You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best 11 to never win the "prem"?

WrongIslander

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but to have played in it.

GK: Given

LB: Harte

CB: Desailly

CB: Carragher :(

RB: Gary Kelly

DM: Boateng

AM: Juninho

AM: Okocha

AM: Gerrard :(

ST: Fowler :(

ST: Zola

Given better than Reina? You should be glad I'm on my phone and can't neg.

Okocha better than Le Tissier? Boateng better than Hamann or Mascherano? Kelly better than Rob Jones?

That's only comparing with ours. Go away and do it properly.

GK: Pepe Reina

RB: Rob Jones

CB: Jamie Carragher

CB: Sami Hyypia

LB: Jon Arne Riise

RM: Jason McAteer

CM: Steven Gerrard

LM: Steve McManaman

FW: Robbie Fowler

FW: Ian Rush

FW: Fernando Torres

As you can see, mine has been picked with Red-tinted specs on is certainly a team I think would've walked the Premiers. Obviously people will disagree but that's my view.

but to have played in it.

GK: Given

LB: Harte

CB: Desailly

CB: Carragher :(

RB: Gary Kelly

DM: Boateng

AM: Juninho

AM: Okocha

AM: Gerrard :(

ST: Fowler :(

ST: Zola

You either forgot Sami - a great crime in itself - or you didn't think he warranted a place in the team; either way, negged.

Given better than Reina? You should be glad I'm on my phone and can't neg.

Okocha better than Le Tissier? Boateng better than Hamann or Mascherano? Kelly better than Rob Jones?

That's only comparing with ours. Go away and do it properly.

I'm taking into account length of time and plus I didn't want all Liverpool players.

Yes Gary Kelly was better than Rob Jones, he was a consumate professional who gave years of faithful service as well as being a quality player. Jones was class but time played its part and again, didn't want all Liverpool players.

Le Tiss deserved to be mentioned but Le Tiss in midfield ahead of Okocha? Not a prayer in my books. Boateng not better than Mascherano? Only on this fucking site.

You either forgot Sami - a great crime in itself - or you didn't think he warranted a place in the team; either way, negged.

Fair enough. Sami and Desailly. Carra deserves it but not as much as big Sam.

I could also have put Hamann in for Boateng but it's just a rough quick list of players that came to mind and needs a bit more thought.

Thanks for the neg though, really warranted. If I cared I might call you a name, but I don't so ....

GK: Pepe Reina

RB: Rob Jones

CB: Jamie Carragher

CB: Sami Hyypia

LB: Jon Arne Riise

RM: Jason McAteer

CM: Steven Gerrard

LM: Steve McManaman

FW: Robbie Fowler

FW: Ian Rush

FW: Fernando Torres

As you can see, mine has been picked with Red-tinted specs on is certainly a team I think would've walked the Premiers. Obviously people will disagree but that's my view.

You should sub McAteer and stick Barnes in then it would of been ace.

Guest the boy
Le Tiss in midfield ahead of Okocha? Not a prayer in my books. Boateng not better than Mascherano? Only on this fucking site.

Absolutely mental, on both counts.

Le Tiss deserved to be mentioned but Le Tiss in midfield ahead of Okocha? Not a prayer in my books. Boateng not better than Mascherano? Only on this fucking site.

Firstly, that is mental. Secondly, if you don't want a load of Liverpool players, why not say that. You include some, but not others. If they are better then they are better. So your "best 11" is actually a bestish 11, with a few arbitrarily removed better players replaced with poorer players, preferably Irish.

Did it all make sense when you started the thread?