You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I’m frustrated this business has happened mid season, and that is compounded by not having a like-for-like replacement. Arguably the replacements are VVD and Keita, and while that will make the team stronger when both are in situ, we are short now, and we have a lot to play for this season.

If Coutinho was willing to strike again and also telling all and sundry he wants out, then that could be damaging to the dressing room, so I can understand Klopp sanctioning his release, if that’s how it went down.

Just can’t shake the feeling that we are short going forward now. A lot of games need some stardust to break the deadlock, or get the team going. Coutinho will be sorely missed, and it looks negligent to not have a replacement lined up as we go into the second half of the season.

Obviously if we pull a rabbit out of the hat and sign Lemar and Alisson, or Mahrez and Oblak, then it’s onwards and upwards. But you can’t help shake the feeling that that’s it for now, and Klopp has taken his squad away out of the glare of the media for a bit of sunshine, training, team building and regrouping. Hopefully they come back firing.

I can’t help but feel Sadio Mane is going to be crucial to our prospects for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

Reading that makes me want to be happy for him, fulfilling a childhood dream, etc. but I don't. On one hand I understand the desire to play with players on your level or better but what about the desire to compete against those players and beat them yourself, to be part of something new or reviving a storied club rather than just being another supporting cast member? I feel like that's gone in a lot of sports now. Even taking that out of it though, he talks about us as if he's only leaving because it's Barca but nonetheless it's a cunt's trick to strike, especially mid-season if that's true this time around. So whilst I appreciate he'll be rooting for us from afar I hope he'll be watching us thinking "why the fuck have I left that?" whilst Barcelona fucking implodes around him.

I couldn't give a shit about Coutinho anymore, world class player that will now go on and win trophy after trophy, playing alongside other top class players.

I care about not replacing him and using the excuse we've got two bang average English players who can do a job.  Fans of every other club must be laughing their fucking heads off.   Chat about setting Lallana and Chamberlain up a fail too, neither have ever looked remotely good enough to fill his shoes, end of.

Fact of the matter is, we've now got zero midfield creativity and one injury to either of our wide players and we lose all threat there too.

I find it bizarre that there are people pointing the blame at Klopp and FSG for selling Phil. He didn’t want to be here ffs. Feigned injury twice before our opening game and before a derby. Anyone else doing this in the team would have been bombed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame Klopp at all.

I blame FSG because everything they do is cynical and calculated for PR purposes and to paint them in a positive light.

As soon as we announced that VvD was joining ahead of the window opening I knew that they were up to no good.

When Coutinho stayed it was because John Henry laid down the law.  When he goes, out comes the statement that "we, as a club...blah, blah, blah".

They always seek the plaudits when something goes well, and they always deflect the blame onto some other sucker when it suits them.

I fucking hate them, and wish they would sell the club to someone richer who genuinely wants to win.

• Upvote 5

I fucking hate them, and wish they would sell the club to someone richer who genuinely wants to win.

So you want a Man City sugar daddy?

FSG has done nothing wrong here as, and I hope you understand this, Coutinho wanted to leave.

No sense keeping him and it was left up to Klopp.

So you want a Man City sugar daddy?

FSG has done nothing wrong here as, and I hope you understand this, Coutinho wanted to leave.

No sense keeping him and it was left up to Klopp.

It's hard to be specific.  I just know that I'm sick of them and their PR bullshit.

There was lots of sense keeping him, he was a special player with natural abilities nobody else in the squad can match. 

It's hard to be specific. I just know that I'm sick of them and their PR bullshit.

There was lots of sense keeping him, he was a special player with natural abilities nobody else in the squad can match.

But he wanted to go and was becoming an disruptive influence on the squad.

We shouldn’t turn a blind eye to this because of ability.

If Henderson pulled this type of crap, there would be a universal call for him to get to fuck.

He’s manufactured this move himself along with his shit stain of an agent. Read that article in Mail then come back to me to say you still want an individual like that in the team.

He’s gone and we have made a tidy profit on the back of the cunt. Good.

But he wanted to go and was becoming an disruptive influence on the squad.

We shouldn’t turn a blind eye to this because of ability.

If Henderson pulled this type of crap, there would be a universal call for him to get to fuck.

He’s manufactured this move himself along with his shit stain of an agent. Read that article in Mail then come back to me to say you still want an individual like that in the team.

He’s gone and we have made a tidy profit on the back of the cunt. Good.

All well and good but a tidy profit means fuck all if we don't replace what he brought to the team.

You might realise that next time we're 1-0 down with a free-kick 30 yards from goal. 

I don't blame Klopp at all.

I blame FSG because everything they do is cynical and calculated for PR purposes and to paint them in a positive light.

As soon as we announced that VvD was joining ahead of the window opening I knew that they were up to no good.

When Coutinho stayed it was because John Henry laid down the law. When he goes, out comes the statement that "we, as a club...blah, blah, blah".

They always seek the plaudits when something goes well, and they always deflect the blame onto some other sucker when it suits them.

Do you think FSG should overrule Klopp on player matters? Genuine question, if Klopp has enough and decided he wanted him out and to cash in, should FSG tell him no?