You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The Afgan exit was planned long ago by America. Cameron caused a lot of the migrant crisis by his disastrous foray into Syria and Libya; on the home front he divided the country with referendums on Brexit and the Union.. he also unleashed ten years of austerity which destroyed public services and resulted in mass use of food banks.. 

I'm not defending Cameron

I'm saying the absence of a disastrous foreign policy is very little to do with Johnson. 

He has been an utter disaster and his car crashes are almost endless.

He is without a doubt the most inept pm the country has seen.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not defending Cameron

I'm saying the absence of a disastrous foreign policy is very little to do with Johnson. 

He has been an utter disaster and his car crashes are almost endless.

He is without a doubt the most inept pm the country has seen.

Foreign policy does matter, and Camerons caused a migration crises, his environmental policy was planetary suicide .. on the home front the austerity program unleashed on the country by Cameron and Osborne has resulted in mass homelessness and a sky high prison/prisoner reofending rate, the results are seen now on every high street throughout the country. 

Don't listen to pompous yuppies driving Bentleys around London, when it comes to disastrous Prime Ministers Cameron takes the crown of the king of the cunts.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Deseich; are you going to follow me around the forum nagging every post I write you no good two bob cunt?

How many of your 13,000+ posts have I negged? In future I'll only neg the ones where you spell my username wrong. Can't say fairer than that.

On 17/12/2021 at 09:48, deiseach said:

Yeah, history tells us this is very bad news for Johnson but the Tories will be fine. The Eastbourne by-election in 1990 saw a 20% swing to the Lib Dems despite the fact that the vacancy arose, not because the previous MP was as corrupt as fuck, but because he had been murdered by the IRA. Within a couple of weeks, Thatcher was gone. Within a couple of years, the Tories were back in.

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

What are you fucking wibbling on about, of course the tories got back in after Thatcher had gone, but only because er Thatcher had gone.

The North Shropshire by-election is bad news for Johnson in the same way that the Eastbourne by-election was bad news for Thatcher, but I think that the North Shropshire by-election will make no difference to the medium-term electoral prospects of the Tories in the same way that the Eastbourne by-election made no difference to the medium-term electoral prospects of the Tories. I hope that makes sense.

18 minutes ago, deiseach said:

The North Shropshire by-election is bad news for Johnson in the same way that the Eastbourne by-election was bad news for Thatcher, but I think that the North Shropshire by-election will make no difference to the medium-term electoral prospects of the Tories in the same way that the Eastbourne by-election made no difference to the medium-term electoral prospects of the Tories. I hope that makes sense.

I dig.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:28, Bruce Spanner said:

In one/two years time Johnson will be discussed as one of the worst Prime Ministers the the UK ever had, once memories have settled he will be confirmed as the worst without exception.

History will not remember this absolutely inept, unsuitable, entitled, historical anachronist fucking chancer as anything other.

The only question is how hard he's destroyed and how many wade in, because it won't be pretty.

The thing is his 2 predecessors were unmitigated disasters too. Cameron slept walked us into Brexit and then didn't even have the balls to deal with his actions. May went to an election to increase her majority and walked out with a minority government propped up by the DUP and then preceded to lose support of her own back benches and lost more votes as a government than any government before. 

No matter what Johnson gets wrong, he will still go down for winning such a big majority and demolishing the red wall and will be able to use the pandemic as a defence of everything from there. 

I'm not saying he is not a disaster, it's just he has plenty of competition and that's just through the last decade. 

On 17/12/2021 at 12:58, Spy Bee said:

He said people should be looking at the NHS, not politicians. The fucking NHS is on the brink of collapse. Why would he encourage scrutiny there?

I would imagine because mainly everyone is afraid of criticising the NHS, so he can just go "vaccine, booster, heroes, saved the nation" and try and claim some reflected glory despite the NHS being an absolute shambles. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The thing is his 2 predecessors were unmitigated disasters too. Cameron slept walked us into Brexit and then didn't even have the balls to deal with his actions. May went to an election to increase her majority and walked out with a minority government propped up by the DUP and then preceded to lose support of her own back benches and lost more votes as a government than any government before. 

