You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

I am starting to waver on backing him, and Pepe's revelation that Carroll is the worst trainer in the squad was depressing ( whilst his statement that he doesn't like to be "fisted" before games raised a few eyebrows!).

Politically i don't think that we can sell him now, we have no alternative other than to sittight and hope.

Genuinely, what would he be worth now? £3m perhaps? I don't get it, with the Euro's coming up and a weak England forward line up you would havethought that he would have been busting a gut to succeed- but it doesn't look that way.

Fulham are exactly the sort of side against which he should be imposing himself, sadly I think we have a Babel situation on our hands, a young man who has been made rich beyond his wildest dreams for whom football is a bit of a nuisance.

Well just thought I'd pop in and see who today's scapegoat is. Quel surprise, it's andy Carroll.

Unless you haven't realised we can't finish any chances and he is our number 9, £35 million striker.

OK it is not his fault about the price, he can't help that. He can't help being a poor footballer either. Average pace, average touch, no awareness in the box, he is not unbeatable in the air - far from it and it is deeply frustrating.

Not only does he look incredibly raw and disappointing from a personal point of view. What is even worse is he doesn't suit our brand of football at all. He doesn't compliment Suarez, he can't link up with him. He doesn't have the skills to suit pass and move. He needs long passes and crosses - two things Premiership defenders love dealing with.

Poor player, poor signing and what is worse we are still playing him when he hinders our attacking play and it has cost us too many points this season.

Unlike you to talk shit :D

Not sure what "shit" I've just talked there. Took me 30 seconds to see you'd mouthed off about Skrtel, Adam and Carroll. That's all I could be arsed to read. And your chance to defend yourself was that reply? You're more of a fucking gobshite mong than I gave you credit for.

If you can't take the rough with the smooth I suggest you fuck off and find something else to do. What a fucking tool.

He's not doing anything particularly wrong, it's just we can't seem to get the best out of him, yes he's only young, and bloody hell I am desperate just as much as the next person to see him succeed, but it just isn't happening.

I think we need to cut our losses. He's a good player, and I think he'll make it, I just think unless we're willing to make him the vocal point of our side week in week out till he starts scoring, he's just not going to make it here.

It's a wrench saying that.

I'll try not to make him the scapegoat for my frustation tonight but...

We do definately need a new striker in the window if we are going to qualify for the CL next season.

We're simply not scoring enough goals so the first point is that if Andy Carroll, as our No 9, is not starting every week when he's fit then he fucking should be...one would hope?

The second point is that we should have more goals from him than he's delivered.

I'll answer both of these myself in saying that I've not seen any consistent form from the lad to warrant a guaranteed place in the team and his goal record speaks for itself and both of these worry me.

Bollocks to the price tag, it doesn't really matter anymore, what matters is that he plays better and starts putting his chances away (like the one in the 1st half tonight for example).

I don't think there's much point in piling it on Andy Carroll, I just think he's been earmarked for the door this January for quite some times. Someone asked 'why do we play him?' but we don't, that's why I think he's gone, despite all the talk of special fitness programmes.

Who would buy him though? We'd have to take one almighty hit to get shot. Can we afford to? Don't know what the answer is tbh.

Who would buy him though? We'd have to take one almighty hit to get shot. Can we afford to? Don't know what the answer is tbh.

I think we'd take a massive loss, maybe as much as £20m, but I think the likes of Spurs (maybe part of some Modric to chavs merry-go-round) and newcastle would come in for him. I imagine the key from the club's point of view is not making it look like it wants him gone so any prospective buyer doesn't have us by the balls. Saying that though, we don't 'need' to sell him, we're not a sell to buy club now, but for the good of the lad's career and because, IMO, his value will continue to sink the longer he's here, the sooner we get shut the better.

Not sure what "shit" I've just talked there. Took me 30 seconds to see you'd mouthed off about Skrtel, Adam and Carroll. That's all I could be arsed to read. And your chance to defend yourself was that reply? You're more of a fucking gobshite mong than I gave you credit for.

If you can't take the rough with the smooth I suggest you fuck off and find something else to do. What a fucking tool.

During the match thread :D you idiot. I'm commenting on the situation then and there as the match goes on. A mistake a shit pass etc do I call the player shit no I don't. As I said talking shit as you usually fucking do. Super fan or super cunt.

