You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is this any good?

POOOS

Nerds and nerdesses,

I've had my computer for nigh on 4 years and it's defo time for a new one. The missus' work are doing a thing at the mo where she can get a PC/laptop and they take the money out of her wages over 3 years.

I like the look at this one, but is it decent?

HP Omni 100-5130UK Desktop PC 20" (AMD Athlon II, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I only use my PC for internet, watching DVDs/videos and occasional stuff using Office. This suitable?

It's a decent PC, but I would go to the Dell website and design and build my own. You will probably get a better one for the same price, or even less if your prepard to use your old monitor.

Here is a much more powerfull PC for £430: Dell XPS 8300 Details | Dell UK

it doesn't include a monitor but you can buy good one for about £100 from PC world.

Dell make excellent Pc's and laptops.

I can't comment on the laptops, but I do know that they make PCs which are designed to prevent you ever upgrading them yourself, due to the case construction. In other words, probably okay for business customers, but awful for the bloke in the street.

For that alone, I wouldn't even consider them.

I can't comment on the laptops, but I do know that they make PCs which are designed to prevent you ever upgrading them yourself, due to the case construction. In other words, probably okay for business customers, but awful for the bloke in the street.

For that alone, I wouldn't even consider them.

Never heard of that myself personally, but I am sure you can still upgrade them yourself if you desired.

Dell make excellent Pc's and laptops.

4 dell laptops

XPS M1730 - two graphics cards died within weeks of each other followed by the ram and motherboard (£1800 laptop that died weeks after the warranty was up.

Studio 15 - 2 faulty power packs followed by a battery that lost it's charge and now can only be run through mains.

2 dell 1535's - one battery died, mouse pad on the second stopped working starting with the left mouse button.

Yeah, they're fucking great.

4 dell laptops

XPS M1730 - two graphics cards died within weeks of each other followed by the ram and motherboard (£1800 laptop that died weeks after the warranty was up.

Studio 15 - 2 faulty power packs followed by a battery that lost it's charge and now can only be run through mains.

2 dell 1535's - one battery died, mouse pad on the second stopped working starting with the left mouse button.

The graphics cards aren't built by dell, and neither are the RAM or motherboard so that could have happened to any machine made by anyone.

The power supplys and betteries are made by Dell, but the look of the draw states that could have also happened to any manufacturers machine.

And why did you keep buying them if they didn't work?

4 dell laptops

A couple of years ago the last company I worked for switched wholesale to IBM for much the same reason.

4 dell laptops

Agreed, two words for Dell, Fuckin shite.

Build your own, or if you have to buy one try HP, far better support and expandability.