You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So is Tony Benn!

That doesn't mean Johnson will be! It really amazes me when people see an attacking full back and automatically think that he will be a good right winger!

This.

It fucking amazes me that Xerxes and thompsonsnose know better then Capello, Ranieri, Mourinho, Benitez, Redknapp and every other manager Johnson has played under. He ain't and never will be a winger in any guise. He's a fucking attacking full back, who actually showed some decent defensive form on the right side of defence last season.

We've got enough problems without shoving more round pegs in square holes.

This.

It fucking amazes me that Xerxes and thompsonsnose know better then Capello, Ranieri, Mourinho, Benitez, Redknapp and every other manager Johnson has played under. He ain't and never will be a winger in any guise. He's a fucking attacking full back, who actually showed some decent defensive form on the right side of defence last season.

We've got enough problems without shoving more round pegs in square holes.

All of whom probably had better options than Johnson in that position at that time.

As i said, we appear potless and unable to provide any better option than Downing who is stinking the place out.

We have 2 viable options to cover for Johnson at RB.

And yes one of them is Henderson, there's another round peg for you.

His stint at RB is the ONLY TIME he has impressed me so far.

We've got no money.

Maybe we have to adapt.

What is it about Johnson on the right wing that you don't like exactly?

What are his flaws.

Enlighten me.

Our midfielders are fine. Changing the system to accommodate playing Johnson out of position - which I think xerxes is suggesting - is self defeating.

Three of our midfielders are fine. Four at a push, if including Shelvey. Henderson, Spearing and Adam are utter shite.

Johnson is the best right back at the club, so I'd be tempted to keep him there as well.

Our midfielders are fine. Changing the system to accommodate playing Johnson out of position - which I think xerxes is suggesting - is self defeating.

Ground control to Major Tom, as it stands at the moment Johnson at full back is not a pressing concern I agree.

How the midfield, and attack is reshaped anyway, will be fascinating.Playing Allen regularly to dictate the rhythm of play is I think a given, who plays alongside him less certain.

Johnsons strengths, and weaknesses, are understood more clearly than you appreciate.

This is about where his strenghts can be maximised and his weaknesses minimised.

That Albion sought to succcessfully exploit the latter is all you need to know.

Albion did not exploit Johnson's weakness. Just look where the goals came from.

I think it was a mistake to play him on the left. He's never looked comfortable there defensively, and it cost us his attacking threat.

We beat ourselves Saturday. The biggest culprits being Gerrard (too many glory attempts) and Suarez with his misses.

Be interesting to see the line up for City.

Three of our midfielders are fine. Four at a push, if including Shelvey. Henderson, Spearing and Adam are utter shite.

Johnson is the best right back at the club, so I'd be tempted to keep him there as well.

Yep, agreed. Although I am willing to give Henderson a little longer before I write him off.

We need creative players, and pace, and goals. As someone said earlier, we need three more attacking players.

Yep, agreed. Although I am willing to give Henderson a little longer before I write him off.

We need creative players, and pace, and goals. As someone said earlier, we need three more attacking players.

I think it might have been me actually, and I agree with every word I said.

Albion did not exploit Johnson's weakness.

I was at the game and had lunch with two of their coaches beforehand on an exec.

They explained that Clarke had expected Johnson's forward runs to leave space at the back which the remaining defence would struggle to cover - and so it proved. No criticism of Johnson whatsover - he actually offered amongst our best options going forwards.

I was at the game and had lunch with two of their coaches beforehand on an exec.

They explained that Clarke had expected Johnson's forward runs to leave space at the back which the remaining defence would struggle to cover - and so it proved. No criticism of Johnson whatsover - he actually offered amongst our best options going forwards.

Did you have chicken nuggets and chips?

So two of West Brom's coaches divulged tactical secrets to you, a liverpool fan prior to the game?

Did they actually tell you they were coaches or were they just wearing tracksuits?

All of whom probably had better options than Johnson in that position at that time.

As i said, we appear potless and unable to provide any better option than Downing who is stinking the place out.

We have 2 viable options to cover for Johnson at RB.

And yes one of them is Henderson, there's another round peg for you.

His stint at RB is the ONLY TIME he has impressed me so far.

We've got no money.

Maybe we have to adapt.

What is it about Johnson on the right wing that you don't like exactly?

What are his flaws.

Enlighten me.

Didn't we just sign a Morrocan international winger?