You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I'll give Dyke this, he acted swiftly and decisively. He must have watched Costa Rica take the lead and knew full well that if they got a result the questioning of Hodgson's position would intensify. By announcing at half-time that Hodgson will see out his tenure he's killed any chance of speculation.

I'll give Dyke this, he acted swiftly and decisively. He must have watched Costa Rica take the lead and knew full well that if they got a result the questioning of Hodgson's position would intensify. By announcing at half-time that Hodgson will see out his tenure he's killed any chance of speculation.

It was shithouse timing and sums up the whole sorry affair perfectly.

The FA - where failure is instantly rewarded.  

It doesn't really matter who I'd pick, does it?  I'm some bloke on a forum.  But look at what those players have won between them - nearly everything going.  It's a great set of players, so they should do better.  A nice mix of youth (Sterling), experience (Gerrard. Rooney), a goalkeeper who has rediscovered his best club form etc.  There is plenty to work with there so I think a different manager would do better. 

The lowering of expectations by Hodgson is unforgivable but that's his MO.  

I read a article today that said at the last tournament 9 out of the 11 had been to at least the semi final of the Champions league this time it was 3.

Don't quote me because I am relying on memory. But you get my drift.

Roy has been opporating well outside his comfort zone. But he is at our level.

I read a article today that said at the last tournament 9 out of the 11 had been to at least the semi final of the Champions league this time it was 3.

Don't quote me because I am relying on memory. But you get my drift.

Roy has been opporating well outside his comfort zone. But he is at our level.

Well Roy left Terry (who is obviously better than Cahill) and Ashley Cole at home so there's two more who could have helped him.  Michael Carrick should also be in the squad.  

Roy chose youth because he likes to shift the blame away from himself.  He bottled out of the Terry situation.  John Terry is a twat but for me he should be England captain, as he leads brilliantly from the back and is used to playing in big pressure games.   

This shit about him being 'bold' is what pisses me off. If he was bold he would have played a front 6 of Gerrard, Hendo, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling and Sturridge. Instead he picked 3 centre forwards and played his best one out of position. It was idiotic, not brave.

Why sack him? Who gets the job? Gary Neville.

Much as I dislike everything about him the change in expectation his prolonged reign will bring may be a bit more realistic. England are shite. Paisley couldn't change that.

I'd take pretty much anybody over Hodgson mate, he's a shambles in just about every single department.

The problem they have is that they would struggle to get a really good manager. Now I don't rate Hodgson but who else could they realistically get? I can understand them sticking but I don't expect them to improve markedly

Taking a punt on a half decent young Championship manager that plays good football would be a much better option than sticking with that old ming.

I can't believe I'm getting shit for defending Roy because he didn't pick Terry.

That's fair enough but that is the whole problem with the national set up. A manger should be able to plan for 5-10 years not just have to do enough to save his job every match.

Not giving you shit at all.  If you don't think the players can cut it I respect that, but I think they're better than what we've seen and for me the cause is the manager. 

• Upvote 1