You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900665/Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Liverpool-transfer-news-Ousmane-Dembele-La-Liga-gossip

Philippe Coutinho: One Barcelona player does not want Liverpool star to seal transfer

OUSMANE DEMBELE does not want Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho to join Barcelona, according to reports.

Dembele is also annoyed at the prospect of Coutinho’s price tag usurping his own.

Fucking priceless...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/900665/Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Liverpool-transfer-news-Ousmane-Dembele-La-Liga-gossip

Philippe Coutinho: One Barcelona player does not want Liverpool star to seal transfer

OUSMANE DEMBELE does not want Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho to join Barcelona, according to reports.

Dembele is also annoyed at the prospect of Coutinho’s price tag usurping his own.

Fucking priceless...

Good of Dembele to wait until he'd made three appearances before throwing his toys out of the pram.

Genuinely asking here, have we become a feader club to Barcelona or does it just feel that way because of Suarez and now Countinho?

Have we become their Southampton or is that just an overreaction?

Most clubs are Barcelona's Southampton. I think it's just a coincidence. You could have said that for us and Chelsea at the time, when Abramovich was going after all our players that scored against them.

Genuinely asking here, have we become a feader club to Barcelona or does it just feel that way because of Suarez and now Countinho?

Evidence would suggest so. And the better we do, the more it will happen for the forseeable future.

We need to sell them a Lambert.

Most clubs are Barcelona's Southampton. I think it's just a coincidence. You could have said that for us and Chelsea at the time, when Abramovich was going after all our players that scored against them.

a shame we couldn't sell them that useless French midfielder who scored at the bridge

All clubs are selling clubs now bar City and PSG who have active owners with effectively unlimited funding. Barcelona are PSG's bitch at will now.

Luckily Klopp is well versed at building an effective squad whilst losing star players. He'll lose less at Liverpool than at Dortmund.

If Real had of rated Coutinho and they would be in to buy him you could say the same about them seeing as they bought Alonso off us. It is a sign we have some exceptionally good players that is part and parcel of football.

I’m getting in the fuck him off camp.

I really don’t even think it’s him, it’s definitely his agent and Barca influencing him to behave like this, he doesn’t have to go along with it and he could show a lot more respect but he’s just a pawn in a money making scheme for his agent and Barca to get a player they rate. It’s bullshit and the sooner he fucks off the better, the situation could easily become toxic.

Could you imagine someone behaving like this at a club that has genuine leaders like Gerrard, Carragher, Roy Keane etc behind closed doors they let him no in no uncertain terms that they’re acting the cunt and to sort it out like Gerrard did with Suarez that summer he sulked about Arsenal.

I also think people are losing sight at how much monies being offered here. £106m minimum, this time last year everyone on here would have said they’d sell him, I bet you could go back anytime before the Neymar deal and not see anyone quoting £100m+ plus, last summers deals have fucked up people’s perceptions of what a good deal is and what’s not, nobodies knows how the market will be in 6 months time so at the moment nobody knows if any transfer is value for money because nobody knows what the value of top players.

What am I missing here? He's our player, he's under contract, we don't have to offer him more money to stay, we just tell him he's staying until the summer.

Point-and-clickability sadly lacking in that there precis, lad.  A Paulie Dangerously or El Rojo you'll never be.

My advice: Work on your drama quimery first and maybe from that platform...

I want the tooth extracted now, don't want to walk around with toothache for two weeks first. If we have to wait, then of course we'll have to wait, I would just prefer it's done quickly,.

The problem is if you don't find something to plug the hole effectively after the extraction you can end up with "dry socket" which would be 10x worse than the initial toothache and you'll be left regretting the decision.

• Upvote 1

Better to be a feeding club to them than paying off shite to join bottom half clubs on free - or Joe Cole.