You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wonder why Curtis Jones’ appeal failed? 

IMG_0672.jpeg

Corrupt Premier league, PGMOL, redshite or whatever but yeah weird how this decision shown in slow-mo is overturned because it made it look worse than it was but Curtis Jones one was all good and deserved despite being exactly the same situation.

50 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wonder why Curtis Jones’ appeal failed? 

IMG_0672.jpeg

Wasn't there some technical reason why it wasn't in scope for the panel, or was that Jota's? 

We know it was just because they'd already got one thing wrong and couldn't face admitting to another.

3 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

Corrupt Premier league, PGMOL, redshite or whatever but yeah weird how this decision shown in slow-mo is overturned because it made it look worse than it was but Curtis Jones one was all good and deserved despite being exactly the same situation.

Curtis one was not as bad.  His foot was only high because it skewed off the ball.  

To be fair, I would have appealed that red card as it was the first time var/ref had got a decision wrong. Justice prevailed they can move on with their lives now. Don't think he really thought about this.

• DCL Red card

It seems to have been by passed the fact we played for 10-15 mins without our goal scorer we may have scored a goal ..game should be replayed
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s not pretty reading if you’re a blue. 

https://josimarfootball.com/2024/01/09/the-twilight-zone/

Not really the same energy as when Mosh came in and started slapping money down on tables at every shite club in the Premier League. 

Even their takeovers have gone shit. 

Your head is falling off lad. You know they'll be better than Saudi owners. 

12 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

To be fair, I would have appealed that red card as it was the first time var/ref had got a decision wrong. Justice prevailed they can move on with their lives now. Don't think he really thought about this.

• DCL Red card

It seems to have been by passed the fact we played for 10-15 mins without our goal scorer we may have scored a goal ..game should be replayed

The game is being replayed, the dickhead

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I can’t believe it’s been over turned to be honest. He went in with his studs high. It was a soft red defo but Jesus Christ. I can’t remember but did Jones Red get rescinded? 

They managed to get the press outraged, so I'm not surprised. Hopefully they'll get another pts deduction for dodgy books again. The fume would be glorious 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They managed to get the press outraged, so I'm not surprised. Hopefully they'll get another pts deduction for dodgy books again. The fume would be glorious 

It’s exactly this; starts with Dyche in the post-match setting the tone. 

Arteta cries like a wee bitch about Ref’s - result - they get away with a glut of cards for dissent. 

Yet Liverpool get raw-dogged by Manc refs on a monthly basis - they now even the brass-balls to appoint born and bred Mancs to ref when we play Citeh or United; imagine the outcry if they tried to appoint a Merseyside born and raised Rovers fan just once? Yet we keep bending over without a peep …

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can’t believe it’s been over turned to be honest. He went in with his studs high. It was a soft red defo but Jesus Christ. I can’t remember but did Jones Red get rescinded? 

Nope.  Because the media focus was on the Diaz fuck-up, PGMOL were never going to admit that they got the Jones one horribly wrong, too.

PGMOL are such shithouses;  they can't admit when they get stuff wrong and they won't stand their ground when they get stuff right.

• Upvote 3

They admitted the jota sending off was wrong - but couldn’t do anything about it. 

What irritates me more is VAR (as usual). Ref didn’t send DCL off until the guys in the truck with benefit of slow mo replays and different angles call him over to have a second look. He changes his mind and then, a few days later, a different bunch of guys look at the same incident and decide it’s not a red. What is the point of VAR?

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

No, no, the game should be replayed at Selhurst Park, fair's fair.

Hahaha thick as fuck aren’t they. 

I’d genuine piss myself if they got knocked out. 

I’ll never forget that video that horrible blue nose girl took “goin’ down are we fuccchhh we’re gonna win the cup” then got bingoed in the next round. Hahaha 

The null & void shouts are starting to rumble for this year already. 

The psyche of the blues is there will

genuinely be Everton fans who would take a Covid 2 type pandemic to derail us if we take a stranglehold at the top and keep progressing in the cups 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha thick as fuck aren’t they. 

I’d genuine piss myself if they got knocked out. 

I’ll never forget that video that horrible blue nose girl took “goin’ down are we fuccchhh we’re gonna win the cup” then got bingoed in the next round. Hahaha 

The null & void shouts are starting to rumble for this year already. 

Didn't Wolves official twitter do a similar thing after the Spurs game? Sarcastically asking for a replay for a cup game at Anfield where there wasn't VAR camera coverage. The game went to a replay at Molineux anyway.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Didn't Wolves official twitter do a similar thing after the Spurs game? Sarcastically asking for a replay for a cup game at Anfield where there wasn't VAR camera coverage. The game went to a replay at Molineux anyway.

To be fair if any side in the league should be pissed off with VAR it’s Wolves. They’ve had some shockers against them. I like Gary O’Neil but how he hasn’t started smacking refs is beyond me 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's a good example of the madness of crowds, that Wolves game.  In the absence of fully-functioning VAR, the only person who had a view of whether or not it was offside was the lino.  Yet thousands of people who never saw whether or not it was offside will insist that he got it wrong.

53 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

They admitted the jota sending off was wrong - but couldn’t do anything about it. 

What irritates me more is VAR (as usual). Ref didn’t send DCL off until the guys in the truck with benefit of slow mo replays and different angles call him over to have a second look. He changes his mind and then, a few days later, a different bunch of guys look at the same incident and decide it’s not a red. What is the point of VAR?

They didn't. that was a panel independent of PGMOL. PGMOL didn't apologise or acknowledge they were wrong. 

• Upvote 1