You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The key for me is that the club needs an overhaul and has done for years. It needs a scouting system that works, it needs a better youth system and one that's more integrated with the first team, these are structural changes which Rogers may or may not be able to implement, but certainly as far as his CV is concerned it wouldn't appear that he is. This was 'fine' if we were going with FSG's supposed original plan of just having him as some kind of super coach - which I'm not sure would have worked anyway, a manager should manage, and he agrees it would seem.

So it begs the question, who will make these changes at the club which I'm sure most of us agree are needed? Presumably the DoF was going to do that but that all seems to have been shelved.

Again very true; as I've said there's so much that needs fixing it needs Einstein to choose where to begin, we're an absolute shambles. Brendan Rodgers? might as well have Kenny Rogers the result will be the same, no idea where we go from here, what I do know is the squad of player available is horrific, absolutely horrible.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely don't know one person, not one, who thinks we're top four material. NOBODY thinks we are, it's becoming a myth that our fans are under some kind of false illusion, we know we're shit, it's where we go from here that counts and some aren't impressed with the decisions made and furthermore they've every right not to be; agree or disagree but please stop with this "everybody needs to realise we're not great anymore " shite like we're all in some kind of sepia tinted trance, we all know we're fucking cack.

Loads have been saying it this week. You just have to read the match thread with people saying 'We'll batter these 4-0' and other delusional nonsense. People are talking about Gerrard like he's still 24 when he's quite clearly on the wane and wont be anywhere near the level he was.

People dont realise we are fairly shit and they still have fairly high expectations, because if they didnt have any expectations, they wouldnt expecting us to be brilliant.

Loads have been saying it this week. You just have to read the match thread with people saying 'We'll batter these 4-0' and other delusional nonsense. People are talking about Gerrard like he's still 24 when he's quite clearly on the wane and wont be anywhere near the level he was.

People dont realise we are fairly shit and they still have fairly high expectations, because if they didnt have any expectations, they wouldnt expecting us to be brilliant.

Nope, not having it. Everybody to a man that I know knows we're shit; there may be some who have false demands/expectations/hopes because of who we are, but I don't know one, and I know many, who thinks we are any good.

I think most people know the state we are in. I'd suggest most sane people know we're hardly the worst club in the league but far from in the best shape either.

Most sane people know its going to take time. But asking people to have faith and patience is a two way street.

We've had 2/3 years of asking for it and seen little in the way of real tangible change. I for one have faith, but my faith will be a lot stronger when I see someone stand up and actually start making the obvious changes and decision that need to be made.

There's immense problems when you're appointing an unproven manager of a massive club like this. When you've got pedigree, when you've won trophies and built successful sides people will quite simply give you more time - whether it's the fans, media, players or board - because they've seen what you can do and you've been proven.

Rogers is quite simply not qualified for the job. If he achieves something I'll be made up, but he has it all to do. When you've got no history to fall back on you've got to be out of the traps very quickly or you're fucked.

We'll be in one hell of a hole if, as they're well capable of doing, City turn up and smash us at Anfield.

When you've got no history to fall back on you've got to be out of the traps very quickly or you're fucked.

Very true, he must have been planning on taking something from this game given the upcoming schedule.

Still what is FSG going to do? No matter how bad we start they'll look like proper fools if the dump Rodgers after all the "manager of the future talk".

I'd say as long as he is above the drop zone FSG will back him.

Still thought we'd beat WBA.

Still what is FSG going to do? No matter how bad we start they'll look like proper fools if the dump Rodgers after all the "manager of the future talk".

I'd say as long as he is above the drop zone FSG will back him.

Yep.

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast.

The key for me is that the club needs an overhaul and has done for years. It needs a scouting system that works, it needs a better youth system and one that's more integrated with the first team, these are structural changes which Rogers may or may not be able to implement, but certainly as far as his CV is concerned it wouldn't appear that he is. This was 'fine' if we were going with FSG's supposed original plan of just having him as some kind of super coach - which I'm not sure would have worked anyway, a manager should manage, and he agrees it would seem.

So it begs the question, who will make these changes at the club which I'm sure most of us agree are needed? Presumably the DoF was going to do that but that all seems to have been shelved.

Overhaul? Another overhaul? please....

The reality is that there are not money to invest in the team, no director of football and the club is run by a local manager who was promoted to CEO with limiited knowledge in football and who hired a manager with ONE season experience in the premier league while Capello and Van Gaal were available.

