You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

I was trying to keep track of his numerous cock ups,blunders, lies,corruptions before and I genuinely lost track..missing cobra reports,the Russia report,financial irregularities,party gate,broken brexit promises, Peppa pig,ppi,Russian lordships,bodies piled high,operation last gasp..

It's absolutely endless in just a couple of years.

In another country they wouldn't let him run a fucking tuck shop yet here a chunk of the population still think he is doing his best.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SilverSong said:

So this here Privilege Committee that will investigate whether depfeffel knowingly misled the house consists of 1 Labour, 1 Lib and 4 tories. I wonder how that will pan out. 'Knowingly' will do plenty of heavy lifting no doubt.

That twat Rees Mogg said yesterday that it's chaired by a Labour MP insinuating a potential hatchet job.

That cabinet is wall to wall shit stains.

23 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That twat Rees Mogg said yesterday that it's chaired by a Labour MP insinuating a potential hatchet job.

That cabinet is wall to wall shit stains.

It is, Chris Bryant, though he has asked to be excluded from this on as he feels he is compromised after being openly critical and calling Johnson a liar in the press multiple times.

Part of committee structure is based around representation of elected MPs meaning it will always be weighted in the party with most seats,though chairs tend to come from opposition parties giving some sense of balance, it's anachronistic and should be reconsidered.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Beggars belief

Weird interpretation of Purdah and could be argued they are correct to do so, though the counter could quite legitimately be made.

Tough call for them to make as they can't been seen to be interfering with elections and their releasing of the next batch of FPN could be seen to do that.

I don't agree, and think it's wrong, but that's the reasoning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Weird interpretation of Purdah and could be argued they are correct to do so, though the counter could quite legitimately be made.

Tough call for them to make as they can't been seen to be interfering with elections and their releasing of the next batch of FPN could be seen to do that.

I don't agree, and think it's wrong, but that's the reasoning.

I think when many constituents in tory seats are keen to see what their MP will do about him What happens when those that back him and get elected get egg on their face when more comes out about him being a scumbag (and most of them probably know about it already) I'd call that far more unfair than the Met just doing their jobs. Sitting on any new scandal until after the election is wrongly influencing it more IMO. 

Can see both arguments of course, I just think one is far more heavily weighted. If they came out and said there is nothing more then fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think when many constituents in tory seats are keen to see what their MP will do about him What happens when those that back him and get elected get egg on their face when more comes out about him being a scumbag (and most of them probably know about it already) I'd call that far more unfair than the Met just doing their jobs. Sitting on any new scandal until after the election is wrongly influencing it more IMO. 

Can see both arguments of course, I just think one is far more heavily weighted. If they came out and said there is nothing more then fair enough. 

No, there's loads more, that's the issue.

Line of thinking is that they may be far more fines and potential charges, but that's just rumour.

He's done for, it's just time, so the local MP's are using leflets without his face on etc as a way of mitigating against being linked to him.

Unwittingly the Tories did themselves a favour by not getting their MP's to vote/abstain as Labour can't now use this in locals against them.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, there's loads more, that's the issue.

Line of thinking is that they may be far more fines and potential charges, but that's just rumour.

He's done for, it's just time, so the local MP's are using leflets without his face on etc as a way of mitigating against being linked to him.

Unwittingly the Tories did themselves a favour by not getting their MP's to vote/abstain as Labour can't now use this in locals against them.

I still think it's corrupt mate. 

Genuinely don't see how you can 'love your country' and support someone who puts the spawn of a KGB bureau chief into the House of Lords against the advice of MI6, who lies to the Queen and slates the Church of England. But hey, that's just me - it's almost like flag avatars are a load of bollocks.  

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Genuinely don't see how you can 'love your country' and support someone who puts the spawn of a KGB bureau chief into the House of Lords against the advice of MI6, who lies to the Queen and slates the Church of England. But hey, that's just me - it's almost like flag avatars are a load of bollocks.  

This Tory appropriation of flag-shagging patriotism has always been risible. This is a party willing to sell anything in the UK to anyone, regardless of the knock-on effect on its own citizens. Fuck me, they're even more inclined to allow foreign governments to run essential utilities than they are to run them themselves. Total charlatans.

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I wouldn't put money on that account being a real person. 

I'm still shaking my head at the sheer gall of the latest excuse 'Johnson doesn't believe that he was at a party which contrvened the laws he wrote but will accept the police judgement. He was following guidence at all times in his mind and therefore didn't mislead/lie to the house'

It obscene that he's even trying it, we don't expect much else from him I s'pose, but the audacity of saying well the police think they're right, but I don't feel it is the correct decision and as such I'll refuse to accept their judgement as I'm quite certain I'm correct.

Some mental gymnatics around semantics going on there.