You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Anyone who has a top 20 sitcoms without Cheers in it is the type of wrong un who should be on an Operation Yewtree list.

After hearings so many go on about it I have just started watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am four episodes into the first series. I would describe it as very good rather than great so far but I will stick with it.

Anyone who has a top 20 sitcoms without Cheers in it is the type of wrong un who should be on an Operation Yewtree list.

After hearings so many go on about it I have just started watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am four episodes into the first series. I would describe it as very good rather than great so far but I will stick with it.

Gets better in season 2 when Danny DeVito comes into it.

I've never watched a single episode of Cheers.

My favourites include I'm Alan Partridge, The Royle Family, Keeping Up Appearances, Outnumbered, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, The Inbetweeners, Goodnight Sweetheart, Only Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers, The Good Life, and a couple of American ones, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Wonder Years.

The first series of It's Always Sunny is much better on a second watch when you're more used to the characters. It's a rare series though in that it's got better and better as it's gone on.

Probably one for the upcoming tv shows thread really but there is a show due to start in June called Yellowstone which is written by Taylor Sheridan of who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River. 

The first series of It's Always Sunny is much better on a second watch when you're more used to the characters. It's a rare series though in that it's got better and better as it's gone on.

Probably one for the upcoming tv shows thread really but there is a show due to start in June called Yellowstone which is written by Taylor Sheridan of who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River. 

Well that's getting highlighted, bolded and made to stand out for future reference.

Brilliant stuff,   Its all on I Player if you've missed any,  My mate had digs in Faulkner St in the eighties. What a dump it was. then.  I'm sure there were plans to pull it all down. The houses round there look great these days and go for a fortune, 

The house featured in the programme has just gone on the market for £600k

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/liverpool-city-centre-house-featured-14116361

Manhunt: Unabomber. I think I was watching a different show here because it resembled a made for TV movie with only one really standout episode. The story is probably more intriguing as I can remember the time the Unabomber was active but the show was pish apart from Paul Bettany. 5/10 mostly for Paul and the 'whatever happened to them' factor.

• Upvote 1

Manhunt: Unabomber. I think I was watching a different show here because it resembled a made for TV movie with only one really standout episode. The story is probably more intriguing as I can remember the time the Unabomber was active but the show was pish apart from Paul Bettany. 5/10 mostly for Paul and the 'whatever happened to them' factor.

Interesting. You’re the first I’ve seen who thought it was anything other than excellent. To each his own, I guess.

Yeah i am 5 episodes in and it's the best new show I've seen in a while.

The way the impact of the explosions were portayed was excellent, acting was excellent, writing was great. The whole thing was shot very well, the suspense was there even though you know what happened.

That said, everything ha people that doesn’t like it. All the best stuff. Game of Thrones was shit according to some, Sopranos ending was wank, the Godfather movies are boring.... etc, etc. It always just amazes me how some see it so, so differently. It’s probably a good thing.

Some validity in the TV movie comment as I thought it felt that way and skirted around the more macabre elements of the crimes and offered an over simplified version of the Unabomber. His crimes were horrific regardless of his IQ.

I agree, it was terrible and cliché, like a rejected 24 script.  Sam Worthington is unwatchable. The side characters were cardboard cutouts. 

• Upvote 1