I won't blame Rodgers at all. I don't even think it's Ayre's issue. They are all employees. At the end of the day the owners think that instead of hiriing World Class staff they can hire inexperienced people to run a club with a world class fan base and take it back to its glory days. Or they may not even care about taking it back to its glory days. In my opinion, they don't know what they are doing and they have the habit to point the finger to others for their own choices.

Edited by Nightcat

Thing is FSG probably went for him on the proviso he'd have some kind of heavyweight watching over him in the DOF role, but they scrapped that at his demand, which is totally fair enough from his point of view and I actually respect him more for that - but it changes the whole dynamic of what both the fans, and FSG thought they were getting. What we thought we'd have was some kind of power sharing arrangement with someone who had status and pedigree in the game helping to groom a young and completely unproven manager, what we've got - is a young and unproven manager.

I'm not a young man and I've been supporting this club for donkey's years. Some of the shite I'm reading here is frankly embarrassing.

Yeah Rodgers is a gamble, but so was Shanks, so was Paisley, so was Fagan and so was Kenny. Alot thought Souey would be brill for us and look how that turned out. For Christ's sake give him a bit of time. Don't let us become an even bigger laughing stock of a club than we seem to be becoming.

I'm not a young man and I've been supporting this club for donkey's years. Some of the shite I'm reading here is frankly embarrassing.

Yeah Rodgers is a gamble, but so was Shanks, so was Paisley, so was Fagan and so was Kenny. Alot thought Souey would be brill for us and look how that turned out. For Christ's sake give him a bit of time. Don't let us become an even bigger laughing stock of a club than we seem to be becoming.

Amen.

I'm sorry for starting this thread today, I really am. I genuinely don't want to be on the managers back but he's not good enough, not now anyway and what makes it a hundred times worse is the freaks that are supposed to be steering the ship are drunks, at best.

We are a clown outfit from top to bottom at the moment. I'm a 35yr old man(boy, admittedly) and l've spent all my life supporting the club and I'm desperately upset at the moment. I watch the interviews with the manager and the owners and they make me sick to my stomach. It's not even lies, it's simple incompetence. We are now on par with Bolton, Burnley and the likes and it hurts.

I'm sorry for starting this thread today, I really am. I genuinely don't want to be on the managers back but he's not good enough, not now anyway and what makes it a hundred times worse is the freaks that are supposed to be steering the ship are drunks, at best.

We are a clown outfit from top to bottom at the moment. I'm a 35yr old man(boy, admittedly) and l've spent all my life supporting the club and I'm desperately upset at the moment. I watch the interviews with the manager and the owners and they make me sick to my stomach. It's not even lies, it's simple incompetence. We are now on par with Bolton, Burnley and the likes and it hurts.

Sorry thats simply not true, at least in my opinion anyway.

Nor is Rodgers some clown who hasn't a hope.

The unfortunate cold hard truth is we're a club whos been stuck in a cycle of incompetence and poor decision making on and off the field for as many as 3 years now.

It looks like we're changing in some aspects and staying firmly stuck in others.

i.e. Giving games to players who simply should not be playing, not giving young talent enough chance to shine, playing players in positions when the team would be better off with them in other positions.

Rodgers has a chance to change a lot of things. In my opinion, the same logic that applied to Kenny applies to him.

If he starts making the decisions that need to be made and changes the things that need to change we'll become a real force again.

Sorry thats simply not true, at least in my opinion anyway.

Nor is Rodgers some clown who hasn't a hope.

The unfortunate cold hard truth is we're a club whos been stuck in a cycle of incompetence and poor decision making on and off the field for as many as 3 years now.

It looks like we're changing in some aspects and staying firmly stuck in others.

i.e. Giving games to players who simply should not be playing, not giving young talent enough chance to shine, playing players in positions when the team would be better off with them in other positions.

Rodgers has a chance to change a lot of things. In my opinion, the same logic that applied to Kenny applies to him.

If he starts making the decisions that need to be made and changes the things that need to change we'll become a real force again.

And if he doesn't? Kenny didn't and I love the man. It's all if's and buts and to be honest it's annoying to read it in every thread. Anybody that had a hand in Rafas execution needs to smother themselves. I don't post on here a lot because I can't be arsed with the nonsense that goes with it but FSG are a bunch of penny pinching cunts that think some magic fanny will arrive and make everything better. I fuckin hate them, every last one of them...

Relax guys...

