You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

And Moyes earns more money than any player at the club.

And most managers in the league - pretty sure only Ferguson and Mancini ear earning more.

Worth noting - Swansea would have won more trophies than Moyes despite spending less money!

And more importantly, Moyes has never beaten United, Arsenal, Chelsea or liverpool away in 11 years at Everton! 44 matches without a win.

I was watching that absolute abortion of a channel Sky Sports News on deadline day, and Everton's 'interest' in Alvaro Negredo was being discussed. That tit Purslow was waxing lyrical about Kenwright and the amazing work Everton have done, and how their move for Negredo was such a shining example of that.

However, as the day drew on and it became apparently clear that their was no chance in hell Negredo was going to be rocking up at Woodison any time soon, little was made of it other than the line "Everton have been unable to do a deal for...". There was no mention of why when they were supposedly in for a Spanish and Dutch international did they only end up with a teenage right back from Barnsley? It was classic deadline day stuff from Kenwright and Co, have the world believing you're going full out to sign top class talent then trot out the hard luck story when it doesn't happen. A lot of their fans cannot be fooled but unbelievably pretty much everyone outside the club and in the media buy all this shit.

They have the 7th highest wage bill I think.

But they are shit at making money. Commercialy they are shit, they won't admit it but the 'Peoples Club' is a whopper of a mistake - base being an Evertonian on coming from the City and then try and sell your club shirts to non Scousers!

Have they still got that shirt commercial tie in with Kitbag where basically any shirt sales outside of their club shop they don't see a penny of or have I got that wrong?

Edited by The Acolyte

Have they still got that shirt commercial tie in with Kitbag where basically any shirt sales outside of their club shop they don't see a penny of or have I got that wrong?

I think they still have that - certainly don't recall reading otherwise. I am sure had they cancelled the contract, it would have been a leading story on the Echo about how much of a positive move it will be.

I reckon this might be the year Moyes has had enough.

There has been a little bit of criticism, or more specifically more people questioning his ambition of late! Not much, but maybe enough to make him think 'how much longer can I milk this cash cow'?

I think he wanted the Spurs job in the summer and I don't think his ego would allow him to forgo the Chelsea job if Rafa is fucked off - he would love to be able to follow him and win something.

He's had better opportunities to jump ship and didn't as he knows full well that any team he goes to he'll be under the spot light from day one. I think only once he leaves will people put his "achievements" under the spotlight and ask themselves how he managed to get away with it for so long without the fans and board catching on.

There is no way on this Earth that the Russian is going to even consider appointing a manager who has won the square root of fuck all in 11 years at one club. Absolutely NO CHANCE!

He appointed that Toad from Portsmouth (whose name escapes me), and Di Matteo (although that was on a temporary contract). But I think Roman would appoint Alan Carr if he was told so by his current 'advisor'!

Also worth point out - Moyes would be a step up in the eyes of the Chelsea Fans.

I don't think he is a shit manager he's done well to keep them up at times but the media think he's never spent anything and he's this poor frustrated manager who has to get by. If he was really bothered about having no money to spend he would have gone to the board and said back me or sack me.

Both him and the board have got a marriage of convenience, he gets to stay and everyone thinks he's a great manager operating on a shoestring but gets paid well. Ken wright and the board keep treading water in the Premier League safe in the knowledge that Moyes won't come and ask them for £50m to buy some decent players to get them in the top 4.

Avram Grant was an appointment of a 'friend' and Di Matteo had been a former player and both had connections with the club or the hierarchy. Moyes is neither. He's got very little to persuade any owner to appoint him. Some may say loyalty, others would call that lack of ambition. He's ben able to unearth a few unknown gems in his time there, but in reality, that's something Abramovich doesn't need, nor have the patience for when he can afford to splash out £50M for players he just wants. He wants results, he wants what he considers sexy football which is why he so desperately wanted Pep Guardiola. Moyes most certainly does not offer that. He'd be just another also-ran. A time-wasting mistake.

In the eyes of the 'fans', Moyes would indeed be a step up. But these are the same fans who are happy to wave thousands of generic blue plastic flags to create an 'atmosphere' at their European games. These are also the very same fans that Abramovich gives not one shit about.

Avram Grant was an appointment of a 'friend' and Di Matteo had been a former player and both had connections with the club or the hierarchy. Moyes is neither. He's got very little to persuade any owner to appoint him. Some may say loyalty' date=' others would call that lack of ambition. He's ben able to unearth a few unknown gems in his time there, but in reality, that's something Abramovich doesn't need, nor have the patience for when he can afford to splash out £50M for players he just wants. He wants results, he wants what he considers sexy football which is why he so desperately wanted Pep Guardiola. Moyes most certainly does not offer that. He'd be just another also-ran. A time-wasting mistake.

In the eyes of the 'fans', Moyes would indeed be a step up. But these are the same fans who are happy to wave thousands of generic blue plastic flags to create an 'atmosphere' at their European games. These are also the very same fans that Abramovich gives not one shit about.[/quote']

You're probably right, I only mentioned Chelsea as that as Rafa's replacement he wouldn't say no. I don't actually think he would get offered the job.

Gold has said he won't consider talking to Allardyce about extending his contract until West Ham are safe from relegation. Now there's a destination that's at Moyes' level. Although we all know he'll extend his Everton contract at the last because he won't leave his comfort zone.

His stock probably isn't going to rise much more. There's no way anyone can convince me they aren't in a false position, they are about 8th or 9th quality. They got off to a roaring start and have faded away. I'm worried we lack the consistency to catch them but they are nothing special.

Let's face it, the ugly bog eyed prick has massively overachieved with them again.

There are not that many jobs for him as a stepping stone (as Tottenham would have been) - but, there are not that many managers out there. Chelsea, City, Madrid and PSG (possibly Milan) will be looking for a new manager in the summer - Klopp will be the most obvious jewel, possibly Ancelotti returning to AC, Mancini may be in with a chance for PSG.

But - would Madrid be after Klopp? If so, then Chelsea and City are looking for a new manager, as much as I don't think he will get the job - it isn't out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...