You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheapest CL Final ticket £176.

lifetime fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought i would see the day when i would read a so called Liverpool supporter comming out in favour of having to Pay £176 for a match ticket no not in favour but argue the case for the cost and maybe even more ?

Football is the game of the working classes always has been and how anyone can argue that a father wanting to take his 2 kids to watch the team they have followed all season into the final only to be faced with ticket cost alone of £528 before travel costs and living expenses on the trip

And people can justify this expense when the people who are earning a fortune from the game are getting their tickets for fuck all i'm talking about the UEFA cake and arse party brigade here or as they like to call themselves the UEFA Family how anyone can make a case for this level of costs is beyond me and is why they game will suffer big time in the next 5 years as the reality of the economic crisis bites

Its a sad day when people can support this on a Liverpool Fans Forum IMHO

The real problem is getting to these places most of the time.

Totally agree, I know its wembley this year, but some of the places Liverpool have had to go to as soon as the finla whistle whistle in the semi-final blows the online flights prices shoot up by hundreds, thats before you take accoomdation & beer money into account. Its not just UEFA & Fat Sepp that rip the fans off, its every commercial company that has anything to do with the competition... I think its time we all agree, money has ruined football. The corporate world has taken over & f**ked every average fan

Don't you understand?

It's simple: if you want it, you pay for it. Probably prices are heightened by freeloading skanks, much in the same way that shoplifters effectively raise the prices to compensate for stockloss. In effect, you're harming the billpayer as much as the people you criticise. Hypocritical much?

Your unemployment point is telling. If you're unemployed, it's due to a political atrocity, blah, blah, blah. Stop making excuses! If you're long term unemployed- it is absolutely your fault, not the government's! Making excuses seems a feature of your rhetoric this evening. Time to grow up a bit, pay your way in life and make a positive contribution (rather than pretending to whilst servicing your own retarded agenda).

Tell your mother i've got a spare tenner and will meet her in the usual place.

Charging high ticket prices can backfire and I've seen it happen. Last year I went to see Aerosmith at the O2. Apart from the Download festival (which I am now too old for!) it was their only UK gig. The band aint exactly spring chickens and I figured it would probably be the last time they played in the UK...so I HAD to go. Then I bought the tickets. Cheapest one was £100 - it still hurts to say that! I'm a tight git and think £30 for a gig is expensive, but I gritted my teeth and payed up. Result? Great gig, but masses of empty seats! If tickets were priced at £50 it would have sold out 10 times over. Granted the CL final is a bit different, but if there are no British teams there, then they might find foreign supporters refuse to pay the silly prices and stay at home.

Charging high ticket prices can backfire and I've seen it happen. Last year I went to see Aerosmith at the O2. Apart from the Download festival (which I am now too old for!) it was their only UK gig. The band aint exactly spring chickens and I figured it would probably be the last time they played in the UK...so I HAD to go. Then I bought the tickets. Cheapest one was £100 - it still hurts to say that! I'm a tight git and think £30 for a gig is expensive, but I gritted my teeth and payed up. Result? Great gig, but masses of empty seats! If tickets were priced at £50 it would have sold out 10 times over. Granted the CL final is a bit different, but if there are no British teams there, then they might find foreign supporters refuse to pay the silly prices and stay at home.

We can but hope.

What are the prices they are charging for the Europa League final ?

€50 is the cheapest + €15 admin fee. For one fan. Category 3 tickets are €80 + admin, that's what most of our fans would be officially allocated.

That of course is so far. Once the official allocations are released, the clubs add on their slice, admin fees, and distribution costs, before talking travel packages, it'll probably cost a good bit more.

As for the £176, well it's not our problem this year, but if it was, you're looking at easily past the £200pp mark, when the additional costs as above, are taken into account. It's not exactly 1978 prices.

Right okay, so you've so far had the nerve to call me and others self righteous while at the same time talking down to everyone, acting like you're the only person who has ever been employed and completely overlooking a recession and rising unemployment figures so you can look high and mighty.

