You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Fix Predix' - 2012-13

thechap

I have invented a new game which I hereby share with the the TLW FF. I call it 'Fix Predix'. © thechap games ltd.

Write down what you predict will be Liverpool's first five league game fixtures of the coming season and whether they will be away or at home. You are awarded points depending on how accurate your predictions are.

List your predictions from 1-5 (1 obviously being the first game and 5 the fifth) and tot your points up after game 5. The TLWer with the most points at the end is God of TLW and should be praised and worshipped for the rest of the season. Unless they are a twat.

Here is the points system;

Get the full fixture correct (correct opposition and correct venue) = 7 points

Get the fixture correct but the venue incorrect = 4 points

Get the fixture incorrect but the home/away correct = 1 point

You can only be awarded ONE of the above scores per fixture.

There is an additional bonus score. If one of your 1-5 predictions appears anywhere else in the 1-5 (ie your fixture 1 prediction actually happened in fixture 4) you get a bonus of 2 points.

ie if in fixture 1 you predict Swansea v Liverpool but that game actually gets played in fixture 4, you would be awarded a bonus of 2 points. To be awarded this bonus, your prediction has to be exact. You will get no bonus points if you predicted fixture 1 as Swansea v Liverpool and fixture 4 was Liverpool v Swansea.

I have set it as five fixtures only so it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to set up and isn't too complicated. Anyone who argues about the points system can sod off - it's just for fun.

Right, I'm going first.

1 - Reading v Liverpool

2 - Liverpool v Swansea

3 - Chelsea v Liverpool

4 - West Ham v Liverpool

5 - Liverpool v Man City

Just to clarify thechap, is this as the fixture computer (totally random, not influenced by SKY or Alex Ferguson no siree) puts them out before Europa League games are taken into account?

edit. Scrub that question, just checked and PL fixtures should be out before UEFA ones.

Manchester City v Liverpool

Liverpool v Reading

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Everton v Liverpool

Liverpool v Sunderland