You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He was incredible for Dortmund. He's a player, mate. A top class player at that. Like Alonso and Macherano rolled into one.

I have to believe you but if he hardly plays its not much of a transfer really is it?

We have signed far to many crocks in recent seasons such as Aquilani and Carroll alongside the brilliant Agger,who may have to make way as part of the financing of this deal.

I'm not filled with excitement with this but if he is a quality player I hope he stays fit for us.

I also must say that I havent seen many Turks make it outside their home country either.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I have to believe you but if he hardly plays its not much of a transfer really is it?

Why would he hardly play, because he was injured last season? He played around 40 games each season for the previous two seasons.

We have signed far to many crocks in recent seasons such as Aquilani and Carroll alongside the brilliant Agger,who may have to make way as part of the financing of this deal.

I'm not filled with excitement with this but if he is a quality player I hope he stays fit for us.

I also must say that I havent seen many Turks make it outside their home country either.

He's absolute quality. Fitness doesn't seem to have been too much of an issue before. Sometimes people just get injured.

And Mourinho wants rid because...?

Because he's going to have a midfield of Khedira, Alonso and Modric, and then Sahin would be competing for the leftover minutes with Ozil and Diarra. Sahin is too good to be sitting on the bench especially at this stage in his career.

If it's down to us and Arsenal for the Sahin loan, as the ITKs would have it, then I'm not sure he'll come here, but if he does it's a brilliant deal. Gives us 4 top quality CMs for 3 positions, allowing for a bit of rotation and injury cover. Then you have Shelvey and Henderson behind them, who shouldn't disrupt our new style of play if they come in, either. And, best of all, it allows us to sell Adam, and maybe Spearing as well though I'm less arsed about that.

Would be surprised if we got Sahin in now that we've signed Allen. Both players best position would be the position between Lucas and Gerrard.

Though we clearly need 4 very good players for 3 midfield positions to be able to handle rotation and injuries. Gerrard will miss games, and the others will need a rest now and again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Would be surprised if we got Sahin in now that we've signed Allen. Both players best position would be the position between Lucas and Gerrard.

Though we clearly need 4 very good players for 3 midfield positions to be able to handle rotation and injuries. Gerrard will miss games, and the others will need a rest now and again.

Sahin is a better for for Rodgers system than Lucas, with his ability to pass the ball forward. He's just as good defensively, too.

We need more, as you say, than just those three. If Lucas gets injured, we look to spearing. If Gerrard gets injured, we look to Jonjo. Injuries would cost us, so getting in the likes of Sahin and Dempsey would set us right up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Lucas

Sahin

Gerrard

That's the best midfield three with Sahin brought in. Can't see it happening for that very reason.

For somebody who claims to have watched 20 league games of Swansea under Rodgers, you've clearly no fucking idea how he plays. That midfield is all wrong.

Sahin is a better for for Rodgers system than Lucas, with his ability to pass the ball forward. He's just as good defensively, too.

We need more, as you say, than just those three. If Lucas gets injured, we look to spearing. If Gerrard gets injured, we look to Jonjo. Injuries would cost us, so getting in the likes of Sahin and Dempsey would set us right up.

I really doubt Sahin is more suited than Lucas for the primary defensive role. Sahin is for sure a better passer and certainly is more offensive minded, but i do not think he is as good as Lucas defensively, then i have obviously not watched Sahin as much as i have Lucas, just a couple of times for Real, more so with Dortmund. Have no doubt it would be a brilliant signing should it somehow come off though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I really doubt Sahin is more suited than Lucas for the primary defensive role. Sahin is for sure a better passer and certainly is more offensive minded, but i do not think he is as good as Lucas defensively, then i have obviously not watched Sahin as much as i have Lucas, just a couple of times for Real, more so with Dortmund. Have no doubt it would be a brilliant signing should it somehow come off though.

The reason I say he's better suited to the defensive role in a Rodgers' set-up is because we're going to be a more attacking unit. He can sit and 'destroy' in the same way Lucas can, but he can then add an entirely different attacking aspect from that position. He can also run passed players, carrying the ball from deep.

