.

If one is good and the other is Moses, I guess that'd be ok. Still haven't got the tip CB we should have been in for. I guess Toure makes that a little less urgent.

I'm both happy and unhappy with this window at the moment. But there's a sense of missed opportunity again.

Agreed on all counts. I don't mind Moses coming in as another option, but we need to sign one player a lot better than him. As you say, we still need a centreback as well.

Apparently Mourinho said last night hes still in his plans and hes just giving him a rest. Or something like that.

But fuck knows.

Too many reports have put Mata available, cant be co incidence, Jose thinks he slows counter attacks down, dont make sense to me he managed to make use of that greedy fucker Robben and the likes of Ozil, odd but ok lets what every penny on a bid for him and send all our whores, with our range of dazzling footy kits to woo him we should breeze through any negotiations, he wont even need to get changed he can come off the pitch and go straight down to blu bar to illuminate the crowd with his ironic broken riff threads.

Mata price is 27m.

If true we should defo be on that. But we won't. We'll offer to take him on loan for a year for an initial 2mil fee, then pay 25K in monthly installments for the rest of the 27mil. Then ship him out and pay 25% of whatever he's next salary is. Easy.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Hahahaha you think we could tempt Turan out the Champions league' date=' a competition his team could win, to come and babysit Ibe and Sterling??[/quote']

The guy who has said he's desperate to play for Liverpool? Who posted pictures of himself in a Liverpool shirt? Is say there's a fuck load more chance than Mata.

EDIT: my mistake, you typed 'hahahahaha', so you must be right.

If true we should defo be on that. But we won't. We'll offer to take him on loan for a year for an initial 2mil fee, then pay 25K in monthly installments for the rest of the 27mil. Then ship him out and pay 25% of whatever he's next salary is. Easy.

I'd happily pay anything up to around 35million to get him if thats what it took.

If the stories of a loan bid rejected are true perhaps he has intimated to us he'd be open to a loan move, can fully understand if he didn't want to join us but with it being a world cup year and that maybe he wants to play every week?

Don't see why Chelsea would loan him out though, they could get a minimum £20million for him but then again I still think he is their best player so can't fathom them getting rid at all!

The guy who has said he's desperate to play for Liverpool? Who posted pictures of himself in a Liverpool shirt? Is say there's a fuck load more chance than Mata.

EDIT: my mistake, you typed 'hahahahaha', so you must be right.

The one who scored at the weekend? It was a long time since he and a lot of other players were falling over themselves to put out that they would join us, he's now in the third best team in spain and very much semi final CL material.

He may well have supported us as a kid growing up and when we were a top team it opened up. Likewise if Everton had been winning the league when McMannaman was around Im sure he'd have played for them at some point, it didnt happen and he'd never have joined them cos they were shit though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We've been linked with Sakho today from various (dubious) sources. But I'll take it!

Would take that. Stronger than an Ox.