You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Birmingham home match thread

fowler9

Fuck me, a Saturday 3pm kickoff? What is the world coming to?

I have bad memories of us playing against this lot. Like MLB said, it seems like one of their rather average cloggers always pulls it out against us. I always fancy us to beat them, and then we don't.

So on that note, I'm going to predict a draw, by which I mean I'm going to trick the gods of fate and ensure we give them a good hiding. Suarez to do a backflip over two defenders and do back-heel keepy-ups into the goal in the 28th minute.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who do you prefer in that position?

Nobody. We can't play a decent 4-4-2 because we don't have any wide players.

As wide forwards in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 we can use Kuyt and Suarez, or if need be, Maxi.

I think the narrow 4-4-2 we sometimes attempt is woeful.

Fuck me, a Saturday 3pm kickoff? What is the world coming to?

I have bad memories of us playing against this lot. Like MLB said, it seems like one of their rather average cloggers always pulls it out against us. I always fancy us to beat them, and then we don't.

So on that note, I'm going to predict a draw.

We haven't beaten them at home for years, so I agree with you actually, I see another Saturday 3pm scrapfest on the cards, as Bolton, Wigan, and Sunderland were. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a 0-0 or 1-1 again. Cue another mass post-mortem, and everyone saying we're "shite" again. Hope I'm wrong though.

AGENDA:

League Game 34/38 v Birmingham (h)

KO: 14:00 GMT/15:00 Local 23 April

Host Broadcaster: BBC Sport

TV/Web: Satellites/Streams

I think Maxi needs to play for his LFC career today, also if hes not performing by half time throw a young'n on for him. We need everyone on song if we are not to slip up against these.

Maxi should be sold in summer no matter how he plays today. The most anonymous player we've ever had.

Maxi should be sold in summer no matter how he plays today. The most anonymous player we've ever had.

I think that's a little harsh, but yeah, I would definitely sell him.

So are we going one up front then or is Dirk alongside Suarez? I imagine it's the latter, with Maxi on the left and Raul on the right. Not ideal by any means but I can't see many other options.

Nobody. We can't play a decent 4-4-2 because we don't have any wide players.

As wide forwards in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 we can use Kuyt and Suarez, or if need be, Maxi.

I think the narrow 4-4-2 we sometimes attempt is woeful.

I wasn't advocating 4-4-2. The question is who is going to provide width when we attack, regardless of formation. I'm not sure putting Suárez out there instead of Meireles improves things.

I had hoped to see Sterling on the bench, but made up with Coady there. If we're cruising by the 70 minute mark I suppose he'll get a few mins.

Sterling picked up an injury training with the first team yesterday. Hopefully he is fit to play in the mini derby on Tuesday.

Guest TK-421
Suarez to do a backflip over two defenders and do back-heel keepy-ups into the goal in the 28th minute.

Lucas: Flip six three hole. Luis? Hey!

Luis: What!?

Lucas: You were drifting. Flip six three hole. On one, got it ?

Luis: Just pass me the ball, Leiva.