You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck and off.

So, this "mental fragility" in drawn games of a series that you've otherwise comprehensively won 0-2 away against the No 1 team in the world... really needs working on, doesn't it?

I don't want to hear another bad word against Broad on here again, you ungrateful English whinging cunts.

Anyone does, I get out the red gun, and that's not to be taken lightly, because I NEVER get out the red gun.

Congrats, England.

You are a gem, Broad.  A gem.

Very very well played.

You've beaten the best team in the world away, comprehensively.

They are miles away from being the best team in the world. 

I am however very much enjoying it and enjoying this new brand of English cricket. The knock between Stokes and Root exemplified the character of this team I think.

Great catch from Morkel just then.

They are miles away from being the best team in the world. 

I am however very much enjoying it and enjoying this new brand of English cricket. The knock between Stokes and Root exemplified the character of this team I think.

Great catch from Morkel just then.

Yes mate. But they are ranked No 1, based on results.

A certain round ball team I follow weren't anywhere near the best team in Europe when they won a certain final in Istanbul either, but I bet the "better" Italian team they beat would still have rather won that game.

Anyhow, yep, enjoy.

A brilliant performance from you English cunts this.

Broad's always been capable of spells like this - he's just become much more economical in the innings without them than he used to be.

Good times to be an English cricket fan. Two players in the ranks who can more-or-less win a match in a session: Broad with the ball and Stokes with the bat (and Stokes can surely improve further). The middle order looks solid, Root is one of the best batsmen around and we've also a decent battery of swing bowlers. Some question marks over one opener and a spinner, but openers don't exactly grow on trees and Ali is solid enough with the bat to make his spin bowling worth persevering with (he's doing more than Giles with bat and not much less than him with ball either, and we stuck with him as he was just in the side to give the quicks a rest).

Still lots of room for improvement, but a really competitive (and suddenly likeable) side...

England & New Zealand are the only entertaining Test teams around at present.  There's no reason why England can't regain the number 1 status and keep it for a prolonged period.  A top class spinner and opener still remain our biggest question marks.  Can Hales & Moen grow into those players.

Very good away series win for England but i was very disappointed with South Africa. 

Great Test series win abroad; been pretty convincing in the three tests apart from a couple of days during the second. It was good to see numerous players chip in with key performances, not just relying on Anderson to bowl a team out or Cook/Root to hit a double century. Looking to the summer tests, I'd keep the same team and hope that Hales can play in a couple of County games beforehand.

Only concern was Anderson, who I think was not fully fit coming back into the team - it's why I suggested maybe Woakes should have remained in the team. He was a good 4mph down on his average pace during this match.

England & New Zealand are the only entertaining Test teams around at present.  There's no reason why England can't regain the number 1 status and keep it for a prolonged period.  A top class spinner and opener still remain our biggest question marks.  Can Hales & Moen grow into those players.

Very good away series win for England but i was very disappointed with South Africa. 

Yes, a 5-Test Series between England and NZ round about now would be fucking boss, Georgie.

But that wouldn't suit the ICC at all.