No matter what Johnson gets wrong, he will still go down for winning such a big majority and demolishing the red wall and will be able to use the pandemic as a defence of everything from there. 

I'm not saying he is not a disaster, it's just he has plenty of competition and that's just through the last decade. 

I would imagine because mainly everyone is afraid of criticising the NHS, so he can just go "vaccine, booster, heroes, saved the nation" and try and claim some reflected glory despite the NHS being an absolute shambles. 

You're right, of course he's not the worst, there's a long line of absoulte cunts that could stick their hat in that argument, but he is symbolic of how far democracy has been eroded when this absolute charlatan can hold high office.

He's just symbolic of the infantilisation of political discourse and the shady manipulation techniques used to angry up the rabble. I bet he has no idea how he got here, he just watched people do withcraft on laptops whilst he played the affable toff moron he's made his life's work and to his amazement people kept falling for it.

So perhaps not the worst, but by far the least suitable and dangerous to the position and so far beyond his abilities it's like appointing a child heir in a kingdom and then wondering why nap time is now mandated, joke all round.

Suppose history will look at his time as 'What the fuck was going on with humanity at this point, that's just fucking stupid. Him, that imbecile?'

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely that will depend on how Brexit goes over the next few years?

If it really does go tits up he will be seen as the man responsible for that.

I genuinely think he is the worst, Cameron is an utter cunt and austerity was one of the damaging policies the country has ever seen,but what this cunt has done is off the scale.

You could be here all day listing his fuck ups,lies and corruption. 

At some point, each of the last three PMs have been discussed as the worst PM in British history. Cameron for the unnecessary referendum, May for her inability to get a Brexit deal done and Johnson for corruption, lying and dragging politics down to its lowest level ever. We are in a shit cycle of British history, thanks to the Tories

• Upvote 2

Just now, PestiRed said:

At some point, each of the last three PMs have been discussed as the worst PM in British history. Cameron for the unnecessary referendum, May for her inability to get a Brexit deal done and Johnson for corruption, lying and dragging politics down to its lowest level ever. We are in a shit cycle of British history, thanks to the Tories

I thought may was just your average tory leader tbh,wasnt she against Brexit?

Personally I wouldnt have her alongside the likes of Cameron and this cunt.

31 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Prior to Johnson, she was ranked as the worst post-war. Personally I think Cameron got away lightly in this ranking

https://theconversation.com/theresa-may-joint-worst-post-war-prime-minister-say-historians-and-politics-professors-in-new-survey-163912

But regardless, when have we had three successive PMs with such disastrous records?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You're right, of course he's not the worst, there's a long line of absoulte cunts that could stick their hat in that argument, but he is symbolic of how far democracy has been eroded when this absolute charlatan can hold high office.

He's just symbolic of the infantilisation of political discourse and the shady manipulation techniques used to angry up the rabble. I bet he has no idea how he got here, he just watched people do withcraft on laptops whilst he played the affable toff moron he's made his life's work and to his amazement people kept falling for it.

So perhaps not the worst, but by far the least suitable and dangerous to the position and so far beyond his abilities it's like appointing a child heir in a kingdom and then wondering why nap time is now mandated, joke all round.

Suppose history will look at his time as 'What the fuck was going on with humanity at this point, that's just fucking stupid. Him, that imbecile?'

Well if we go far enough in the future, they will be astonished at our ability to believe we live in a democratic society, yet seemingly elect our leaders from mainly 1 school. He is undoubtedly unsuitable and incapable, but his schooling would suggest he ticks the most most important box of being qualified. 

52 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Surely that will depend on how Brexit goes over the next few years?

If it really does go tits up he will be seen as the man responsible for that.

I genuinely think he is the worst, Cameron is an utter cunt and austerity was one of the damaging policies the country has ever seen,but what this cunt has done is off the scale.

You could be here all day listing his fuck ups,lies and corruption. 

Cameron will still be the guy who brought us Brexit. It was an unnecessary vote and he did it because he was a coward, he was afriad of farage and the right of his party and he confirmed his cowardice when he walked away. 

52 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Spot on. 

49 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

But this is my point. I'm not talking about how they hurt us personally. That's not normally how leaders are measured, she was a failure and brought it all on herself. She had majority. She went to the electorate to get a mandate and a bigger majority to get Brexit through (trying not to have the shittest Brexit we got). She blew her campaign, made the press turn against her and almost let in Corbyn who was seen as so unelectable, the right wing press had barely started on him at that point. She then went on to lead a government that couldn't govern, because despite her DUP lock which should have provided stability, she couldn't retain the support of her own MPs. She lost vote after vote which in any other time of government would have brought a vote of no confidence, but the Tories were so afraid of Corbyn at that point, that wasn't possible - even though they knew the that would mean Johnson and they didn't want him either. At the time she was broadly seen as the worst PM ever, but we just don't remember because of the absurd specimen that replaced her and the monstrosity across the Atlantic at the same time. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well if we go far enough in the future, they will be astonished at our ability to believe we live in a democratic society, yet seemingly elect our leaders from mainly 1 school. He is undoubtedly unsuitable and incapable, but his schooling would suggest he ticks the most most important box of being qualified. 

Cameron will still be the guy who brought us Brexit. It was an unnecessary vote and he did it because he was a coward, he was afriad of farage and the right of his party and he confirmed his cowardice when he walked away. 

Spot on. 

But this is my point. I'm not talking about how they hurt us personally. That's not normally how leaders are measured, she was a failure and brought it all on herself. She had majority. She went to the electorate to get a mandate and a bigger majority to get Brexit through (trying not to have the shittest Brexit we got). She blew her campaign, made the press turn against her and almost let in Corbyn who was seen as so unelectable, the right wing press had barely started on him at that point. She then went on to lead a government that couldn't govern, because despite her DUP lock which should have provided stability, she couldn't retain the support of her own MPs. She lost vote after vote which in any other time of government would have brought a vote of no confidence, but the Tories were so afraid of Corbyn at that point, that wasn't possible - even though they knew the that would mean Johnson and they didn't want him either. At the time she was broadly seen as the worst PM ever, but we just don't remember because of the absurd specimen that replaced her and the monstrosity across the Atlantic at the same time. 

I'm certainly not defending her..she was hopelessly inept,yet I couldnt imagine her making gags about ventilators, or callous remarks about bodies being piled high  or being that arrogant about spending grands on wallpaper and not even bothering to pay for it herself.

This cunt is off the scale.

Even all the stuff that is largely going on under the radar thanks to covid,human rights,protesting ,dealing with immigrants etc

I personally this twat is worse than Thatcher.

15 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm certainly not defending her..she was hopelessly inept,yet I couldnt imagine her making gags about ventilators, or callous remarks about bodies being piled high  or being that arrogant about spending grands on wallpaper and not even bothering to pay for it herself.

This cunt is off the scale.

Even all the stuff that is largely going on under the radar thanks to covid,human rights,protesting ,dealing with immigrants etc

I personally this twat is worse than Thatcher.

If we're having a who's the worst human being contest, he's certainly streets ahead of Cameron and May. As for Thatcher, well times a great healer, so it's possible to mellow and not recall quite what a fucking cunt she was. In my opinion she would have had absolutely no qualms about letting this virus run, she wouldn't have just talked behind closed doors about herd immunity, she'd have encouraged covid parties and took pride in the deaths. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Mad isnt it?

Big chunks of the north east and Yorkshire still despise Thatcher 40 years later,yet huge swathes of them voted in her natural successor.

They were persuaded that Brexit would solve all their problems. Divide and conquer at its most malignant.

• Upvote 3