You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

10 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

?

What part of that isn't expressing concerns about not having the numbers? It's her central argument.

And my argument was not that she didn't express concerns, but that she didn't do so in a careful considered way, vocally or in her written reply which in particular is littered with point scoring. 

If she genuinely cares more about Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit, than her own political career then she should be accepting the olive branch, even cautiously, and reigning in the point scoring for a bit. 

Other political leaders and commentators have tried to appeal to her to review her stance and we'll see if that has any effect, but she's really done herself and the LDs no favours in the meantime. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

And my argument was not that she didn't express concerns, but that she didn't do so in a careful considered way, vocally or in her written reply which in particular is littered with point scoring. 

Only Labour could have the cheek to demand Swinson be nice about them when rejecting their ridiculous proposals after the absolute filth she's had to put up with from them for the past month.

You only need to go on Twitter right now to see how serious Labour are about a government of national unity.

20 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Only Labour could have the cheek to demand Swinson be nice about them when rejecting their ridiculous proposals after the absolute filth she's had to put up with from them for the past month.

You only need to go on Twitter right now to see how serious Labour are about a government of national unity.

We’re not gonna start comparing how much abuse they’ve received over the years are we? I mean there was even a lot of fanfare around here when Corbyn got punched in the head. 

Fuck me , that Ed Davey must have been useless.

Whats with all this ' Government of National Unity ' cobblers , I'm not aware of any Luftwaffe over the channel , it's just a convenient instrument for a couple of months to extend Article 50 & call an election. If it made anybody feel better I am sure a steering cabinet will be formed with Krankie , Swindon et al.

7 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Well I don't know what filth Corbyn has sent her way (enlighten me?) but I didn't say she should be nice about Labour, I said she should accept an olive branch without being a dick if she cares about Brexit as much as she and her party claims. I don't think she does, she can't after that reply otherwise her response would have been much more conciliatory, while maintaining some scepticism, others managed it. 

9 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Ah, yes. The "government of national unity" that's based on the premise that half the electorate don't count.

Which Labour MPs have been giving Swinson "filth"?

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ah, yes. The "government of national unity" that's based on the premise that half the electorate don't count.

Which Labour MPs have been giving Swinson "filth"?

Dianne Abbot sent her a picture of her cock

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Well I don't know what filth Corbyn has sent her way (enlighten me?) but I didn't say she should be nice about Labour, I said she should accept an olive branch without being a dick if she cares about Brexit as much as she and her party claims. I don't think she does, she can't after that reply otherwise her response would have been much more conciliatory, while maintaining some scepticism, others managed it. 

None whatsoever. He's making an utterly ridiculous, and irrelevant, point about some twats on twitter sending stuff. 

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, you've called 3 or 4 politicians sociopaths this last little while. If you call all of these people sociopaths people might just think that it's you saying 'they're twats', because the likelihood that everybody you don't like in politics is a sociopath is... low.

What's ridiculous about the overuse of something leading to the lessening impact? 

To be fair, "fascist" and "nazi" were getting a bit tired.

There's no way No Deal Brexit gets stopped unless Corbyn's on board. Labour are the official Opposition with 247 MPs. Swinson doesn't have to like him but she'll have to deal with him for a few weeks whilst they sort out an election and an extension to Article 50.

She managed 5 years with the 2nd worst Government in history voting cheerfully for austerity

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Why would we want a government of national unity made up of this rabble when they can't even come together to stop something they're all ideologically dead set against?

In simple terms a temporary solution purely to stop a no deal Brexit. 

4 hours ago, Boss said:

If this lot were in charge of the Rebel Alliance they would've disagreed on how to take out the Death Star's Shield Generator and fucked off back to their home planets to be vaporised. 

I know Corbyn looks like Obi Wan Kenobi, but I can’t help but picture him as Admiral Akbar in this situation.