I suggest if you cant handle some ones opinion you fuck off from forums as you clearly can't grasp the concept of a forum you mong.

You're one grade A fucking idiot.

Guest ShoePiss
I think we'd take a massive loss, maybe as much as £20m, but I think the likes of Spurs (maybe part of some Modric to chavs merry-go-round) and newcastle would come in for him. I imagine the key from the club's point of view is not making it look like it wants him gone so any prospective buyer doesn't have us by the balls. Saying that though, we don't 'need' to sell him, we're not a sell to buy club now, but for the good of the lad's career and because, IMO, his value will continue to sink the longer he's here, the sooner we get shut the better.

You think someone would buy him for £15m in January? I'd be surprised, actually I'd be surprised if we got that in the Summer too...unless of course he improves but then we probably wouldn't be selling him!

Spurs play fucking great football, why on earth would they want to add Carroll to that fast, expansive style? Plus they have a great squad and don't need him.

We need a Lucas replacement, a striker and a right winger in January. I bet we get one of those and it will probably be a free transfer.

Listening to Collymore after the game, he said its unfair of Liverpool to use carol this way, they should play to his strengths and even suggested a loan may be a good idea in January, basically saying he will not fit in the pass and move style.

Guest ShoePiss
Listening to Collymore after the game, he said its unfair of Liverpool to use carol this way, they should play to his strengths and even suggested a loan may be a good idea in January, basically saying he will not fit in the pass and move style.

Lower case first letter and misspelled so it's the girl's name, ooo such a sly dig!

Really annoyed here.

To be fair, if we keep him for a decade, use him as a target man when needed, that would be £3.5m a season.

I suspect his wages aren't cheap. Horses are expensive to keep now days!

You will only see the best of Carroll with 2 decent wingers (yes I still think we havent got any world class wingers.) and Gerard in the team. However, the formation we have been playing and the passing we have seen, he doesnt fit in at all. I actually feel sorry for him. You cant say he isnt trying. He is playing shit and doesnt fit into the shape.

Lower case first letter and misspelled so it's the girl's name, ooo such a sly dig!

Really annoyed here.

Didn’t even realise…..meant Caroll. Anyway Collymore is full of it, how is a loan going to help him if he goes to a team that don’t play the same style as |Liverpool he will just have to re-adopt when he comes back. Honestly I feel for the kid, his transfer fee will be the end of him, just too much pressure for a young player

You will only see the best of Carroll with 2 decent wingers (yes I still think we havent got any world class wingers.) and Gerard in the team. However, the formation we have been playing and the passing we have seen, he doesnt fit in at all. I actually feel sorry for him. You cant say he isnt trying. He is playing shit and doesnt fit into the shape.

And where will you play Suarez in this formation?

Did you see his air shot when Suarez dribbled along the byline and crossed it for him? Nothing to do with formation or style of play, that. It was plain old lack of quality.

If there was a decent reserve league he should play for the reserves until he gets his confidence back and starts banging in the goals, and then he can be recalled to the first team. As the reserves only play 2 games a season he may be better off going out on loan to get form and fitness back. He's on a long contract, nobody will pay much for him at the moment, so he has time.

It would be a brave move though.

During the match thread :D you idiot. I'm commenting on the situation then and there as the match goes on. A mistake a shit pass etc do I call the player shit no I don't. As I said talking shit as you usually fucking do. Super fan or super cunt.

I suggest if you cant handle some ones opinion you fuck off from forums as you clearly can't grasp the concept of a forum you mong.

You're one grade A fucking idiot.

What's with the daft smileys, shitlicker?

I can handle opinions perfectly. I can also handle you, cocksucker. The "comments" you make during a match thread aren't in any way shape or form reasoned opinions so don't try dressing them up as such. They're jibes, digs and swipes at your own team. Are you one of those stupid skyfan cunts who boos when we lose? It would seem so.

This place is becoming more and more vocalised by know nothing fucking whoppers like you. I've been on here four years and I've never seen such a shabby unbridled and unpoliced set of wankers as there are on here, especially on a match thread. Since when is it ok to justify slagging off our players 'because it's a match thread'? What a wanker.

Someone else said recently that a cull on this forum is well overdue and I couldn't agree more.