You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

He's not being badly advised in my opinion. He wants to move to Barcelona but is on a 5 year deal. This is the only way it has a chance of happening. If it doesn't happen he will just start playing again and nobody will be arsed. Being universally "loved" on Internet forums and in pubs etc doesn't effect his life one bit.

He's not being badly advised in my opinion. He wants to move to Barcelona but is on a 5 year deal. This is the only way it has a chance of happening. If it doesn't happen he will just start playing again and nobody will be arsed. Being universally "loved" on Internet forums and in pubs etc doesn't effect his life one bit.

I think it probably does. They all want to loved and is part pf why they do what they do .

I think it probably does. They all want to loved and is part pf why they do what they do .

The actions of Torres, Masch, Suarez, Sterling all suggest otherwise. There's plenty of others as well at all other clubs. They don't give a shit about what the fans think because when they move there's another set of fans. They do what they do because it's a great job to have that gets paid ridiculously well. They move higher up the chain for the chance to win and gain recognition. If sides like Barca come in they generally will not and have not gave a shit what it takes to move there.

He was badly advised to sign a five year deal without a release clause if he really wanted to go to Barca.

The reason he signed that deal was because in reality he is not that great.

He is not Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo (spit), class. Someone has obviously had his ear and told him these fellas are a year or two away from done. You could be the new Barca front man.

He may kick on but he is not a Messi. Sell him as long as we spend it.

• Upvote 2

He isn't Messi or Ronaldo but nobody is or probably will be. I imagine he signed the deal because it was a 150k a week and he thought if the big boys come in he could just behave like this and leave. He's a brilliant player about to come into his peak years. He would turn into a star player at Barca. We've got him tied down to a 5 year deal. That's his problem not ours. He stays and if he's in the right frame of mind he plays. If he isn't then he goes on the bench until he is. The money is literally worthless to us. It's strange how the club gets criticised for not trying to compete for trophies. The same people are then happy to see our best players sold when we are in a position of strength, "as long as we replace them."

Well that's the fucking problem isn't it. It's not that easy as we have seen time and time and time again. The best players don't want to come here. We get the players with potential so when they turn good we should be keeping them at all costs.

He will go to PSG next year with his bezzy.

This is what I think will happen too.

It will all blow over for now, he will go on the international break and then come back and play. The club have handled it well with the back injury and illness thing - plausible deniability, and Klopp has been nothing but positive about the player publicly. It gives an easier on ramp back into the fold.

If he goes to PSG next summer it will be for a lot of cash. They also have a few players who could help us too. I get the impression that Barcelona are a fading force. Still better than us, mind; but not what they were a couple of years ago, and their team is getting on a bit.

Philippe Coutinho is hoping Barcelona signing Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund does not mean they have given up on signing him.

The Brazilian's position has not changed – he still wants to leave Liverpool and sign for Barca.

We are told his “mood is very low at the moment”.

Jurgen Klopp says Coutinho won’t play against Arsenal on Sunday because he is still injured (back).

This is what I think will happen too.

It will all blow over for now, he will go on the international break and then come back and play. The club have handled it well with the back injury and illness thing - plausible deniability, and Klopp has been nothing but positive about the player publicly. It gives an easier on ramp back into the fold.

If he goes to PSG next summer it will be for a lot of cash. They also have a few players who could help us too. I get the impression that Barcelona are a fading force. Still better than us, mind; but not what they were a couple of years ago, and their team is getting on a bit.

It probably will all blow over and he will be feted as a hero again by a lot of fans, I can't help feeling he put our qualification to the CL at risk with his fucking about and sulking, don't believe he is injured and for me he can fuck off and suck Messi's cock for all I care

I dont think it will blow over. I think it will hang around like a bad fart (or a good un depending how you look at it), much like van Dijk at southampton.

Personally, I think coutinho is past the point of no return. Yeah, he might play for us again but I dont expect he'll pull his tripe out on a wet and windy night for us. I think he'll pretty much go through the motions. It wont affect his WC chances because his international manger knows what's gone on and as long as he keeps fit and does the business for Brasil, they wont give a fuck what he does or doesnt do here.

In fact it could be a bonus for them, a fit coutinho who hasnt had to suffer a hard English PL season going into the World Cup.

Another key issue addressed by Guillem Balague in his weekly Q&A blog was the future of Philippe Coutinho at Liverpool.

The Spanish football expert was asked if the Brazilian would come out publicly and talk about his frustrations in a bid to force through a move, but Balague believes the onus is on Barcelona to do all it takes to land their man.

He wrote: "I have seen that report and it sounds like a threat from the Coutinho camp that he will talk if he is not allowed to leave.

"The issue I have with this is that there are few things stronger than submitting a transfer request - that is the strongest position a player can take. Liverpool are determined not to sell and, as I’ve said, Barcelona have to do a last effort because Coutinho has done all he can to leave."

"The issue I have with this is that there are few things stronger than submitting a transfer request - that is the strongest position a player can take. Liverpool are determined not to sell and, as I’ve said, Barcelona have to do a last effort because Coutinho has done all he can to leave."

What happened to a bit of old school self-immolation?

• Upvote 1

From 101greatgoals.com

"Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho has reportedly informed Liverpool that he does not want to play for them in the Champions League this season.

This comes after intense speculation over his future with Barcelona looking to try and seal a deal for the playmaker before the transfer window closes.

Coutinho has already submitted a formal transfer request at Liverpool in an attempt to force through a move but the Anfield side are standing firm.

That has left the player no choice but to start refusing to play for the club as long as he doesn’t get his way and that is set to be in the Champions League.

Another reason for this is that it could well leave the player cup tied should he move to Barcelona during this transfer window or the next.

Whether Liverpool will sell the player is yet to be seen and Barcelona will need to hurry up and convince the Merseysiders to sell before the window closes."

If they will not be able to play Coutinho during their return to the Champions League, that would be a huge blow to the side and their hopes of advancing to the latter stages.

If that is the case, it could be the factor that means that Liverpool cave into selling the player in the last week before the window closes."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk