You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst physical pain you have ever experienced?

Philbert

Gallstones

Woke 11pm on thursday night in agony.

Vomiting all night long and crippling pain in stomach. Started to ease by 1pm friday but not enough to sleep till around 4. Not too bad saturday then early hours sunday morning started again. Ended up in hospital on painkillers and fluid drips till yesterday afternoon. Now waiting for a daye to have my gallbladder removed

Hope you're feeling better fella. This exact same thing happened to my missus. Horrible to see. She was lucky because they just booked her straight in for the surgery and whipped it straight out, no waiting around.

A few things:

Had me tonsils out a few years back. They'd decided no ice cream. Instead they went for dry toast to help scrape away any possible infection! That hurt like fuck.

Broke both bones in my shin when I was younger after getting hit by a car. Bone was bulging at the skin, but didn't quite burst through. No ambulance around, so a passerby lifted me up with no support for my leg, and sat me in his backseat for the 25 minute journey to the hospital. Didn't even lie me down! That hurt like fuck too!

Probably the worst though was I bit a chunk out of my tongue and it needed to be stitched. The nurse had to hold my tongue out with like a vice grips and the doc went to work. Needed 3 stitches, but the little hook thing wasn't strong enough to get through the tongue. So he had to get a syringe to punch 6 holes before he could start stitching. The rinsing 3 times a day with salt water for a few weeks after was no walk in the park either!

Speaking of paper cuts. Had a "tight foreskin" before getting a job done on it. Every time I had sex I used to get multiple little rips like paper cuts on the aul soldier. Fucking agony.

Suffer from that myself. Always thought about getting the job done, but feel weird about it.

Gallstones

Vomiting all night long and crippling pain in stomach. Started to ease by 1pm friday but not enough to sleep till around 4. Not too bad saturday then early hours sunday morning started again. Ended up in hospital on painkillers and fluid drips till yesterday afternoon. Now waiting for a daye to have my gallbladder removed

That sounds grim. Hope you're not waiting too long for your treatment

• 4 months later...

Gallstones

Fuck.

An indication of how unwell Lee was to become.

Guest Pistonbroke

Gallstones

My missus went through the same thing whilst we were holiday in Bulgaria in the late 90's. I told her to stop fucking moaning and man up. She saw a doctor the next morning and I was whinging about the cost of the tablets he gave her as we were due to fly back the next day and the tablets would have been a shit load cheaper. The minute we were back on German soil she was in bits due to the flight and was rushed off to hospital and had her gall bladder removed.

Pretty straight forward operation. The biggest shitter is you have to be careful what you eat from there on in, spicy stuff is a deffo no no. 

My missus went through the same thing whilst we were holiday in Bulgaria in the late 90's. I told her to stop fucking moaning and man up. She saw a doctor the next morning and I was whinging about the cost of the tablets he gave her as we were due to fly back the next day and the tablets would have been a shit load cheaper. The minute we were back on German soil she was in bits due to the flight and was rushed off to hospital and had her gall bladder removed.

Pretty straight forward operation. The biggest shitter is you have to be careful what you eat from there on in, spicy stuff is a deffo no no. 

The second biggest shitter is having to listen to them complain about having to be careful about what they eat from there on in.

Into infinity.

The second biggest shitter is having to listen to them complain about having to be careful about what they eat from there on in.

Into infinity.

Cant be doing with people with longstanding medical conditions that constantly have to let you know what they cant do/eat/that they're just about to take their tablets. Just get on with it like everyone else, would yer

Guest Pistonbroke

Cant be doing with people with longstanding medical conditions that constantly have to let you know what they cant do/eat/that they're just about to take their tablets. Just get on with it like everyone else, would yer

Have I ever told you why I can't eat Beetroot?

No, because it is fucking gipping!! 

1" gash in my arse that, through infection, developed into a huge exterior hemorrhoid. Had to have a week off work shoving little wax bullets up my bum twice a day. It was so painful that I couldn't sit down, in fact I couldn't even lay on my back. As you can no doubt imagine, having a poo was almost unbearable.

Weird job that, no wonder you got piles. 

• Upvote 6

I've an abscess on a broken wisdom tooth breaking through.

Rum, vodka and cider are not touching it. I think the only option to relieve the pain is to kill someone.

I had that a few years ago smack bang in the middle of a two week holiday, things like ibuprofen and alcohol worka bit but are then useless. Cocodamol work best for a while but again soon becomes ineffective. Worst holiday ever.

I had that a few years ago smack bang in the middle of a two week holiday, things like ibuprofen and alcohol worka bit but are then useless. Cocodamol work best for a while but again soon becomes ineffective. Worst holiday ever.

My gum 'burst' this morning when brushing my teeth and a load of blood and some of the infection came out.

The pain was something I've never experienced in my life.

Guest Pistonbroke

For excruciating pain was when I smashed my big toe playing a certain sport. Now the operation was no problem as they gave me an epidural and that was a piece of piss. When I awoke I was in fucking agony but my manly side thought "Don't call a nurse as she'll think you are a pussy. After about 2 hours of biting my lip and clenching the side of the bed I thought fuck this and pressed the buzzer. This nurse turned up and then called for one of the surgeons who had operated on me as she was amiss as to why I was in fucking agony. When he turned up he looked at my notes and went ballistic at this nurse telling her that there should be morphine in my drip and not the fucking equivalent of fucking paracetamol! No wonder I was in fucking agony.

When I went to have the screws and plate removed they gave me local anaesthetic which was administrated by putting needles in my foot, when these needles hit the bone I felt like twatting the doctor, that was the worse pain I have experienced in my life, 5 times he stuck needles in the sadistic bastard!! Thank fuck the pain was only for about 5 minutes as then the anaesthetics kicked in.  

Was carrying a sliding door to fit it when it slipped and fell in my big toe, breaking it clean in 2 lines. Couldn't walk or work for 2 months.

Also have slipped discs T8-T9 and L4-L5. Had injections into the spinal bones, facet joints. Sore as fuck. 2 years later and I still have back problems and likely will for life.

I can still wank though so it's not life threatening.

• Upvote 1

Never suffered it thank the Lord but I've read Cluster Headaches are the greatest physical pain known to mankind. I hope never to put this theory to the test. Worst pain I've personally suffered was a quite horrendous ear infection which forced my left ear to literally move away from my head, like a car door being opened, I was a grown man at the time and the pain reduced me to tears, it was horrific, still partially deaf in it to this day.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Another pain which was pretty unbearable was something I had about 10 years ago. I yawned and all of a sudden I had excruciating pain in my neck shoulders and all down my left arm, it was that bad it forced me to my knees and I thought I was having an heart attack, within about 10 seconds I was back to normal and could breath. About an hour later the same thing happened again but I was driving, I was lucky I was just going slowly and managed to brake and swerve off the road. Went to the doctors and explained everything and ended up having shit loads of tests. They said my heart was OK which was a huge relief and were baffled as to why it was happening, I went through about 2 months of this happening on a daily basis, I was shit scared to yawn, sneeze or stretch. I knew it wasn't heart related so just put up with the short pain knowing it would disappear quickly. 

My GP then sent me to an orthopaedic surgeon who took a full skeletal CT scan and they noticed I had fucked one of my vertebrates in my neck, God knows how I had done this. They said two of them had come together in a trauma and a bit of bone had chipped away from the upper one and was basically floating in my neck, the distance it travels per year is minimal but when it is in the vicinity of a nerve you get the bursts of excruciating pain I was having. They said it was operable to remove but far too risky as I could end up with worse damage. Thankfully I haven't experienced the pain for quite some years now, but it is like a ticking bomb as it will no doubt get near a nerve again at some point which will mean a year of fucking pain until it moves away from it.