What's more you are stupid enough to use the example of "you wouldn't steal from a shop" because you're that thick you buy into the idea of buying a satelite dish and motor and getting more football for a cheaper price "stealing".

Time to grow up a bit? Fall in line you mean sir?

You still have no idea whether I'm employed or for that matter anything about me but you seem to think you are qualified to not offer advice but run my life.

Self righteous? Looked it up recently?

You're a sad man, you think just because something can be bought and sold that it should be? Boy do you support the WRONG football team.

That, Sir, is a mouthwatering tirade, executed with violence. Unfortunately it's full of holes and begins to ramble.

I'll pick it up... Here:

You pay for the dish. Yes. And the motor. Yes. And the services. No. So you should have the dish and motor and NOT the services. I've no major problem with it but championing it feels a little cras. Fundamentally, if everyone did it, there would be grave repercussions.

I get the impression you're unemployed because you seem to have no money and like to make excuses for why you should be better off/ have more etc. Who'd want to employ someone like that? I don't think I've mentioned my employment, I certainly don't earn much money and have to think carefully before I buy things. If I wanted a CL ticket, I'd have to save awhile.

You've been trolling? Tell Dirk to save his tenner! He doesn't sound fussy.

I think I've put my points across very badly here. Let me rephrase them and add a layer or two:

The average fan doesn't seem to be UEFA's priority. Whether or not it should be would depend on what your interests are, ie whether you're a paying fan or moneymaking uefa official. What I'm saying is while uefa has moneymaking priorities, it's understandable from their point of view that there'll be high ticket prices to maximise revenue. I think we'd all like to see lower ticket prices, more fans going, cheaper tv deals, etc. It would benefit most people as would a wage cap by reducing the need for significant revenues to be generated. Because I don't go every week, ticket prices aren't a burning issue to me. I undersand that's not the case for everybody. I've tried to get tickets at Anfield and missed out on at least 3 occasions this year and whilst the demand is there, prices won't be reduced. If you were a business man, would you?

I think I've put my points across very badly here. Let me rephrase them and add a layer or two:

The average fan doesn't seem to be UEFA's priority. Whether or not it should be would depend on what your interests are, ie whether you're a paying fan or moneymaking uefa official. What I'm saying is while uefa has moneymaking priorities, it's understandable from their point of view that there'll be high ticket prices to maximise revenue. I think we'd all like to see lower ticket prices, more fans going, cheaper tv deals, etc. It would benefit most people as would a wage cap by reducing the need for significant revenues to be generated. Because I don't go every week, ticket prices aren't a burning issue to me. I undersand that's not the case for everybody. I've tried to get tickets at Anfield and missed out on at least 3 occasions this year and whilst the demand is there, prices won't be reduced. If you were a business man, would you?

I've read all your posts as 'everyone should bend over and take it up the arse' that might be your cup of tea but excuse most people if they are not happy with that.

Tickets for anfield are not £150 per game while a quarter of the stadium get them as kick backs for being part of the family so there is no comparison

The average fan doesn't seem to be UEFA's priority. Whether or not it should be would depend on what your interests are, ie whether you're a paying fan or moneymaking uefa official.

When was the fan UEFA's priority? UEFA's main interest is television. Games are scheduled for set times, regardless of accessibility, weather, time of year, notice period etc, and they can't be changed, be it club or international tournaments. Games are moved from team's home grounds because the floodlights are not considered good enough for television. You only have to take the timing of our game next week, as an example of inconvenience for the paying punter. Why? Television demands. In the EPL, Sky and ESPN employ the same policies. I think it's obscene that we have to play games at 12:45 then play our next game at 8-9pm kos. But that's tv for you. The only positive exception is moving the CL Final to a Saturday night slot, which benefits fans in the stadium, and on tv, as it's the best time to play games.

UEFA are more than happy to bend over for tv, but won't budge on the issue of live replays and tv refs. Something that may actually help fans, players, coaches, and officials alike.

I think your opinions aren't up to much.

