You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

5 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am not sure there are many who think he is a nice old man. To a lot of football fans he is just irrelevant. Fulham fans might have a soft spot for him, along with Palace fans but it looks like he is on course to fucking up his name at Palace too.

England fans are knobheads but there can't be many to still like him. Most will either be in the 'he is a cunt' or 'he is history, don't give a fuck' camp.

I have this week had a few beers with both a Fulham and palace fan. The palace fan was getting towards where we were. The Fulham fan, while not only liking him for what he did there, actually thought he was right in calling out the fans last week, which I thought a bit weird. 

On 11/12/2023 at 23:03, Code said:

Sorry, but Hodgson was in Norway for one and a half season, he had no influence on Norwegian football at all.  He finished 5th with Viking FK in his only full season and  9th when he took charge halfway through the first. 

He had a great career in Sweden in the late 70’s and 80’s though, winning the league 7 times with two different clubs.

Getting to the Europa League final with Fulham was pretty good though, no doubt about that. 

I could not believe we appointed him at the time, hewas a manager suited ti set up his teams not to lose, not to set up his teams to win, I said so at the time.

IMG_9579.jpeg

Yes then like always Norway copied Sweden.

On 11/12/2023 at 23:03, Code said:

Sorry, but Hodgson was in Norway for one and a half season, he had no influence on Norwegian football at all.  He finished 5th with Viking FK in his only full season and  9th when he took charge halfway through the first. 

He had a great career in Sweden in the late 70’s and 80’s though, winning the league 7 times with two different clubs.

Getting to the Europa League final with Fulham was pretty good though, no doubt about that. 

I could not believe we appointed him at the time, hewas a manager suited ti set up his teams not to lose, not to set up his teams to win, I said so at the time.

IMG_9579.jpeg

Yes then like always Norway copied Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm 76 years of age. I've been working 47 years, I've got a CBE for my services and I've got a CV which is incredible," 

What a cunt he is

Hasn't won a trophy in over 20 years. Only won 1 trophy in the 90s. 

Hasn't won a trophy outside of Denmark,Sweden or Switzerland

Failed at Inter, failed at Liverpool. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

"I'm 76 years of age. I've been working 47 years, I've got a CBE for my services and I've got a CV which is incredible," 

What a cunt he is

Hasn't won a trophy in over 20 years. Only won 1 trophy in the 90s. 

Hasn't won a trophy outside of Denmark,Sweden or Switzerland

Failed at Inter, failed at Liverpool. 

He did a smashing job at Blackburn too. He's one of the biggest frauds in football. 

One of many things that annoys me that really shouldn't, but has been very apparent recently - whenever Jurgen snaps back at some snide question he's a prickly bully, but whenever Hodgson does it (which is most weeks) it's "ho ho good ol' Roy, tells it like it is, what a character!!"

Bunch of pricks.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Sparky said:

One of many things that annoys me that really shouldn't, but has been very apparent recently - whenever Jurgen snaps back at some snide question he's a prickly bully, but whenever Hodgson does it (which is most weeks) it's "ho ho good ol' Roy, tells it like it is, what a character!!"

Bunch of pricks.

You are surprised that the British media are a load of xenophobes? Welcome to the UK!

• Upvote 2

On 15/12/2023 at 07:32, Barrington Womble said:

I have this week had a few beers with both a Fulham and palace fan. The palace fan was getting towards where we were. The Fulham fan, while not only liking him for what he did there, actually thought he was right in calling out the fans last week, which I thought a bit weird. 

The Fulham view I can understand: their narrative is we stole him away before he could lead them to greater things. Palace have had him there long enough to realise he's a massive fraud.

He seems to want eternal credit for being one of the few English managers to work abroad in the 90s. Probably sees himself as an innovative because the English game was insular and mainly kick and rush before the influx of foreign players and managers. 

He's been able to keep this myth going even though he's won nothing of any note abroad and when he's managed teams in the Premier League his style has been boring and negative with no tactical masterplan outwitting other managers. Constantly plays everything down so when he does achieve anything other than the bare minimum he's seen as a genius. 

Absolute disaster as an England manager which should have finished him off but for some reason people keep employing him because he's been around for years so his experience is seen as a safe pair of hands. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

He seems to want eternal credit for being one of the few English managers to work abroad in the 90s. Probably sees himself as an innovative because the English game was insular and mainly kick and rush before the influx of foreign players and managers. 

He's been able to keep this myth going even though he's won nothing of any note abroad and when he's managed teams in the Premier League his style has been boring and negative with no tactical masterplan outwitting other managers. Constantly plays everything down so when he does achieve anything other than the bare minimum he's seen as a genius. 

Absolute disaster as an England manager which should have finished him off but for some reason people keep employing him because he's been around for years so his experience is seen as a safe pair of hands. 

His legacy would have some merit had he won anything of consequence . Spent decades hanging around spreading mediocrity throughout all the clubs stupid enough to hire him  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Palace have decent fans, so naturally they dislike Hodgson and he dislikes them:

https://www.flashscore.com/news/soccer-premier-league-roy-hodgson-issues-rallying-cry-to-ultra-critical-crystal-palace-fans/IwVwo6dU/

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson (76) has urged disgruntled fans not to turn their backs on the Premier League side, which is in danger of slipping into a relegation dogfight after a poor run of results left them languishing in 15th place.

Palace fans have protested against the club's owners, with the latest criticism coming after their 4-1 thrashing this month by bitter rivals Brighton & Hove Albion.

Hodgson, who has managed England and Liverpoolamong several other clubs, said his team cannot lose the backing of their supporters when they host Chelsea in a London derby on Monday.

Fans "are the people that we cannot afford to have turned against us because we need them", Hodgson told reporters. "It's been the toughest period of my career for one reason, and that is that the fans have turned so much against us.

"If we're going to win the games and this team is going to do well, they're not going to be able to do it if the fans are going to be constantly up in arms about everything that's happening."

To make matters worse for Palace, they will be without injured duo Eberechi Eze and Michael Olisewhen they take on 11th-placed Chelsea at Selhurst Park.

"We in particular need (supporters) now because we are in a very weakened situation, and we could do with their assistance and sympathy, because there will be players playing on Monday night that have not played that many games in the Palace first team," Hodgson said.

"They're going to need a sympathetic eye rather than the ultra-critical."

He's given us some of the best gifs ever and, as ever any fucking chance to post this I will

That said, the cunt should never have been near this club. One of the darkest 6 months in this clubs history. When grown men cried seeing Kenny walk out of that tunnel at Old Trafford it tells you all you need to know. We had our club back. 

• Like 1