Swansea got gubbed 4-0 in their first game of last season and still managed to finish mid-table.

I'm joking.

I think we all need to calm down a little bit, we're all very disappointed by that result and performace yesterday but let's not get too carried away.

Throw in a wonder goal, a couple of soft penalties and a sending off and that kind of reverse can happen, just look at Spurs away last season.

There seems to be a lot of 'fans' on here who are just waiting for Rogers to fail so they can turn around and say "I told you so"

Guest San Don
Thing is FSG probably went for him on the proviso he'd have some kind of heavyweight watching over him in the DOF role, but they scrapped that at his demand, which is totally fair enough from his point of view and I actually respect him more for that - but it changes the whole dynamic of what both the fans, and FSG thought they were getting. What we thought we'd have was some kind of power sharing arrangement with someone who had status and pedigree in the game helping to groom a young and completely unproven manager, what we've got - is a young and unproven manager.

I dont see how a DoF, whether that be LVG or even fucking ferguson himself, could have made one jot of difference to the result given dowd's decision to give 2 pens and a red card in 5 mins.

If people seriously think dowd or any other ef for that matter, would give us 3 such decisions in 5 minutes at Anfield, they are having a laugh and havent seen first hand some of the decisions dowd hasnt given us.

I thought we could have gone to 3 at the back after the sending off in an effort to try and get a draw but, the second pen 3 minutes later made that idea redundant.

People need to wise up we are on the end of shite decisions compared to the top 4 or 5 clubs now. Suarez a booking for questioning the lino? Good job Bellamy's left because dowd would \ should have sent him off with his record of having a go at all and sundry.

Im going to keep a close eye on the treatment Suarez gets this season. I suggest other do too.

They were two pens though, however harsh! The bookings were another matter, but this is Dowd we know what we get from him.

But, 1 nil down and Gerrard gives the ball away (again) and we are down to 10 men, we get away with the pen, but 10 minutes later Skrtel is caught on the ball (again) and we are 2-0 down and down to 10 men, we have a chance to put a little bit of doubt in their minds for the last 15 minutes but Suarez has another poor miss (again) by putting the ball over from 3 yards out, and then we concede the 3rd.

I said last year that I felt Kenny should have gotten into the players for the poor finishing rather than dismissing it as bad luck, and I think that needs to be done.

Nope, not having it. Everybody to a man that I know knows we're shit; there may be some who have false demands/expectations/hopes because of who we are, but I don't know one, and I know many, who thinks we are any good.

if you don't think we're any good why are you so unhappy we lost away to west brom? west brom are a mid table team and we're relegation fodder according to you.

you won't stop people from being optimistic and you won't stop people from giving the manager and players more than 1 game to prove themselves.

yesterday was embarrassing and everybody to a man is disappointed because it looks like nothing has changed from last season but to write the manager and season off after one game is absolutely criminal in my eyes.

I'm expecting a major reaction from the team against Hearts, City and Arsenal then let's see where we are.

I get the impression that those who see this result as confirmation of their negative opinion of the manager, would, had the result gone our way been very quick to point out it was only one match and that you can't judge any team on one match.

Shit result and poor performance, but Bolton won 4-0 at QPR last season on the opening day!

no but we are just about better than the likes of Stoke. we had our own little league and cup mini series with them last season which we won comfortably but we're not as good as chelsea or spurs. if we're in amongst chelsea and spurs when the league gets going then I'll be happy enough.

180 page manifesto? at least it shows he has really, really planned out what he wants to do here.

They were two pens though' date=' however harsh! The bookings were another matter, but this is Dowd we know what we get from him.

But, 1 nil down and Gerrard gives the ball away (again) and we are down to 10 men, we get away with the pen, but 10 minutes later Skrtel is caught on the ball (again) and we are 2-0 down and down to 10 men, we have a chance to put a little bit of doubt in their minds for the last 15 minutes but Suarez has another poor miss (again) by putting the ball over from 3 yards out, and then we concede the 3rd.

I said last year that I felt Kenny should have gotten into the players for the poor finishing rather than dismissing it as bad luck, and I think that needs to be done.[/quote']

Disagree about the pens,especially the first. The second one will mostly be given as the striker made sure he was contacted by the defender and this almost always guarantees a freekick/penalty.

The first decision was pathetic as contact was minimal,the striker got a shot in and there was no official in a good enough position to give the penalty and be sure it was.

That said,there were plenty of other reasons we lost too.