You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Isn't he the one with the private jet?

Apparently many of the wealthy Romans didn't even believe in the gods, they just thought it was a good way to string the plebs along.

I’ve been watching a fair whack of theological debates online recently - decent to watch on then bike trainer while locked down.

‘The hierarchical approach of gods amongst pagans in Ancient Rome and Greece was scorned by monotheists and I remember it from school history (Christian  brothers school) that the scorn lasted to the present that they would pray for  different things for different gods.

Then I thought back to my Nan, who used to do Novenas to different saints for different shit, and how there is a patron saint for archery, one for the sick, one for the poor, and it’s the same gig as the pagans repackaged.

I think the idea of God has changed a lot since Roman times, they were believed to have once been mortal, the omnipotent father in the sky thing is a bit later.

Francesca Stavrokopoulois has a book coming out later this year on the body of god. Should be good, she’s fucking smart and tasty.

One of the main reasons the evangelicals support him is that he's given them 2 supreme court judges who are both extreme right wingers themselves and are both vehemently pro life. They see that as the key to instigating their word view and abortion is the highest on their list of priorities to get overturned. I'm amazed it hasn't already happened, but roe v wade will be tested severely if the orangutan gets in again.

That cunt jerry fallwell was one of the key men to organise the Christian right into the most powerful voting block in America in the 50s and 60s and they've infested American politics ever since. They've played a brilliant long game to give them their dues and they have been proselytising to their flock for years on who to vote for, contrary to all laws that prohibit that.

What a completely fucked up country and its only going to get worse, no matter what side wins

8 hours ago, niallers said:

One of the main reasons the evangelicals support him is that he's given them 2 supreme court judges who are both extreme right wingers themselves and are both vehemently pro life. They see that as the key to instigating their word view and abortion is the highest on their list of priorities to get overturned. I'm amazed it hasn't already happened, but roe v wade will be tested severely if the orangutan gets in again.

That cunt jerry fallwell was one of the key men to organise the Christian right into the most powerful voting block in America in the 50s and 60s and they've infested American politics ever since. They've played a brilliant long game to give them their dues and they have been proselytising to their flock for years on who to vote for, contrary to all laws that prohibit that.

What a completely fucked up country and its only going to get worse, no matter what side wins

DD8A6BE4-033A-40CD-9626-D13AA84DB6BB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Trumps post convention survey. Just in case you think it's a piss take, it's not. Well it is, but it's not meant to be.

https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Where’s the Do you believe Donald J. Trump is a lying, racist, sexist, fascist piece of shit who is not fit to hold the office of President of the United States of America question? 

Hoping this is true and Moore is just trying to guard against complacency. Sadly I think Black fellas getting killed and the resulting fallout has presented Trump with an issue to campaign on, like 'the wall'. Racism wrapped up in the cloke of order and security as opposed to the 'radical left' who will 'de fund the police'. 

If the cunt wins again though I'm gonna be beyond gutted, it's proper fall of civilisation shit. 

American historian Allan Lichtman has correctly predicted every U.S. presidential election winner since 1984, and this year he says Democratic nominee Joe Biden will be the next president of the United States.

"I am predicting, contrary to my 2016 predictions, that with seven keys out against him -- one more than is needed to predict his defeat -- Trump is going to lose this time," Lichtman told CTV's Your Morning on Thursday.

Lichtman was one of the only forecasters who predicted U.S. President Donald Trump's victory in 2016. At the time he also correctly predicted that Trump would be impeached.

"In 2016 I defied all the conventional wisdom and made myself very unpopular in 90 per cent plus Democratic Washington, D.C. by predicting a Trump victory," Lichtman said.

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Micheal Moore has said Trump will win, again, and handsomely.

I hope against hope he’s wrong, but he called it last time.

The US voting system is totally fucked. Hillary Clinton actually won more votes overall in the last election but because trump won more votes in the 'Battleground States', that resulted in his election. I don't know how that can be seen as representative of America that only certain states actually count.