You seem (albeit now rather reluctantly, in marked contrast to your more bullish tone last night) to condone charging exorbitant prices because hey, that's the nature of capitalism. This thinking is what's wrong with modern society. If it makes money, it's fine / understandable / worthy of praise (are you the type who reads the Sunday Times rich list?).

I don't think it is.

They know they are dealing with 'addicts'. They are exploiting the football fan's addiction to their cultural fix. They are wringing the last penny out of gullible people because yes, they have a choice, but they know full well the psychological profile of their market.

It's disgusting.

By your logic, they should charge £200 per ticket, because again there will be people who pay it.

However, two caveats. One, no, I don't agree it will sell out. UEFA will make more money (hooray!!!! - "Actually: I disagree with the outrage towards the price. Objectively, you have to say: 'Yeah, that makes sense'."), but fewer fans will see the game. And secondly, the type of supporters who go won't create the same atmosphere as those who would attend if the financial threshold was more reasonable.

Personally, I hope this is the death-knell for football of the modern era (unlike you, who said Like it or not, football's changing. Personally, I don't mind too much.). I am not a Sky generation fan. I hate almost all of the subsidiary things I have to deal with to watch my team, from electronic advertising hoardings, Soccer AM, "corporate anthems", ridiculous kick off times, etc etc etc.

You may not know any better, Ynwa20, but maybe read a bit and watch a few videos. Or go and support Chelsea? They might win something soon. And there's loads of rich people who watch them. You can play with the small change in your pocket while they wave ten pound notes at fans from up north.

Rep this tit as well please. Tell me, what's thicker than following a crowd? I bet you get your opinions from watching chat shows, don't you? Probably with WrongIslander during the day- making excuses over a cuppa.

Your the one following the crowd and being a sheep by just accepting the scandalous theory that the high prices are due to 'supply and demand'.

Supporters usually qualify for CL final tickets through loyalty schemes set up by their clubs, which could already see them pay hundreds if not thousands on tickets and travel. Therefore, it will be that same group of supporters who end up paying these disgraceful prices if they want to go to a game that could be once in a lifetime for some of them. Supply and demand doesn't come into it, taking advantage of fans loyalty does.

If people roll over and accept these prices as the norm, the game will be taken away more and more from communities and the grass roots, leaving only the band wagon jumpers and corporates for whom this is the flavour of the month. When the bubble bursts they'll be gone quicker than you can say 'prawn sandwich' and who will UEFA and FIFA turn to? Us.

It will be too late by then though, because kids will become so disengaged with the game that they probably won't be prepared to follow it as passionately and fervently as us.

You carry on sponsoring it though.

The average fan doesn't seem to be UEFA's priority.

I stopped reading at this point. All the point you have tried to make have just been shot down with this one post.

That is exactly what the OP was saying that UEFA do not give a shit. its obvious that Money does not affect you and you will gladly pay what ever price is quoted. Thats ok mate you continue with that thats your choice and you opinion.

Usualy I listen to peoples opinions, I can say for the first time that yours is wrong. Not for the fact you dont agree that the FACT they are charging these prices is crazy but the fact you think everyone should just put up and shut up.

How do you think rich people get money? yes, by working hard but also because they know what a deal is and how to bargin on prices.

You are a very deluded person if you think that this is life and im ashamed to say that your not the only one. Look at the Wembely brigade right after kick off and after half time the stadium is empty because of these people.

Please for gods sake! step into the real world, football is a 'sport' it should not and should NEVER be a buisness but im afraid because of people like you it has and that is why players, clubs, staff, cleaners, kitmen and most importantly UEFA earn stupid ludicrous wages.

West Ham is easily a £100 day out

Every home game for me is around £100 day out, traveling up from London..

£50 Ticket

£20 Petrol

£15 Food and drinks

£10 Programme, fanzine etc..

Watching Liverpool win.. Priceless.

(I hope my wife never sees this post the amount of times I've said we can't go out as things are tight and then go to Liverpool on the Saturday!)