I like Lucas, but he's limited when working from that defensive position. I think Lucas is overrated by our fans and, as much as I like him, he's not the player Sahin is. If we could get him, and I doubt we can, he'd be a major coup for this football club.

13 Aug 2012 02:16:10

Ed002 following Macca's post, have you heard any whisperings of Nuri Sahin joining?

{Ed002's Note - There is clearly interest from Liverpool. Sahin has been angling for a move to AC Milan who are being cautious in the market or a return to Germany with Bayern Munich but there is no interest from them.

A move to Besiktas has been rejected although Galatasaray would like to take him to Turkey. There is confirmed interest from Spurs, Inter, Liverpool, MIlan and Arsenal although it looks like Manchester United has dropped the interest they had.

I understand that Miguel Pardeza would prefer to see a sale at an unrealistic price (As quoted to AC Milan) rather than a loan which others at Real MAdrid would prefer. As Spurs still have Modric, AC Milan, Arsenal and Liverpool seem to be the three options.}

There is a lot of interest for Sahin it appears. If we can pull this off then it will be the steal of this transfer window.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Nuri isn't really an anchor. He's more suited to being 'advanced' or in the 'Allen' role.

He's not Mascherano, but he is the type of player that would be classed as a defensive midfielder in a side like Barcelona or Spain, which is what we're looking at aiming for.

He's not one dimensional, I'd certainly agree with that.

He's not Mascherano, but he is the type of player that would be classed as a defensive midfielder in a side like Barcelona or Spain, which is what we're looking at aiming for.

He moves well, he passes REALLY well, he's physical enough, and defensively responsible.

I'm at a loss at a comparison... but he's definitely a talented player.

Is Sahin what we need? Really? We'd have to be selling Adam and Henderson then, there's no point at all in having those two knocking around on £50k a week and not even guaranteed a place on the bench.

It's not that I dont like Sahin, or would welcome a better quality midfield player to add to the squad, it's just that we seem too focused on what is already our strongest area of the field.

Is Sahin what we need? Really? We'd have to be selling Adam and Henderson then, there's no point at all in having those two knocking around on £50k a week and not even guaranteed a place on the bench.

It's not that I dont like Sahin, or would welcome a better quality midfield player to add to the squad, it's just that we seem too focused on what is already our strongest area of the field.

It's a loan, no?

With all due respect, you are wrong. I watched Klopp's dortmund quite a bit a couple of years ago, and Bender or Kehl played the defensive midfielder role and Sahin was free to roam..

With all due respect, you are wrong. I watched Klopp's dortmund quite a bit a couple of years ago, and Bender or Kehl played the defensive midfielder role and Sahin was free to roam..

I think what he means is... Sahin isn't poor defensively, which he isn't, because yeah... He clearly didn't play as a "DM".

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I watch Klopp's Dortmund too, he played alongside Bender, as Bender's 'Alonso' in a 4-2-3-1 (it was similar to Masch and Alonso), but you're missing my point: I actually said that "he is the type of player that would be classed as a defensive midfielder in a side like Barcelona or Spain".

Considering Mascherano often plays as a centre back, I think you're going to have a tough job convincing me of my wrongness. I'm not saying he's what Mascherano was under Rafa, because he isn't. I'm saying he'll be the defensive player in a side that we're trying to emulate. It'd be him, Allen and Gerrard in a three. In a 4-2-3-1, it'd be different.

Not sure who this macca is, but I do enjoy rumours and ITK chat. Within reason

Sahin and Dempsey would be welcome, but Agger leaving is an issue given the age of Jamie and the fact that Coates is a two-mistake-a-game defender, who, unlike Rio or any other young defender who had issues with concentration, is also slow.

You get out of trouble when you make lots of mistakes if you have pace. Coates has none.

Will never make it, so if we sell Agger, we need a replacement.

we also need more CM cover, if only to ensure Horrenderson doesn't play, so I welcome Sahin. Or anyone really

I agree with all that. Selling Agger would be total lunacy.

I'm also not impressed bu Coates at all. Be amazed if he makes it here and that price was criminal.